• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

gta-vc.exe crash when I run it with VCMP

Started by Rami, December 25, 2010, 05:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rami

Hey,

After a long break of stopping playing VCMP, I'm back, but now I'm facing a problem, that gta-vc.exe crash when I run it with VCMP (If I played as a single player, the crash doesn't happen it just happens when I try to join a server through VCMP browser).

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
So, the problem maybe is from the browser? There's any fixed browser or something?

[AoD]NC

Nah nothing to do with browser.

You get this error every time when you are trying to connect to a server? So how does it look like, you click on a server and what then? Appears the VC loading screen or instant crash? Or maybe the loading bar is going to ~ 3/4 the way and then crash?

Rami

[AoD]NC

Oh strange, haven't ever seen a crash just after pressing connect. Hmm, maybe VCMP want to load something, which can be not accessed?

You said, that you played VCMP earlier. Which version was it? And do you used the same PC for that?

Rami

Nah, I am using a new PC, and It was the same ver. (At the old PC I was using Win XP x32)

[AoD]NC

Have you already trying to reinstall VC and VCMP? Do you put any mods into VC folder like dll files? Are you using the 1.0 exe? What about installing VC on another drive? Try to run an older VCMP or another MP for VC to check, maybe they won't run too.

This are probably the only things that could help you, I have no other ideas :/. Don;t think that this is an OS fault.

YaceQ

Tools -> Settings -> Vice City Installation Location. Try to set your VC dir again.

Rami

Quote from: [AoD]NC on December 26, 2010, 11:18:13 PM
Have you already trying to reinstall VC and VCMP?

Actually I did that already.

Are you using the 1.0 exe?
What do you mean?

What about installing VC on another drive?
Hmm, I'll try that.

Try to run an older VCMP or another MP for VC to check, maybe they won't run too.
I don't have any older ver.

[AoD]NC

Here is an old version (R1) http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f1915-vc-mp-0-3z

* [AoD]NC wonders why such a site has still not updated the VCMP version

Here is the 1.0 exe

SugarD

Sorry to bump this, but I'm getting it as well, although my secondary address in the error is different and I don't even see the VC loading screen. This error is an old Vista/7 SA:MP-related error that is now affecting VC:MP because it is not fully compatible with Windows Vista/7. A simple update similar to the one SA:MP implemented is needed to solve this. Temporary workarounds only work for some users at this point.

Aaron

SugarD

Aaron

That has NOTHING to do with the issue...
This happened to me too, and it's how I fixed it.

Do you have any other mods installed? MTAVC?

SugarD

At the time MTA:VC was not installed in the same directory, and no, they don't conflict at all because MTA:VC doesn't touch VC's original files at all.
As for mods, none. I can already confirm it's the same issue SA:MP had a few versions back. They share the same, original codebase, so it's the same exact bug rearing it's ugly head again. The only true fix is an update to VC:MP itself.

Aaron

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ , delete the file "gta_vc.set"

If that doesn't work your fack'd :)