• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Beta Team

Started by Javi, February 14, 2010, 04:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettans

I never said or thought it was a joke. I was just pointing out that according to the list, there's way too many testers.

Javi

^And most of them are inactive, here I'm bringing back my point of deleting / replacing them if needed, if they really care about their testing status I guess they'd have posted or email'd someone else or something like that.

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 06:13:15 PM
^And most of them are inactive, here I'm bringing back my point of deleting / replacing them if needed

Quote from: Boss on February 14, 2010, 06:03:07 PM
Inactive people do not visit forums/IRC, meaning they provide no trouble. Plus, developers trust them enough not to revoke their tester/moderator statuses. And active testers are currently enough to perform testing tasks.

Javi

Stop posting here what a developer would say, you are not a developer, just so you know. Why don't you just post your true opinion in here?

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 06:17:46 PM
Stop posting here what a developer would say, you are not a developer, just so you know.
And you are not a beta team manager. Yet you post about making changes to the beta team like if you know what is better for devs.

Why don't you just post your true opinion in here?
I have already posted it at least three times. Got tired of it really, maybe gonna permanently switch to devs' one. :o

Ettans

I'm sure the developers are perfectly able to speak for themselves. I doubt they need a second mouth.

Javi

Quote from: Ettans on February 14, 2010, 06:36:43 PM
I'm sure the developers are perfectly able to speak for themselves. I doubt they need a second mouth.

Quote from: Boss on February 14, 2010, 06:19:39 PM
Stop posting here what a developer would say, you are not a developer, just so you know.
And you are not a beta team manager. Yet you post about making changes to the beta team like if you know what is better for devs.
I'm not a beta team manager, and I'm not posting like one of them would, I just let people know what I think.

Why don't you just post your true opinion in here?
I have already posted it at least three times. Got tired of it really, maybe gonna permanently switch to devs' one. :o
You already have  :)

Boss

Quote from: Ettans on February 14, 2010, 06:36:43 PM
If they are, why haven't they posted already, huh?
I can tell you why - because they are busy with more important things, including VC-MP development and, of course, their real lives. So would you like to bother them to hear exactly the same response?

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 07:12:40 PM
I'm not a beta team manager, and I'm not posting like one of them would, I just let people know what I think.
Yeah, you certainly got a richer project-leading experience than them. They must really listen to you.
Seriously, they got at least two years for cleaning the list. If they didn't - they must have their reasons for it, most likely of which I've listed above.

Diavolo

I think theres no issue here and the discussion is a waste of time. There's no harm in having a large list of testers, even if many of them are inactive. It doesn't stop them from adding new testers when they need them. All a tester does is have access to files that the public doesn't(ie; servers, flt's, dll's etc...). I don't see why the devs would want to go booting people off the testing team just because some of them have outside lives and can't hang around IRC all the time. Some of those people could come back and become helpful again.

maxorator

We won't remove beta tester status from inactive people. But I think it's a good idea though to recruit new testers so the active tester count wouldn't be too low.

Javi

Oh well, I'm glad my suggestion has been welcome :>

Squida

can you two stop argueing and have make up sex already

Falcon

The more testers the better imo, given the fact all 3 devs are from different time zones and find it hard sometimes to have any testers active when required makes abit of sense to have more wouldn't you agree.

Plus more testing means better mod release because the testers find the bugs/faults before the release ....

Boss

Quote from: Falcon on February 16, 2010, 04:18:51 AM
more testing means better mod release because the testers find the bugs/faults before the release ....
Agreed.

Sephiroth

Quote from: Squida on February 16, 2010, 02:58:18 AM
can you two stop argueing and have make up sex already

Agreed.