• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Suggestions for Version 0.4

Started by matthiasvegh, July 25, 2007, 02:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ULK.HeAD

wow thanks for the quick response, it's nice to know I'm not falling on deaf ears. :D

yeh I had heard something of the sort from SGB about the no-shoot bug.
I understand it's probably a huge pain to fix, as I'd assume you'd have fixed it already if it was easy right  :)

as for the cars, I can't say I have a feel for how difficult that would be for you, but lemme say once again: if you could pull it off, there's alot people can do with current scripting capability before bugging you for any more updates/features, if ya know what I mean...

anyway, thanks again, and take care man... cya  ;D

[AoD]NC

QuoteThere are some problems with that. Increasing it over 200 makes cars sometimes have no audio because of the silly audio system VC uses (only 250 things (players+vehicles) can have audio enabled). This is pretty difficult to fix, but I believe I could do it. I think I will raise it higher even if I don't fix this, because audio is not the most important part of the gameplay anyway. Increasing it over 254 however is problematic due to the current internal structure of VC:MP. It is changeable of course, but it takes some effort to do.

I had something similar! Probably after adding a "clothing pickup" to the game. However I pressed ESC twice and sound was ok.

maxorator

Quote from: [AoD]NC on August 03, 2010, 01:29:16 AM
QuoteThere are some problems with that. Increasing it over 200 makes cars sometimes have no audio because of the silly audio system VC uses (only 250 things (players+vehicles) can have audio enabled). This is pretty difficult to fix, but I believe I could do it. I think I will raise it higher even if I don't fix this, because audio is not the most important part of the gameplay anyway. Increasing it over 254 however is problematic due to the current internal structure of VC:MP. It is changeable of course, but it takes some effort to do.

I had something similar! Probably after adding a "clothing pickup" to the game. However I pressed ESC twice and sound was ok.
No, it is not related to that. For a player or a vehicle to have audio, the game attaches an audio entity to it. However, the limit of audio entities is 250 and increasing it is problematic.

Relax

Wow, i see developers, good news. But there is one question. When can we see the results of your work? There already a lot of time has passed since the announcement of version 0.4. Or at least inform us about possible innovations.

[AoD]NC

@Maxorator: Just wanted to say that it happened for me, thought my pc was too hot :D.

@Relax: You should be just patient :). If max will think that it's time to announce something, then he will do that.

Klaus_Meine

Passenger drive-by for cars, bikes and helicopters would be a really cool feature as well.
Being able to drive-by with any weapon would also be interesting.
I guess it would be done like this:

JayL

Quote from: Klaus_Meine on August 06, 2010, 04:14:44 PM
Passenger drive-by for cars, bikes and helicopters would be a really cool feature as well.
Being able to drive-by with any weapon would also be interesting.
I guess it would be done like this:

Saw that in MTA-SA, you can hop on the roof of a vehicle and press some key and you will be attached to the car and able to shoot without falling off, actually even better than the SA-MP carsurfing. Would be cool for helicopter fights!

[AoD]NC

That's called "turret mode" and there were many similar suggestions to add this.

Yeah would be nice to play it, but it won't be easy to add this to VCMP.

Javi

Yeh I don't know if it's easy to add that stuff. But having the "turret mode" thingy would be awesome  :P

StriKe

Iam not sure if it's hard or not but something similar maxo did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX0Sase0YqA

[AoD]NC

But there is a little bit difference between single and multi, just to sync all that stuff.

Believe me I have asked max already about it :).

MISHA123152

CERTAINDEATH               - Smoke a cigarette!!!!!

Smoking sigarette!!
Experience VCMP: 4 years.
Professional coder: gamemodes, filterscripts.

Skirmant

Make it so that not only you could add objects to the map. But create your own maps, not limited by the original map boundries of Vice City.
That would rock! 
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

[AoD]NC

@Skirmant: "Maps" are just several objects on one place :). So if we can add objects, we can make as well a new island. Try to play with Moo mapper and you will see that.

@Misha: Do you realllllllllllllllly need it? That's the least important thing in the whole game IMO. I haven't ever used this cheat in VC, but I remember smoking from GTA2 :).