• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Suggestions for Version 0.4

Started by matthiasvegh, July 25, 2007, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mex

I think the chat box should be made slightly longer horizontally.

Also is there any estimated release date for 0.4?

GTA-Roloboy

iKlipse

Windows Vista compatibility.

Today I got a brand new laptop with Windows Vista, transferred most of my stuff. Downloaded VC:MP just earlier and when I close the VC:MP client I get literally 100's of access violation alerts for some reason.

Vista is just... Weird.. But good at the same time, especially for what I do.

matthiasvegh

ye vista is weird.. few of my mates tried out giving admin rights. no help there..

anyway, peds you say.. aah. so, walking as a ped.. what exactly does that mean??
for peds, i was wondering, have CPU players (like the BOTS in CS) that way, they could be integrated kinda easily, at the expense of bandwidth. (having 10's of bots + the players on server.. large lag) however, i dont see how having a ped system synced could use less..  :-\

GTA-Roloboy

Ever played SA:MP? I mean that ALT-button, that you can walk different.

And bots is a good idea (Only its possobile now in mIRC in a difficult way)

But.. in the config, one or two is not so bad?

maxorator

Having bot players ingame is almost impossible unless someone reverse engineers the whole Vice City (at least a year of work even for experienced reverse engineers) and then rewrites it into a server version, which would need a powerful host machine.

Juppi

Right, and i suppose it also increases the download bandwith usage by players a lot, so the game would get some extra lag for those with slower internet connections.

Pluisje

maxorator

Quote from: Juppi on November 07, 2007, 09:43:25 PM
Right, and i suppose it also increases the download bandwith usage by players a lot, so the game would get some extra lag for those with slower internet connections.
Lol, a little problem compared to what I said. ;D

Juppi

Hehe, well all pure speculation since its not gonna happen

BTW, i dont remember if anyone has asked already, but are 'old-fashioned' mIRC scripts going to work in 0.4? Or just pawn scripts?

iKlipse

Quote from: matthiasvegh on November 07, 2007, 05:49:31 PM
ye vista is weird.. few of my mates tried out giving admin rights. no help there..

anyway, peds you say.. aah. so, walking as a ped.. what exactly does that mean??
for peds, i was wondering, have CPU players (like the BOTS in CS) that way, they could be integrated kinda easily, at the expense of bandwidth. (having 10's of bots + the players on server.. large lag) however, i dont see how having a ped system synced could use less..  :-\

Well I use Vista business edition and I'm level 10 admin on thegtaplanet.net RPG/DM  server and I had no problem setting admin level.

About walking like peds, I occasionally play VC using my PS3 six axis controller and I can walk using that but according to what a friend on server said, it wasn't in sync.
The walking feature in San Andreas comes with San Andreas, that isn't just in SA:MP. Vice City doesn't have the button to enable walking but I suppose it could be done but I think it'd take quite a long time to do if it can be done.

Juppi

I think matthiasvegh was referring to this problem, and mentioned running vc:mp (or vc) as an administrator didnt solve the problem.

About walking style, i think its quite unuseful. Instead of single little details like it, my opinion is that the devs should concentrate more to the techical side: to get the game more stable, and giving server runners more modding possibilities (but not with the cost of reliability). Those little details are a good addition to the later (?) versions of 0.4, like adding some animations in 0.3z was. Thats my opinion.

iKlipse

Yeah I agree, I think making it more stable is the thing to focus on most.

Mattz

I want 0.4 to have entering vehicles to be synced. eg: you can see other people opening vehicle doors :D