• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

I can't start VC-MP version 0.3z

Started by GIG, June 15, 2007, 05:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIG

Hi,
VC-MP version 0.3x is working fine after all, but I cannot start the new beta version 0.3z. If I start the programm and try to connect to a server it just loads the Singleplayerscreen. What am I doing wrong ?
Hope you can help me.
GIG

PS: Do I have to be in the Beta-Team to join the public beta test ?

adamale

Hi,
Hi ;)

QuoteVC-MP version 0.3x is working fine after all, but I cannot start the new beta version 0.3z. If I start the programm and try to connect to a server it just loads the Singleplayerscreen. What am I doing wrong ?
Hope you can help me.
GIG
Well, Have you installed VC-MP in your Vice City folder? If you have, go to Tools -> Settings -> Vice City Instalation Location and set a proper location.

QuotePS: Do I have to be in the Beta-Team to join the public beta test ?
Of course you don't. It is open beta test. In fact, you should invite friends. We need more players ;)

GIG

I am sorry ,but I have installed everything in my Vice City Folder. I can also select the servers in my list. But if I click on connect the programm only launches the singleplayer of GTA Vice City.

The programm says if i select the server browser in the right upper corner:
"UPDATE: plz install vcmp-0.3z_PublicBeta_Installer2.zip now."

But that's what I already have done (confusing ???).

What shall I do ?

PS: I just installed everything over my old 0.3x version, but this shouldn't be the problem or ? (I can also reinstall 0.3x without any problem)

GIG

I am very sure that it has something to do with the vc-mp.flt

YaceQ

GIG

I downloaded and installed this file, but it doesn't work. The programm launches Vice City, but then I can only choose out of the option menu of the singleplayer.

Yes I played (and will still play 0.3x if 0.3z is not working) the 0.3x version. With this version everything worked.

YaceQ

Reinstall GTA VC. 1st uninstall it, and delete GTA VC folder (C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City).

OMGWTFBBQLOLZORZ

That happens if you have a d3d8.dll file in your GTA Vice City folder (for Spooky's Speedometer or something of the like)

Just delete or rename that file and VC:MP should work. This worked for me