• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

[Beta] Multimode Server (MMS)

Started by stormeus, April 22, 2011, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yazeen

Quote from: stormeus on April 24, 2011, 08:48:27 PM
Quote from: Skirmant on April 24, 2011, 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: yazeen on April 24, 2011, 02:16:22 PM
Dude This Dosend Swith the gamemode while the game is running!  When Server Crashes or when we turn off the server it swithes to other gamemode! but we must re-enter the game! i Kinnda like it caz noone can crash our server if we put the both gamemode the same when someone crashes it automattically Runs again! Say Bye bye to Pawno server   Crashing Softwares. Good Work!

Don't see how this can stop "crashing software". Server goes online, crasher takes it down again by sending trash data. The only actual way you could stop crashing software is by making "mirror ports" for all servers. For example you set real and fake port in config. And master server links your fake port with the real port. In other words, master server only shows your fake port and is you are able to connect with it when the master server is online.  

It doesn't stop the server from crashing, but it can automatically restart the server if it crashes. For example, if you had only one gamemode called "mode," all you need to put in multimode.cfg is
mode

Run multi-svr, and once the server closes, it'll automatically go to the "next" mode, which is mode.

I also see my thread has been stickied. Thanks, guys. ;D

Thats what im saying if we are not at system and someone crashes server it will reopen.

Venkat

Nice man, credits to your other thread as well ( Pawn tuts ).

BIG[H]

My Guru FORUM MUST VISITmegavcmp.freeforums.org

BIG[H] = BIG HaLL

thijn

Now I saw the source I don't like it anymore, Just starting an other server and let the other one die for a new gamemode is silly..

stormeus

Quote from: thijn on April 26, 2011, 07:21:14 AM
Now I saw the source I don't like it anymore, Just starting an other server and let the other one die for a new gamemode is silly..

Well if you want to reverse-engineer or hook the server, go ahead. This is just my implementation.