• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

F4 key wont work

Started by crazyf, November 18, 2007, 01:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyf

Hey guys, Ive posted this over on the gta forums and I found your site listed there as well. Figure Id post this here maybe someone else will have an idea of some sort.
I tried everything I know of and cant seem to get the f4 key to work. I cant view other players names or health bars in game.
The f4 key works in my browser(s) but not in game. The other f keys work just fine.
I tried setting back ie to the default browser from firefox & before this I tried several clean installs.
Can anyone help?

Smoke2jointS

I saw your post on gtaforums and honestly I don't have a clue as to what the problem could be. Maybe someone else?

bumpity bump!

kenny01

That is really weird. You can't see player names and tags even after you rejoin the game or only if you turn them off?

crazyf

Hey guys, No, I cant see player names or health at all.
The F4 key works in my internet browser so I know my keyboard is working.
But when I join any server in VC:MP the f4 key wont work at all.
Its just dead. The other f keys work fine.
Im running xp sp2 and its an older pc(1.3ghz) but I can play vcmp and samp just fine(with this exception of the f4 key not working in vcmp). Its very frustrating when you cant see the heath bar or
names. I have no clue to who is around me.
My friend has the same problem. I told him about vcmp and he wanted to try it out and has the same thing wrong. f4 wont work at all.
I downloaded an upgraded keyboard driver tried the compatibility methods,tried several fresh installs of the game but it still wont work.
I have quit playing due to this.
This sux's as vcmp is very fun and a change of view from samp. I played samp for a year straight and was looking forward in bringing out my vice city maps to have fun with. You guys did a nice job on this multiplayer too.
I just dont understand why I cant get the f4 key to respond.

bakasan

:(

i've never heard of this before... sorry to see it.  its pretty hard to say, does the f5 menu work?  do you see chat in the top left?  have you tried a different keyboard?

kenny01

I'd say it's his graphic card. What graphic card do you have?

crazyf

I have a AGP XFX Force Card with a Nvidia chipset. It supports DVI,TV,VGA. I think is was made in 2004. I bought it in 2005 or 06.
Device Manager Details it as follows;
Nvidia Ge Force FX5500. Im running the latest Nvidia Driver dated:9/07 Driver Version 6.14.11.6371
Im running the latest Direct X as well (dx9.0c)
Perhaps being vice city was developed in '03 and the direct x version is the newest there maybe a conflict there?
Any advice on settings with direct x?

bakasan, the f5 key works and the chat works as well. I can get the other f keys to work too (i.e. to make the map larger on the screen). The only f key that wont work is the f4 in the game. Otherwise it works on my internet browser). I thought maybe it was mozilla doing it so I changed my browser default back to IE6. But the f4 key works in both browsers. My friend has the same problem as we have near the same system but he is running direct x 9.0b.
I havent tried any other keyboard. I only have one and its brand new.

kenny01

I'd probably try older drivers, at least give it a try they could work. I can't tell because I don't have nvidia card.

crazyf

Thanks Kenny, Ill see if I can find any older versions besides my cd that came with the video card. Ill keep you guys posted if I ever figure it out.

bakasan