• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

dumb question but it is a problem

Started by Rosso, January 26, 2009, 08:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosso

hi there, i can run vcmp fine but when it comes to killing someone it just keeps firing and nothing happens to the opponent yet they can kill me, its highly frustrating

any help wud b gr8

Rosso

TLK.akiharu

I think I can safely assume that you're either new to Vice City or new to the multiplayer version of this game. Well, since this is not a lag-less game, simply aiming straight and shooting at a person will not kill him/her, unless your target isn't moving at all. You have to, thus, lead your shots, or in other words, aim your shots ahead of where you think the person will be moving towards, in order to beat the lag. This is especially the case for long range shots with weapons such as the m60. Some people may lag more than others, and you just have to simply decide how much you want to "lead" when you're shooting.

Hope this helps.

TLK.akiharu
ULK.akiharu

ULK.HeAD

Quote from: TLK.akiharu on January 27, 2009, 06:38:20 AM
I think I can safely assume that you're either new to Vice City or new to the multiplayer version of this game. Well, since this is not a lag-less game, simply aiming straight and shooting at a person will not kill him/her, unless your target isn't moving at all. You have to, thus, lead your shots, or in other words, aim your shots ahead of where you think the person will be moving towards, in order to beat the lag. This is especially the case for long range shots with weapons such as the m60. Some people may lag more than others, and you just have to simply decide how much you want to "lead" when you're shooting.

yep, thats the best advice to follow.... or you might end up like certain players that compensate for lacking in skill to lead a target by waiting for you to fire first before attacking, in order to take a shot at a stationary target. others will compensate with a spas