• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

The Future Of VC:MP

Started by SugarD, April 07, 2011, 05:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SugarD

Quote from: StriKe on April 10, 2011, 01:37:02 PM
SMF 1.1.11 is just 1.3 years old and yes it needs a update..
As you said frontpage has been updated quite well and i will make sure IRC infos are added to it.
When 0.4 is released we will be have a updated forum(1.1.13) and topics.

We will be having a wiki up and running shortly..

I wouldn't wait for the forum update. There have been several high-risk security issues presented between this and the latest version. I would also recommend using SMF2. It may only be in RC-stage, but I've tested it and it's fairly stable. More themes and mods support it than SMF1 as well.

Skirmant

Quote from: SugarD on April 11, 2011, 01:54:03 AM
Quote from: StriKe on April 10, 2011, 01:37:02 PM
SMF 1.1.11 is just 1.3 years old and yes it needs a update..
As you said frontpage has been updated quite well and i will make sure IRC infos are added to it.
When 0.4 is released we will be have a updated forum(1.1.13) and topics.

We will be having a wiki up and running shortly..

I wouldn't wait for the forum update. There have been several high-risk security issues presented between this and the latest version. I would also recommend using SMF2. It may only be in RC-stage, but I've tested it and it's fairly stable. More themes and mods support it than SMF1 as well.

This forum hasn't ever been hacked, as far as I know. The main reason is because, there's no reason for anyone to hack it. YET...
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

OutlawZ

I remember one guy tried out in past. I don't know the name...

titereburn

I once played VC:MP in 2010, and I loved the deathmatches, I am coming back this summer, I am going to play VC:MP the whole summer and I'll stay for a long time, so here you got a new player that recently joins the VC:MP community, and I am currently caring about this but there is nothing we can do, I want VC:MP to be still alive in July.

Venkat

Quote from: titereburn on April 26, 2011, 04:05:54 AM
I once played VC:MP in 2010, and I loved the deathmatches, I am coming back this summer, I am going to play VC:MP the whole summer and I'll stay for a long time, so here you got a new player that recently joins the VC:MP community, and I am currently caring about this but there is nothing we can do, I want VC:MP to be still alive in July.

I don't see VCMP dying in the next three months and when 0.4 comes out, it'll only get stronger and stronger.