• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Need Help GUS9 script

Started by HyDrA, April 06, 2010, 04:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HyDrA

hi everybody,

i have a big problem:

i was used to connect gus9 (by vrocker...) via mirc to my server...

since r2 it isnt possible anymore.

so i got 2 questions:

1. is there a possibility to do it on r2 (i heard about it)
2. can i use the old config.ini on it?

it would be great to get some help here... looking forward to links or helps.

i am very sad cant use it anymore.

i would be very very happy if this problem get solved.

HyDrA

Boss

Quote from: HyDrA on April 06, 2010, 04:32:20 PM
1. is there a possibility to do it on r2 (i heard about it)
Yes, you still can do it through rcon.

No, you can't.

Force

Quote from: Boss on April 06, 2010, 05:26:41 PM
No, you can't.

Erm yes he can, whats so different about the new config, hmm? I know a lot of servers using 'old' config files when they first started with R2.

Boss

Old config files are easily converted, but Pawn server can't read them (unless they're in "scriptfiles" folder).

Don't forget that there's a "mrc edition" of r2 server too.

HyDrA

hey again,

first thank you very much for your try to help.

the old config.ini is fixed now... i use the old one with files i got from a friend. so r2 clients are able to play like used in "old" times.

you really would help me if you tell me step by step how i can use the gus9. when i connect.... it doesnt connect. i will hurry to send what mirc says to me.

Boss

Why would you want to use mrc scripting, which is more complex, less effective and hugely less functional? There is a release of GUS for Pawn which you can use: http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1666.0

Force

Quote from: Boss on April 06, 2010, 10:00:44 PM
Why would you want to use mrc scripting, which is more complex, less effective and hugely less functional? There is a release of GUS for Pawn which you can use: http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1666.0

Probably because the functionality of PAWN is epic fail, mIRC may not be as good but at least it works properly unlike pawn which can't create pickups whilst the server is running.

thijn

which is more complex,
imo mIRC is a whole lot easier then pawn, which needs everything defined and all those other shitty things.

Quote from: Force on April 06, 2010, 10:36:43 PM

Probably because the functionality of PAWN is epic fail, mIRC may not be as good but at least it works properly unlike pawn which can't create pickups whilst the server is running.
pwnt.

HyDrA

hey again,

so its alot of stuff here. how i can make it possible connecting via mirc?

i watched the pawn gus. i would learn from it. but you know what i miss: miss the easy functions of old config.ini where i can set vehicles - pickups - start weapons - spawnlocations - classes - world boundaries and so on and so on.

when i watch the new r2 client is it like: everything what you wanna configurate have to do in scripting? and no more easy doin like config.ini

yes you will laugh but i am not a scripter and i am happy about gus scripts and the config.ini

Boss

Quote from: Force on April 06, 2010, 10:36:43 PM
Yes, r2's Pawn has some issues since it's a debugt Pawn release, but 0.4 functionality is absolutely superior to the one that rcon allows. You'll see when it's released.

Quote from: thijn on April 06, 2010, 10:58:17 PM
pwnt.
And you know it. :/

imo mIRC is a whole lot easier then pawn, which needs everything defined and all those other shitty things.
"Defined"? You mean writing three letters before you first use a variable? :? Well, that's a much greater problem that unnamed variables, some idiotic aliases and code which looks like it was never intended to make sense.

Quote from: HyDrA on April 06, 2010, 11:10:01 PM
but you know what i miss: miss the easy functions of old config.ini where i can set vehicles - pickups - start weapons - spawnlocations - classes - world boundaries and so on and so on.

when i watch the new r2 client is it like: everything what you wanna configurate have to do in scripting? and no more easy doin like config.ini
Yes, the old config file is certainly easier for creating "up and go" scripts where you need nothing but spawns and vehicles. BUT, when you actually need to script something, you will find out that Pawn is way more universal.

Anyway, browse through the wiki and see some script examples to see how scripting in Pawn is done. You will see that setting up a simple script is easy.

thijn

Quote from: Boss on April 06, 2010, 11:19:45 PM
"Defined"? You mean writing three letters before you first use a variable? :? Well, that's a much greater problem that unnamed variables, some idiotic aliases and code which looks like it was never intended to make sense.
I think the difference between floats, strings with these [256] things behind it, and all of the other shitty things in pawn makes nabs confused.
I actually never saw any good things at pawn (and i dont mean scripts, i mean the language)

Anyways, I think he got his GUS. Topic Closed?

Boss

Quote from: thijn on April 07, 2010, 01:12:13 PM
I think the difference between floats, strings with these [256] things behind it, and all of the other shitty things in pawn makes nabs confused.
It won't confuse anyone who has ever seen a programming language before in his life. Almost every language requires variable type definition. The only difference between, say, C# and Pawn is that in Pawn strings behave as arrays and must have an initialization size. And I've already admitted few times that strings are the weakest part of Pawn, but it will be greatly compensated in 0.4.

I actually never saw any good things at pawn (and i dont mean scripts, i mean the language)
Pawn is nicely structured and visually understandable. The only thing I really miss is code collapsing in Pawno. :x

Anyways, I think he got his GUS. Topic Closed?
Why, let's have a Pawn vs mrc holywar. They're fun!

Btw, I always wondered, why people call .mrc scripts "mIRC"? Other IRC clients are unable to execute them?

Knucis

Oh come on! Everyone knows that LUA Owns ass!

Loooool

This is starting to be a freakin' discussing topic about which Language is teh best. Both are, stfu, gtfo.

Boss

Quote from: Knucis on April 07, 2010, 04:21:07 PM
Rrright. You work weeks/months on a super complex and cool script and then anyone who joins your server downloads its source code. That's so pro.

thijn

Quote from: Boss on April 07, 2010, 04:24:13 PM
Quote from: Knucis on April 07, 2010, 04:21:07 PM
Rrright. You work weeks/months on a super complex and cool script and then anyone who joins your server downloads its source code. That's so pro.
eeh no.

Quote from: Boss on April 07, 2010, 01:19:41 PM
It won't confuse anyone who has ever seen a programming language before in his life. Almost every language requires variable type definition. The only difference between, say, C# and Pawn is that in Pawn strings behave as arrays and must have an initialization size. And I've already admitted few times that strings are the weakest part of Pawn, but it will be greatly compensated in 0.4.
I think you didn't noticed the word "nab". As i don't think a nab had ever seen a programming language in his life.

Quote from: Boss on April 07, 2010, 01:19:41 PM
Btw, I always wondered, why people call .mrc scripts "mIRC"? Other IRC clients are unable to execute them?
Yup, No other clients are able to execute them. That's because the mrc language is made for mIRC.