• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Discussion of features and bugfixes of 0.4

Started by maxorator, April 09, 2011, 10:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldo

My questions
Will the current functions for Pawn be fixed
Will there be more functions for pawn (SetTimerEx, DCMD support etc)
Will there be plugins for pawn (MySQL, sscanf etc)
Will there be actual rcon commands like in samp

That's all my questions for now
Paruni VC:MP Leader
Join Today: 178.63.52.144:5193
The Only Pawn Server With Clan Protection

Skirmant

Here's my modest little list, of things I think most of us would like to see / be fixed.

---BUGS---

Player crashes and experiences weird bugs when his health is being setted while he is in a car.
Player sometime crashes when uses all of the ammo in a setted gun.
Player behaves weirdly when using classic controls. For example: Shooting north, bullets hit player that is standing east.
Players that aim with a sniper cannot be harmed from far range with most weapons like M60.
Players that aim with a sniper get zoomed out when someone joins the server.
Player that aim with a sniper can sometimes get a random shaking effect that can repeat it self multiple times in a row.
When spawning to a corpse of a dead car, it goes on fire again.

[EDIT]

If a vehicle is seted to re spawn and a player is teleported to it before it does, the vehicle becomes immortal.
If a vehicle is teleported & burned between a wall and a player is teleported to it after it re spawns the vehicle becomes immortal.
The clothes pickup causes powerful lag for the player near it and eventually crash.
Setting player skins multiple times to multiple players can sometimes cause weird anomalies. Player can't die, can't enter cars, can't see him self shooting and sometimes disappears at all from the sight of all other players.
Setting player skins to invalid ids crashes all the players inside the server.
When calling multiple animations one after another they begin mix up. Selling anim starts switching into turning around, ect.
When having two colored types of announcements on the same screen the center announcement turns into pink.
Vehicles cannot be locked completely anymore so even the passenger couldn't exit. Yes I'm talking about status 4.
Setting player team to an id that doesn't exist causes complete chaos in the chat box. Messages repeat them self in many different colors. 
Voodoo crashes! (as always).
At some point the server doesn't allow you add more different types of vehicles.
Vehicles cannot be locked if they haven't been ever entered.

That pretty much exceeds all of my knowledge about the current version's bugs. Some of them are pretty small and don't really mean much, but at least I pointed them out. Some of they may have been already fixed in the beta version, but at least I checked :P

---IMPROVEMENTS---

SetPlayerSkin Should be synched to server instead of online players.
SetPlayerTeam Should be synched to server, visible to everyone.
SetPlayerHealth & SetPlayerArmour should go higher than 100 (immortality included).
SetVehicleHealth should go higher than 100 (immortality included).
Players shouldn't be able to pass the enter car detection with some bizarre "keep holding enter key" mambo jumbo.

---SUGGESTIONS---

An optional ammu nation.  
An option to change vehicle colors.
An option to spawn and remove markers visible to a specific person.
An option to remove markers visible to everyone and synched to the server.
An option to  spawn and remove "auroras" that are synched to the server.
An option to detect when someone touches an aurora.
An option to spawn a "soundless" pickups. This has been done to the save pickup in R2. So why not make an option for it?  
An option to SetAlarm that would work when none is in a vehicle and could maybe only be heard to local players.
A function that would inform the clients to start a classic Vice City countdown. Which I believe would be much more precise than doing it with a script.
Weapon ammo detection.
Far more animations.  

---CRAZIER STUFF---

An option to enable/disable ammu nation.  
An option to spawn objects that are synched to the server.
An option to disable players from going to the spawn screen when dieing and instead teleporting to a certain cord.
An option to enable walk mode which is basically a walking animation called instead of running.
An option to generate all kinds of explosions and flames.
An option to spawn interactive props, like movable boxes and exploding barrels.  
An option to set the auroras wideness.
An option to text draw in the game using Vice City font.

I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

OutlawZ

lol, all those bugs are already fixed, check the current status thread by maxo

aXXo

Current BUG
OnPlayerEnterVehicle does not get called when entering boats.

Skirmant

Quote from: OutlawZ on April 12, 2011, 12:21:56 PM
lol, all those bugs are already fixed, check the current status thread by maxo

I'm pretty sure that some of them haven't been seriously looked into yet.
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

maxorator

Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayer crashes and experiences weird bugs when his health is being setted while he is in a car.
Haven't been able to reproduce in beta.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayer sometime crashes when uses all of the ammo in a setted gun.
Did occur in earlier version, but I am not completely sure if this is fixed.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayer behaves weirdly when using classic controls. For example: Shooting north, bullets hit player that is standing east.
Will disable classic controls.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayers that aim with a sniper cannot be harmed from far range with most weapons like M60.
Mostly fixed. Remote player aim might not be accurate when the local player zooms though. Will work on that.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayers that aim with a sniper get zoomed out when someone joins the server.
Fixed. Check the thread.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayer that aim with a sniper can sometimes get a random shaking effect that can repeat it self multiple times in a row.
First time I hear this and I've never seen it.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMWhen spawning to a corpse of a dead car, it goes on fire again.
Haven't checked this out. Not really critical though I guess.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMIf a vehicle is seted to re spawn and a player is teleported to it before it does, the vehicle becomes immortal.
You mean when it respawns because it blew up? Haven't noticed this.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMIf a vehicle is teleported & burned between a wall and a player is teleported to it after it re spawns the vehicle becomes immortal.
Between a wall? I don't understand what you mean because the location really isn't relevant.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMThe clothes pickup causes powerful lag for the player near it and eventually crash.
Haven't tried this, but I am planning to change the pickup system so that things like this wouldn't even be possible.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetting player skins multiple times to multiple players can sometimes cause weird anomalies. Player can't die, can't enter cars, can't see him self shooting and sometimes disappears at all from the sight of all other players.
Haven't noticed any bugs with skins at all in the current beta.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetting player skins to invalid ids crashes all the players inside the server.
Fixed.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMWhen calling multiple animations one after another they begin mix up. Selling anim starts switching into turning around, ect.
That seems to be the default behaviour of the animation system. I am not really sure this needs changing.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMWhen having two colored types of announcements on the same screen the center announcement turns into pink.
Any bugs related to the old chatbox are irrelevant.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMVehicles cannot be locked completely anymore so even the passenger couldn't exit. Yes I'm talking about status 4.
I have never really understood why anyone would want to lock someone INSIDE a vehicle.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetting player team to an id that doesn't exist causes complete chaos in the chat box. Messages repeat them self in many different colors.
Haven't tested this in new chatbox.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMVoodoo crashes! (as always).
Voodoo hydraulics are disabled now.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAt some point the server doesn't allow you add more different types of vehicles.
It wasn't the server that stopped it, it was the game engine. This limit has been raised now.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMVehicles cannot be locked if they haven't been ever entered.
Locking system is now interactive (OnPlayerRequestEnter).
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetPlayerSkin Should be synched to server instead of online players.
Done already.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetPlayerTeam Should be synched to server, visible to everyone.
Done already.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetPlayerHealth & SetPlayerArmour should go higher than 100 (immortality included).
Not implemented (yet). For immortality I might make different functions (set immunities).
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMSetVehicleHealth should go higher than 100 (immortality included).
Same as previous.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMPlayers shouldn't be able to pass the enter car detection with some bizarre "keep holding enter key" mambo jumbo.
Vehicle entry is now completely controlled by the server and there shouldn't be any way to bypass it.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn optional ammu nation.
Can be done with already available scripting functions.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to change vehicle colors.
Will do.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to spawn and remove markers visible to a specific person.
Maybe will implement, not sure yet.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to remove markers visible to everyone and synched to the server.
Already possible, although I'm not sure if synced properly.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to  spawn and remove "auroras" that are synched to the server.
An option to detect when someone touches an aurora.
Maybe. Not sure yet. Depends on how many other things I have to do.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to spawn a "soundless" pickups. This has been done to the save pickup in R2. So why not make an option for it?
No sound when picking up? Either way, with the new pickup system the server would have to manually play the sounds anyway.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to SetAlarm that would work when none is in a vehicle and could maybe only be heard to local players.
I don't understand what you mean by "could only be heard to local players".
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMA function that would inform the clients to start a classic Vice City countdown. Which I believe would be much more precise than doing it with a script.
Not sure if this will be implemented.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMWeapon ammo detection.
Will be done.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMFar more animations.
If I don't have anything better to do.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to enable/disable ammu nation.
Scripts are for that. There will be no hardcoded Ammu-Nation.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to spawn objects that are synched to the server.
Already implemented.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to disable players from going to the spawn screen when dieing and instead teleporting to a certain cord.
Can be implemented by scripts by forcing spawn immediately.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to enable walk mode which is basically a walking animation called instead of running.
You mean make the player "tired"?
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to generate all kinds of explosions and flames.
Explosions done, flames not.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to spawn interactive props, like movable boxes and exploding barrels.
Would need sync also, probably not going to implement (yet).
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to set the auroras wideness.
If they will be added, might do that too.
Quote from: Skirmant on April 12, 2011, 09:30:12 AMAn option to text draw in the game using Vice City font.
Not sure if I will implement this. Depends on other things.

[AoD]NC

QuotePlayer crashes and experiences weird bugs when his health is being setted while he is in a car.
@max: try to set the hp to lower when in car. I have tried to make a realistic mod, which decease the hp, when car is damaged. It didn't worked properly just because sometimes after setting new hp, my actor was teleported outside the car, but was still controlling it (?).

QuoteWhen spawning to a corpse of a dead car, it goes on fire again.
I think that's because of desync since R2, was not present in R1. See my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOH09Qqfxo

QuoteVehicle entry is now completely controlled by the server and there shouldn't be any way to bypass it.
Agree.
* [AoD]NC cries

QuoteA function that would inform the clients to start a classic Vice City countdown. Which I believe would be much more precise than doing it with a script.
VC doesn't have a countdown, it is a simple script that uses draw text stuff + play sound.

QuoteAn option to enable walk mode which is basically a walking animation called instead of running.
@max: Walk like peds in single player.

Klaus_Meine

Quote from: maxorator on April 12, 2011, 09:05:33 PM
I have never really understood why anyone would want to lock someone INSIDE a vehicle.
In RPG, you might want to lock someone in your car to kidnap them.

SugarD

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 12, 2011, 09:39:47 PM
QuoteAn option to enable walk mode which is basically a walking animation called instead of running.
@max: Walk like peds in single player.
Or make them walk by default while holding the alt key and moving forward, like in SA:MP.

[AoD]NC

Correct me if I am wrong, but in SA it is possible to walk without any modifications (robbery missions?).

NewK

Shouldn't the "bugged" bug be top priority here?
When someone is bugged and can't shoot, the player just floats around...

Skirmant

Than you  for the awesome response Max, I really appreciate it ;D
I'm going to to clear up a few things though.

QuoteI don't understand what you mean by "could only be heard to local players".
As you probably noticed the alarm is heard by everyone in the server. So my suggestion is to do a radius for it. Or at least play it for selected players only so it could be scriptable.
QuoteYou mean when it respawns because it blew up? Haven't noticed this.
No. If you use SetVehicleToRespawn to respawn a vehicle and you teleport in it before it respawns the vehicle becomes immortal. It also respawns immediately if you exit it.
QuoteBetween a wall? I don't understand what you mean because the location really isn't relevant.
Excuse me for my lack of clearness. What I actually meant was that if a vehicle is burned and teleported to a location where it keeps scratching it self and gets a player immediately teleported in it after it spawns, it becomes immortal. I'm not really sure if it still works in R2 tho. But it sure worked in R1.
QuoteFirst time I hear this and I've never seen it.
You should do a bit of snipping sometime in a really crowded server like XE. You will eventually get this issue.
QuoteAny bugs related to the old chatbox are irrelevant.
I was actually talking about announcements. You know, big letter messages that can be scripted to appear almost anywhere in your screen.
QuoteHaven't noticed any bugs with skins at all in the current beta.
It seems that I am the only one that experienced this, probably because my server is the only one that uses the set skin function so much. Hopefully it's fixed :)

I have a feeling that the 0.4 version is going to be sweet!

[AoD]NC

Ok I know probably what causes the

QuotePlayer that aim with a sniper can sometimes get a random shaking effect that can repeat it self multiple times in a row.

Sometimes the sniper got bugged and it plays the punch anim! That's why the camera shakes.

OutlawZ

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 13, 2011, 03:49:45 PM
Ok I know probably what causes the

QuotePlayer that aim with a sniper can sometimes get a random shaking effect that can repeat it self multiple times in a row.

Sometimes the sniper got bugged and it plays the punch anim! That's why the camera shakes.
lol yeah, i got that when i changed to aim mode right after jumping from a building in downtown.

Devian

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 12, 2011, 10:50:04 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but in SA it is possible to walk without any modifications (robbery missions?).
yeh,hold ALT and walk.
like robbery missions just crouch hold ALT and walk.

StuntBike feature will keep in 0.4?