• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Not so F AQ pt.2

Started by Boss, January 14, 2010, 07:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss

Me again. The previous thread was locked (for no apparent reason), so I had to start a new one.

I'm almost done making my script, which 100% dublicates MTA 0.5 mode. Yet I'm confused about few other things, which do not let me finish:
1. Why are there so many "system messages"? Kills and joins/parts take two lines of code to be put into a mode, yet you can't get rid of them (or change them) if you need to.
2. If there's no easy way of making chat scrolling, at least make it wider so that most of the messages don't take two lines. Some extra chat lines would be nice too.
3. How come SetCameraPos can't be used for players separately (addressing them by playerid)? MTA had the camera moving from spawn to spawn but there's no way to do that in VC-MP.
4. Many functions simply don't work (SendDeathMessage, SetPlayerDrunk, SetTimer, SetPlayerMarker, SetPlayerColor etc., with the last two even causing crashes). Yes, I know that they take much time to make, but at least remove them from the .inc, since such "placeholders" are not good at all.
Speaking of inoperative functions, I need at least SetTimer for making sailor regeneration an SetPlayerColor for custom class colors. How come nobody noticed that such generic functions do not work?
5. Having a simple function for outputting a text on the screen (like you do it at the spawn screen) would be nice too.
6. Remove or toggle headshots. They look reasonable when using m4/m60, but blowing the head off with just a colt/tec9...
7. Having an "ammount" parameter in AddStaticPickup would be nice. Or, at least, lower the ammounts to the ones from MTA (50 molotovs from a single pickup? jeez).
8. And I just recently noticed that melee weapons' hits are almost desynced. I hit a standing still guy with a bat 10 times and his hp reduced just once.

I'm still offering my help with readmes/testing/site/whatnot if it helps to fix the things mentioned above sooner.

[AoD]NC

Boss you rock :).

I agree with the most things, especially point 6 with headshots.

@Old FAQ: Yes, SAMP browser is now fixed and do not scream with errors on Vista/7 so why not ask them how to fix it in VCMP? You wont need Vista/7 for this :).

Falcon

The reason topic was locked was due to the fact it turned into a lets bang out the devs topic.... ain't very nice thing to do given the fact this is our forums.

Quote from: Boss on January 14, 2010, 07:11:09 PM
Me again. The previous thread was locked (for no apparent reason), so I had to start a new one.
I'm almost done making my script, which 100% dublicates MTA 0.5 mode. Yet I'm confused about few other things, which do not let me finish:

Simple reason pawn and std server both use same client atm .. so if we remove death and join messages a server w/o scripts would have none. I might add in a way to define no messages in pawn script or something along those lines.
1. Why are there so many "system messages"? Kills and joins/parts take two lines of code to be put into a mode, yet you can't get rid of them (or change them) if you need to.
There is and we are looking at that in future version's.
2. If there's no easy way of making chat scrolling, at least make it wider so that most of the messages don't take two lines. Some extra chat lines would be nice too.
Same reason as above std server to pawn server has no rpc set in client.
3. How come SetCameraPos can't be used for players separately (addressing them by playerid)? MTA had the camera moving from spawn to spawn but there's no way to do that in VC-MP.

Wasn't aware of these bugs will look into.
4. Many functions simply don't work (SendDeathMessage, SetPlayerDrunk, SetTimer, SetPlayerMarker, SetPlayerColor etc., with the last two even causing crashes). Yes, I know that they take much time to make, but at least remove them from the .inc, since such "placeholders" are not good at all.
Speaking of inoperative functions, I need at least SetTimer for making sailor regeneration an SetPlayerColor for custom class colors. How come nobody noticed that such generic functions do not work?
There is already GameTextPlayer() not sure what else you would like ..
5. Having a simple function for outputting a text on the screen (like you do it at the spawn screen) would be nice too.
Why not if they get a head shot in .. we could make it toggle for some weapons i spose if there is a great need for it.
6. Remove or toggle headshots. They look reasonable when using m4/m60, but blowing the head off with just a colt/tec9...
Yes is possible will look into for update.
7. Having an "ammount" parameter in AddStaticPickup would be nice. Or, at least, lower the ammounts to the ones from MTA (50 molotovs from a single pickup? jeez).
That has been there since vcmp was released .. we are working on fix.
8. And I just recently noticed that melee weapons' hits are almost desynced. I hit a standing still guy with a bat 10 times and his hp reduced just once.
Again thank you for the offer.
I'm still offering my help with readmes/testing/site/whatnot if it helps to fix the things mentioned above sooner.

Boss

Quote from: Falcon on January 15, 2010, 01:16:56 AM
Simple reason pawn and std server both use same client atm .. so if we remove death and join messages a server w/o scripts would have none. I might add in a way to define no messages in pawn script or something along those lines.
Same reason as above std server to pawn server has no rpc set in client.
Why would someone want to use a std version when there's a pawn version avaliable? If the problem is with moving .ini scripts into .pwn, I can make a converter in less than a hour.

Whoopsie! Didn't notice it, my bad. Well, it would be nice to make color and fadeout time customisable in the future.

we could make it toggle for some weapons i spose if there is a great need for it.
Yeah, that would be really great.

Falcon

Well up to now vcmp has only had irc scripting released so all server's currently run std server with irc scripts. So trying to give them time to convert there modes in pawn.
QuoteWhy would someone want to use a std version when there's a pawn version avaliable? If the problem is with moving .ini scripts into .pwn, I can make a converter in less than a hour.
That's ok.. We will in future versions.
Whoopsie! Didn't notice it, my bad. Well, it would be nice to make color and fadeout time customisable in the future.

thijn

Quote from: Boss on January 15, 2010, 01:40:27 AM
The color is already able to customize, by using the ~ codes
(example: ~b~ gives a blue color, ~p~ a pink one etc.)