• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

cant connect to favourite server

Started by danigold1, May 04, 2010, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danigold1

Quote from: Force on May 07, 2010, 04:37:03 PM
It will stop when the damn vcmp devs get off their arses and actually decide that they aren't going to be lazy, and that they are going to actually try and fix the issues with Rak-Net. Why the hell do you blank Rak-Net out!?
so it wont be so soon, right?   :'(

Jc18

i have the same problem... i cant connect to many servers either D:
* Jc18 slaps vcmp dev team!

thijn

Sephiroth

Quote from: Force on May 07, 2010, 04:37:03 PM
It will stop when the damn vcmp devs get off their arses and actually decide that they aren't going to be lazy, and that they are going to actually try and fix the issues with Rak-Net. Why the hell do you blank Rak-Net out!?

holy rage

danigold1

well, its been like 4 months since i posted it, and no change at all, still got the same problem, i tried reinstalling everything a thousan of times, didnt work.
and its ONLY on argonath rpg, no other server, and its like that only on vcmp, cause in the samp server or mtavc server i can connect fine.
anyone has any ideas?
maybe i have something on my computer that blocks the connection to it?

Relax

Check access to ports. Also check the access to internet resources in your firewall.

danigold1

Quote from: Relax on August 05, 2010, 03:44:56 PM
Check access to ports. Also check the access to internet resources in your firewall.
ohh... whaaat?  :-\
well, i did try with my firewall off, still the same.

StriKe

Does the ip resolve in your fav ? or it doesn't show up in master server list ?

danigold1

Quote from: StriKe on August 05, 2010, 05:08:47 PM
Does the ip resolve in your fav ? or it doesn't show up in master server list ?
well, its in my favourites, but i cant ever connect, it just writes "connecting to..." forever.
and 90% of the time, it doesnt even apear at the server list, and it apears in favourites as offline.

Javi

Err I have the same problem, I can see my server in the masterlist and on favourites, but I can't join even if I'm trying to join from-to my own IP. Only thing I can say is you to connect from "localhost"/"127.0.0.1"  :(

danigold1

Quote from: Javi on August 08, 2010, 01:46:54 PM
Err I have the same problem, I can see my server in the masterlist and on favourites, but I can't join even if I'm trying to join from-to my own IP. Only thing I can say is you to connect from "localhost"/"127.0.0.1"  :(
what do you mean? how do i do that?

Javi

Just a question, are you trying to join from favourites or from the master list?

OLvidO

Maybe you're trying to connect to a non-existent server

danigold1

Quote from: Javi on August 08, 2010, 04:19:31 PM
Just a question, are you trying to join from favourites or from the master list?
well, mostly from the favourite, but when i see it on the master list, and try to connect, its the same.

Quote from: OLvidO on August 08, 2010, 05:44:26 PM
Maybe you're trying to connect to a non-existent server
no, i'm 100%sure it exists.

[AoD]NC

Quote from: danigold1 on August 08, 2010, 01:51:17 PM
Quote from: Javi on August 08, 2010, 01:46:54 PM
what do you mean? how do i do that?

He said that you should try to run server.exe on your PC, go to favs, add 127.0.0.1, OK and then you try to connect.