• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Is Vice City MP still alive?

Started by Michael, July 12, 2010, 05:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hello there,
I am Michael, I've been playing San Andreas Multiplayer for over 2 years and got tired of it. GTA-IV MP is still in development progress and it might fail so I am not thinking of joining it yet. I always was interested to test VC-MP as Vice City is one of the coolest games created by Rockstar, I like it even more than GTA-IV. I tried to download the multiplayer client but I receive some error message, is it closed? Thanks indeed for answer.

Jancis71

Force

VC-MP is still running yes, low player count though, sometimes peaking over 100. Think the things that put people off are the huge flaws in the 'official' scripting languages compared to the 'unofficial' scripting languages.

Klaus_Meine

Quote from: Force on July 12, 2010, 05:26:36 PM
Think the things that put people off are the huge flaws in the 'official' scripting languages compared to the 'unofficial' scripting languages.
I really doubt that has anything to do with low player count.

ricardo

Think the things that put people off are the huge flaws in the 'official' scripting languages compared to the 'unofficial' scripting languages.

new players dont think of scripting capabilities at all, and they especially dont sit there comparing scripting languages of official and unofficial versions of vice city mp.

saw a chance to plug the unofficial server? you drank it all up and squeezed the can with one hand...

JayL

Oh please.

Force

I never had any intention of 'plugging' the unofficial server (since there is no point, everyone here knows it won't be supported and I don't give two shits about which server people decide to use). I was merely trying to get across the fact that due to the scripting limitations of VC-MP we are unable to create some fun and exciting game modes. Therefore they all end up being deathmatch servers, which not everyone wants to play. In my opinion the wider the variety of gamemodes that are out there increases the chance of having more players since it gives them more options than just a deathmatch server.

JayL

Then your definition of fun is wrong.

thijn

Quote from: JayL on July 12, 2010, 08:21:07 PM
Fun in the way of boring I guess, If you play in a DM server for around 4 years you get bored easily and really want to try something else. But if there isn't "something else" due to the scripting capabilities, you have 2 options. Play DM again, and do not have so many fun, or leave VC:MP and search for some other game.

[AoD]NC

...or start scm* scripting like me! :p And have access to all functions possible in VC, VCMP uses probably hmm how many of them? 5%?

scm = main.scm, mission codding for single player etc.

Squida

SO IN SHORT MICHAEL

YES vcmp is still alive lol

Klaus_Meine

Quote from: thijn on July 12, 2010, 10:19:35 PM
you have 3 options. Play DM again, and do not have so many fun, play Argonath RPG or leave VC:MP and search for some other game.
Fixed ;D

Charleyutton

Quote from: Squida on July 13, 2010, 02:07:23 AM
SO IN SHORT MICHAEL

YES vcmp is still alive lol

Yeah, IMO it's more alive than it has been for over 2 years.
Charleyutton, VU clan leader, VCDC co-creator, SvM Server Owner, Squirrel Scripter. http://vu.vrocker-hosting.co.uk http://svm.vrocker-hosting.co.uk XE Scripter

JayL

Quote from: thijn on July 12, 2010, 10:19:35 PM
Quote from: JayL on July 12, 2010, 08:21:07 PM
Fun in the way of boring I guess, If you play in a DM server for around 4 years you get bored easily and really want to try something else. But if there isn't "something else" due to the scripting capabilities, you have 2 options. Play DM again, and do not have so many fun, or leave VC:MP and search for some other game.

You're in a DM server to show your shooting skills off and kill people. Simple as that. Not spend your time on a hundred new features.

Pussycat_Dolls

VC:MP is not closed, it's just kinda empty lately I guess people are tired of death matching.
Assassins Secret Society o_O