• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

/me has annoying color

Started by Skirmant, January 15, 2010, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skirmant

I think the black color in /me is really annoying. *** Skirmant eats cake
So is there a way to change the color with scripts or config.ini?
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

thijn

I guess not by Scripts or Config, Its build in I guess

Jc18

Dexter

Quote from: Jc18 on January 15, 2010, 11:42:34 PM
it is a bug ;z

Lol bug. But I  think it is not changeable either.

AdTec_224

I have to agree the black is really annoying you cant read it at all its either a bug or a badly thought out idea either way it should be changed back imo.

Falcon

It works fine for me .. can somebody post a pic ??

AdTec_224

Note: im not using the latest client (17/01/10) dunno if its been fixed in that release.

Jc18

Quote from: AdTec_224 on January 17, 2010, 09:44:42 PM

Note: im not using the latest client (17/01/10) dunno if its been fixed in that release.

the bug is still there xp

maxorator

/me color bug FIXED.

Fix will be included in the next patch.

Force

I hope your changing the net code so that people must update to the new patch. Having 1000's of R2 patches around that can be used with each other is so stupid.

Boss

Quote from: Force on January 18, 2010, 09:25:25 PM
I hope your changing the net code so that people must update to the new patch. Having 1000's of R2 patches around that can be used with each other is so stupid.
Agreed.

AdTec_224

I have to agree with Force on this leaving buggy clients about is just stupid it should be made so you have to use the latest client less confusing that way and you should really get rid of "/c" and just use "/" and maybe remove all hardcoded commands (except /q) its annoying as hell when someone does /kill to evade death i mean its easy enough to write the hardcoded cmds scriptwise anyway.

Javi

I'm agreeing with Force aswell.

maxorator

Yes, we're going to do that.

Quote from: AdTec_224 on January 18, 2010, 10:43:23 PM
I have to agree with Force on this leaving buggy clients about is just stupid it should be made so you have to use the latest client less confusing that way and you should really get rid of "/c" and just use "/" and maybe remove all hardcoded commands (except /q) its annoying as hell when someone does /kill to evade death i mean its easy enough to write the hardcoded cmds scriptwise anyway.
But no, we're not going to remove hardcoded commands. Maybe we could use another symbol for server commands, like '#' or '%' or something like that, but hardcoded functions stay. Besides, we also support scriptless servers.

AdTec_224

Quote from: maxorator on January 18, 2010, 11:11:14 PMMaybe we could use another symbol for server commands, like '#' or '%' or something like that

That would just be silly in my opinion you should use "/" whats so hard using about it? you would just replace "i don't know that command" with the "/c" rpc could be done in a few mins and would be much better than using "/c".