• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Runs Singleplayer VC when I try to connect...

Started by Harrybob99, April 21, 2011, 09:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrybob99

I'm using a disk copy of vc, I have the disc in, gta-vc.exe detects the disc for files when I run it, so I think i have it all set up. Anyway, when I try and connect to a server, I right click and press connect, it starts up singleplayer vc. Help?
UNECESSARILY LARGE SIGNATURE
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWR

stormeus

Did you install VC:MP in the right folder? It should be in the same folder as Vice City, and there should be a vc-mp.flt file in the mss folder.

Harrybob99

Ehhh, no, in the mss folder there are 10 files, the only .flt in that folder is Reverb3.flt. The other names are Mp3dec.asi, Mssa3d.m3d, Mssa3d2.m3d, Mssds3dh.m3d, etc. I can copy the rest of those other names if that helps. And yes, i'll go look around the forums.
UNECESSARILY LARGE SIGNATURE
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWR

stormeus

Quote from: Harrybob99 on April 23, 2011, 11:31:37 PM
Ehhh, no, in the mss folder there are 10 files, the only .flt in that folder is Reverb3.flt. The other names are Mp3dec.asi, Mssa3d.m3d, Mssa3d2.m3d, Mssds3dh.m3d, etc. I can copy the rest of those other names if that helps. And yes, i'll go look around the forums.

You probably didn't install VC:MP correctly. It should be installed in the same folder as Vice City. Usually that's C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

If it was installed correctly, there would be a vc-mp.flt in that folder.