• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Attack And Defend (script help)

Started by Trip, January 15, 2010, 02:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trip

Yes, i am a sa-mp player (themobclan.org) and i recently started playin vcmp a bit...now in samp the most often Clan Wars are done Attack And defend..or TDM's...now im aware that in vcmp the clanwars are done with a league style....but...being as i havent even seen a a/d script for vcmp...it would be nice to have one...i attempted to convert one..but im nab scripter...so if someone could do so that would be great.

links to some a/d scripts from sa-mp:
less complex script:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=92692.0

very nice..but complex script:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=114628.0

thx in advance for any help  8)

-TriX-

www.life-urban.co.cc

Trip

err simplify for u...

an attack and defend script for VC-MP plox  ;D

thijn

Converting such scripts are not "simple"
It takes alot of work, and I guess its not something someone would really share...

Although I have no idea what Attack & Defend means, You could try looking at Team Fortress by Rulk. Which is included in PsySqlite if im right.

Trip

attack and defend is a 2 team based game mode...where the defenders protect the checkpoint while the attackers attempt to kill the defenders or take the checkpoint(stand in it for 20secs)  Many bases ..good fun  
youtube vid of a clanwar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1M_L0rUYb0&feature=player_embedded

and u got a link for this? team fortress? --(edit...the phsysql...umm Nah not wut im lookin for)

(and im sure converting the scripts aren't easy..or i woulda done i t :P)

Skirmant

Quote from: Trip on January 15, 2010, 02:52:20 PM
less complex script:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=92692.0
Less complex? This thing is HUGE. I really think none be willing to reconvert all this for free. Mostly because of the limited features of VCMP. Although some commands are pretty simple but the other ones are just very complex.
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

Trip

lol skirmant...that script is only 112kb compared to the other 1mb one looool so yes ...less complex -_-

the scripts dont really have to be converted...they are just for example..if someone could just make a basic script for the gamemode that would be great...and as long as i was told the format..i could do the bases myself...i just need a basic script for vcmp thats attack n defend..if i knew wut the hell i was doin...id do it.

Boss

Seriously, what's your problem? Make two spawns with different skins somewhere in a locked interior, add admin command for teleporting players to specific coordinates judjing by their class and off you go. That's 10 minutes of work (not counting collecting coordinates).

Trip

lawl...problem is idk how to do that at all....one of our scripters from meh clan said he might make me somen basic...but...keyword..might.

some of the other things needed besides a locked interior and 2 classes...would be a third class for referees (people just watchingin/filming a match--or afk)   a gunmenu upon spawning when starting in a round...and a /sync command as there are still desync issues ofc (gets the players current position/health/armour/guns and respawns them at that current position--kind of a cunt command to configuire)  and the the ofc /random command that selects a random base to start, and the ofc marker that indicates where the base is at(the checkpoint)---then..more complex not MUST have commands are /remove /bring...if a player is bugged...removed them from the round and bring them back in...rather then restarting everyone.  and maybe a /spec id  for when u die u can spec ur team who is still fighting.   That's a basic a/d script for ya ^)  putting the cars in for attacker spawns..tideous but i could do myself...and maken the bases...zomg..so tidueous...copy n paste hell..but i could also do that myself..

but i guess i will attempt google and some wiki see if my uneducated ass can make the basic thing u talkin bout.

Boss

Quote from: Trip on January 16, 2010, 04:57:55 PM
some of the other things needed besides a locked interior and 2 classes...would be a third class for referees (people just watchingin/filming a match--or afk)   a gunmenu upon spawning when starting in a round...and a /sync command as there are still desync issues ofc (gets the players current position/health/armour/guns and respawns them at that current position--kind of a cunt command to configuire)  and the the ofc /random command that selects a random base to start---then..more complex not MUST have commands are /remove /bring...if a player is bugged...removed them from the round and bring them back in...rather then restarting everyone.  and maybe a /spec id  for when u die u can spec ur team who is still fighting.   That's a basic a/d script for ya ^)  putting the cars in for attacker spawns..tideous but i could do myself...and maken the bases...zomg..so tidueous...copy n paste hell..but i could also do that myself..
You can add the referi class and x2 classes for each weapon set.
Spectate command is impossible via the current means provided by pawn.
A command for "restarting" a player is rather obvious too - just store his hp and coords, kill him and respawn him at the stored coords with stored hp. Storing player's ammo is impossible atm.

This would not be a basic a/d script anyway. More like intermediate.

Trip

thanks for the info---2 bad i cant script.  but i'll pass it on to our scripter....see if he gonna script it or not....if not would you be willing to make me a base script?

if u've ever played a/d in sa-mp....in vc-mp this shit would be fun as hell lol...

heres our server if u wanna check it out

HostName: [MOB] WaR-ZoNe - www.themobclan.org
Address:  193.238.85.24:3030
Players:  12 / 30
Ping:     125
Mode:     Premium Tactics 6.1
Map:      Lobby

(a friend of mine is already secretly been workin on one......it is quite limited though...vcmp needs an update...no texdraws...no marker...the /sync..would just be pointless as u described it with the kill... no "respawnplayer" function yet...no way to add objects to lock someone in an interior..or spawn them in it for that matter....no cp at all..--defintly limited...but when they get the script done...and hosted i'll post the ip here...and i highly doubt the release the .pwn though as its the only one in existance atm.)