• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

VC:MP History

Started by Kesha_F1, May 20, 2008, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kesha_F1

Hello gyes. I would like, that you have written history of creation VC:MP. There can be somewhere i can find additional data on all clients? Whether i can count on the help of developers if i write creation history.

How much i remember, VC:MP began with 0.1a, 0.1b, 0.1c, 0.1d, 0.1f, 0.2a, 0.3a, 0.3b, 0.3x, 0.3z. Correctly? :)

Where it is possible to look dates of release of each version?
"ONLY PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"

bakasan

good idea ._.

let me see if i can help some...

i cant remember exactly, but i think 0.1d was released by the original team (kyeman, spookie, jax, mikechml, cam, and some others) sometime around September 2005.  someone should probably post more accurate info about 0.1a, 0.1b, 0.1c, and 0.1d.

i seem to recall, at some point, the team decided to release the 0.1c source and stop developing VC:MP, then decided to proceed with development and released 0.1d.  around the time SA for the PC was released, kyeman decided to let Falcon lead the new VC:MP dev team.  Falcon recruited me to help him out soon afterward.

0.2a was released on Fri Sep 22, 2006.  it was the first release that the new dev team(Falcon and bakasan) made, after working with the 0.1d source for about 6 months i guess.

0.3 was released on Mon Jan 01, 2007.  the dev team added Jeranamo before that release.

0.3x was released Wed Feb 14, 2007.  it had a bunch of upgrades from 0.3, and provided support for lcmp.

0.3z was released Fri Dec 14, 2007.  it is the latest released version at the moment.  it has more scripting features and some other things not available in 0.3x.

0.4 has been in development since early 2007 and will be having its first public beta sometime soon.  maxorator is now on the dev team as well as Y_Less.

VC:MP Development continues...  The VC:MP developers and betateam are committed to making VC:MP the best it can be.  Hopefully this helps a little.

Smoke2jointS

Quote from: bakasan on May 20, 2008, 11:49:14 PM
VC:MP Development continues...  The VC:MP developers are committed to making VC:MP the best it can be.  Hopefully this helps a little.

You forgot some people... ;D :P

bakasan

Quote from: bakasan on May 20, 2008, 11:49:14 PM
VC:MP Development continues...  The VC:MP developers and betateam are committed to making VC:MP the best it can be.  Hopefully this helps a little.

;D

Kesha_F1

WoW! Thank you bakasan :)

Whether and there is somewhere a list of changes of each version VC:MP?

For example in MTA each release comprised txt a file in which all changes have been specified.

Can be it is necessary to make archive of old versions. For example, as in MTA http://www.mtasa.com/dl-archive.html

VC:MP 0.1a (Date release)
Link - Client
Link - Server

As it seems to me, it needs to be made first of all to admirers online GTA and it is final to fans VC:MP. I remember, when you only were born, has written a small sketch.

Quote21.08.05 (06:58:00) - VC-MP: After yesterday's night in searches at least one trace of human soul on servers, i wandered on them. So wandered till the morning. And HERE i have found today the whole two persons who terribly fought in VC-MP. Has joined and has begun to cry from laughter. If the player started to jump, became similar on a goat suffering a paralysis in the chronic form. BUT it was very amusing... Developers have made under VC-MP anti-chit in rather original way. This immortality from the weapon. I will not open a secret, and that will appear a new wave cheaters and moders, defiling all games. And still the cool bug, is connected likely with subconscious fleecing of developers =D. When at you remains only 1 hp you die, as though by the way. But you can revive in rather freakish image at the contender. A-la not calmed down smothering a phantom will pursue you while the died will not revive itself already with quite official method, respawn. You can beautifully kill, as soon as you will open a door of any transport. Because opening a door, you fall and to you jump up and stick to you a knife into a thigh that the victim has suffered. At last it is possible to kill from a knife of all and all. About yes has forgotten about transport which cannot be undermined if in it nobody sits. And still the unpleasant bug is too with transport is connected. Sit down in the pure new car, and from under a cowl has tumbled down a black smoke.... In my opinion to modest opinion MTA in the fast should leave from a scene, as possibilities at VC-MP 10 times more!!!!

Answer at once i cannot, as the forum works \for me does not work because of stupid problems with DNS. And how to solve this problem I do not know.

P.S. It would be quite good to receive particulars at former developers VC:MP but how with them to communicate?

Best regards, Kesha_F1. :)
"ONLY PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT"

ReVilo

There's almost a year gap between 0.3x and 0.3z :S Is that right?

Mattz

[AoD]NC

Wow found a nice topic after a year :P.

Lets write year 2009: VCMP deeeeeeeeeeeeeeead :(

Nothing new since 2007/08 :/... Looks like previous version were published regularly [only look at bakas post... All 0.3 were given to download in 2007 :P]

Jc18

10 years later

YES VC-MP 0.4 is out yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostface_Killah

i wonder what's stopping them from releasing it. MOTHERFUCKER!!

[AoD]NC

Quote from baka:
Quotei seem to recall, at some point, the team decided to release the 0.1c source and stop developing VC:MP,
Well, if devs are no longer interested now in vcmp, they should release 0.3z r2 [i dont believe at 0.4, its a fake i think :( ] as "developer preview" or realising the source from 0.3z r2, maybe someone will finish it then D:.

Ghostface_Killah

creepers

hmm why don't they give it to another developer, which is that they will fully give 3zr2's contents and the whole VCMP license. so we will all live happilly ever after...
December 18, 2007
January 6, 2008

Daniel95

Quote from: Jc18 on August 26, 2009, 10:33:11 PM
10 years later

YES VC-MP 0.4 is out yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think its will take less than 10 years  :P
<@Foxtrot> halooo
<@Foxtrot> darfeh any cw's?
* Desert_Eagle is now known as darfeh
<@darfeh> idk

Don

Lol sure.

When 0.4 be released, we all will be dead. :P
You'll be forever, a pielover.