• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Discussion of features and bugfixes of 0.4

Started by maxorator, April 09, 2011, 10:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG[H]

Should add Public OnPlayerMove(playerid, distance); and OnPlayerKeyStateChange(playerid , oldkey , newkey);
OnPlayerShoot(playerid , target ,distance);
My Guru FORUM MUST VISITmegavcmp.freeforums.org

BIG[H] = BIG HaLL

[AoD]NC

@Devian: why should StuntBike got deleted? No reason.

Quoteyeh,hold ALT and walk.
like robbery missions just crouch hold ALT and walk.

QuoteOr make them walk by default while holding the alt key and moving forward, like in SA:MP.

Ok so we can not compare how this is in SAMP, because it is already coded in SA. I don't know if it is possible to walk, jog and sprint with one actor in VC, I think not. However how can be walking useful? Only for RP servers. I had this walk mod for singe player, but never used it in fact, because I always hold the sprint key :P. Same is in VCMP, most players are using sprint key for moving.

Remember, that the topic is "Discussion of features and bugfixes of 0.4", so we should talk here about things already added to 0.4.

SugarD

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 13, 2011, 07:33:24 PM
@Devian: why should StuntBike got deleted? No reason.

Quoteyeh,hold ALT and walk.
like robbery missions just crouch hold ALT and walk.

QuoteOr make them walk by default while holding the alt key and moving forward, like in SA:MP.

Ok so we can not compare how this is in SAMP, because it is already coded in SA. I don't know if it is possible to walk, jog and sprint with one actor in VC, I think not. However how can be walking useful? Only for RP servers. I had this walk mod for singe player, but never used it in fact, because I always hold the sprint key :P. Same is in VCMP, most players are using sprint key for moving.
So you're saying RP servers should be left out just because DM is the dominant server type? That hardly seems fair.

As for the walking animation, of course it's hardcoded in SA:MP...we are requesting the same thing in VC:MP. I hardly see an argument here. If you meant it's hardcoded in SA, it's possible in VC too. I had a player do it with a joystick in MTA:VC, and that is severely limited in terms of everything compared to VC:MP. It's literally just the character moving at a slower pace that causes that animation. It even looks normal.

Skirmant

All it really takes is to code the alt key to play the ped walking animation in the direction the player is aiming. Of course, it would require some sync between the server and other clients, but it doesn't seem like something extremely difficult to do.
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

Charleyutton

Quote from: SugarD on April 14, 2011, 02:23:48 AM
I had a player do it with a joystick in MTA:VC

Talking of which, joysticks analog controls are desynced in Vice City, you see the player moving but it doesn't play the run animation. (It is as if they player is bugged). They can still shoot though. I don't know the ins and outs as I don't own a joystick, but perhaps this is something that could be fixed?
Charleyutton, VU clan leader, VCDC co-creator, SvM Server Owner, Squirrel Scripter. http://vu.vrocker-hosting.co.uk http://svm.vrocker-hosting.co.uk XE Scripter

SugarD

Quote from: Charleyutton on April 14, 2011, 10:29:01 AM

Talking of which, joysticks analog controls are desynced in Vice City, you see the player moving but it doesn't play the run animation. (It is as if they player is bugged). They can still shoot though. I don't know the ins and outs as I don't own a joystick, but perhaps this is something that could be fixed?
Actually it's only desynced in VC:MP then, because it works fine in MTA:VC, and there's obviously no way to check that in singleplayer being that it's just that...singleplayer. As for the type of desync you're describing, that seems to happen a lot in VC multiplayer clients in early development regardless. It's just a animation sync bug.

Charleyutton

Quote from: SugarD on April 14, 2011, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Charleyutton on April 14, 2011, 10:29:01 AM

Actually it's only desynced in VC:MP then, because it works fine in MTA:VC, and there's obviously no way to check that in singleplayer being that it's just that...singleplayer. As for the type of desync you're describing, that seems to happen a lot in VC multiplayer clients in early development regardless. It's just a animation sync bug.

It's actually slightly different to the bug that you might be thinking of. There is an animation sync bug whereby you can be 'bugged' from when you spawn, meaning people won't see your running anims or shooting anims. The one I'm describing is one in which you can see their shoot anims, but not their run anims. I've seen players messing around with it, they can switch from the two settings on their joystick to appear with what is the general definition of 'bugged', without actually being so, to having all their anims displayed normally.
Charleyutton, VU clan leader, VCDC co-creator, SvM Server Owner, Squirrel Scripter. http://vu.vrocker-hosting.co.uk http://svm.vrocker-hosting.co.uk XE Scripter

[AoD]NC

QuoteSo you're saying RP servers should be left out just because DM is the dominant server type?
@SugarD: I have just said, that the walking animation wouldn't be useful at DM servers (as I said, most players tap sprint key), only at RP servers for me.

QuoteI don't know if it is possible to walk, jog and sprint with one actor in VC, I think not.

It looks for me technically impossible, so you can say what you want :>. There is however a function in VC's engine to "set actor walking style", but this works only on bots created via the game, not for the player. Maybe with joystick you can walk, but just because you move it a little bit. Some of you may know, that a similar trick with keyboard and pushed for a while the arrow key + replay also gives you the opportunity to walk. :o

SugarD

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 14, 2011, 06:51:54 PM
QuoteSo you're saying RP servers should be left out just because DM is the dominant server type?
@SugarD: I have just said, that the walking animation wouldn't be useful at DM servers (as I said, most players tap sprint key), only at RP servers for me.

QuoteI don't know if it is possible to walk, jog and sprint with one actor in VC, I think not.

It looks for me technically impossible, so you can say what you want :>. There is however a function in VC's engine to "set actor walking style", but this works only on bots created via the game, not for the player. Maybe with joystick you can walk, but just because you move it a little bit. Some of you may know, that a similar trick with keyboard and pushed for a while the arrow key + replay also gives you the opportunity to walk. :o
1. DM servers aren't the only kind that exist, though.
2. You don't need to add an animation for it. You just make the player move slower and they literally walk. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I had a friend in MTA:VC use his joystick to cause a skin to move much slower rather than going at running speed, and it forced him to walk. The default walking animation works on it's own. It's the same one as the running one, just slower, and it looks normal! Literally just have the Alt key cause the player to move at a much slower rate and you have walking. No extra work needed.

[AoD]NC

QuoteYou just make the player move slower and they literally walk.
Just :P? VC doesn't have a function to walk slower and as I said, it probably can't handle 3 ways of moving at one time. There is a function to set the walking style, but doesn't work for the players. However maybe max could hack it, but for me, it is not an important thing.

QuoteLike I mentioned in a previous post, I had a friend in MTA:VC use his joystick to cause a skin to move much slower rather than going at running speed, and it forced him to walk.
But we won't play MP's with joysticks, or do we? o/o

rulk

[suggestion]
It would be good to keep track of changes/bug fixes in an organised fashion with severity levels etc, similar to gta iv:mp's bug tracker which i have just come across.

http://bugs.iv-multiplayer.co.uk/

sounds like the ideal job for thijn :-)
bob the builder.

[AoD]NC

Rulk, I have suggested that months ago, we will see if a bug tracker will be set up in the future.

I think it can be also as a new forum board.

Maybe it is a ideal job for thijn, but would be nice if at least bug tracker was under vcmp.com domain ;).

SugarD

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 15, 2011, 02:30:53 PM
QuoteYou just make the player move slower and they literally walk.
Just :P? VC doesn't have a function to walk slower and as I said, it probably can't handle 3 ways of moving at one time. There is a function to set the walking style, but doesn't work for the players. However maybe max could hack it, but for me, it is not an important thing.

QuoteLike I mentioned in a previous post, I had a friend in MTA:VC use his joystick to cause a skin to move much slower rather than going at running speed, and it forced him to walk.
But we won't play MP's with joysticks, or do we? o/o
Just set the player to move slowly when the alt key is pressed. You would just have to emulate the user telling the character to move forward at a much slower rate. I'm sure it's possible because there are cutscenes with the characters walking.

cycu

About the slow walking thingy, it's not hardcoded into sa-mp it's already coded in San Andreas it self.

If you use walking mod while playing vcmp and other players does too they will actually see the animation :)

I think it's an really genius idea to add it, death to DM servers already! xD jk.

Let's be honest it's boring to run like idiot with shotgun/stubby and shoot others all the time, on other hand to make great RP server vcmp will need a lot animations added and re designed SetAnimation function and ClearAnimation func plus some other stuff.

However i wish it will be possible soon.