• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

gta-vc.exe crash when I run it with VCMP

Started by Rami, December 25, 2010, 04:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SugarD

Quote from: Aaron on January 27, 2011, 02:57:03 PM
C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ , delete the file "gta_vc.set"

If that doesn't work your fack'd :)
Then I'm "fack'd". I already did that. Like I said, it's a Vista/7 compatibility issue with the executable itself.

SugarD

Quote from: SugarD on January 29, 2011, 01:50:43 AM
Quote from: Aaron on January 27, 2011, 02:57:03 PM
C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ , delete the file "gta_vc.set"

If that doesn't work your fack'd :)
Then I'm "fack'd". I already did that. Like I said, it's a Vista/7 compatibility issue with the executable itself.
*Bump!*

Towncivilian just found a solution! Copy your .set file from "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\" to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\" while you have the "Run As Administrator" and "Windows 98/ME" compatibility settings set on the vc-mp.exe!

Proof:

SugarD

Developers! Please note that this fix does work, and needs to be implemented correctly for the sake of Windows 7 users. This bug is old, and was even fixed in a previous version of SA:MP, so given that they use the same codebase, this shouldn't be too bad of a bug to fix.

Zegro

pretty sure it's been fixed in the beta.

SugarD

Quote from: Zegro on April 13, 2011, 04:56:48 PM
It was mentioned that the original error with needing to run it under Win98/ME compatibility was, but either way this still needs the data location fixed, emulating or not.

maxorator

Quote from: SugarD on April 16, 2011, 06:36:22 AM
Quote from: Zegro on April 13, 2011, 04:56:48 PM
It was mentioned that the original error with needing to run it under Win98/ME compatibility was, but either way this still needs the data location fixed, emulating or not.
If relocation is only needed for multiplayer, then it's not a fix, but a very hackish workaround. The real question is what is stopping Vice City from reading from the proper user directory when playing in multiplayer.