• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Money Saving

Started by Tamas, August 04, 2008, 03:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I has a money saving error if somebody quit or crash or etc... and not deposit his money he will lost all i tryed this code but its not work:

Quoteon *:SIGNAL:vcmp.event.part:{
  !writeini vcmp.money.ini MONEY $2 $vcmp.hgetmoney($1)

And how can i do that if i rejoin or somebody than the server read the correct players money from that file?

Tommis

Hey,

When working under the player part signal, remember always that you cannot use ID's. The player has left, if you try running a command to get the players name or information from the ID, it simply will not work because the player is not there anymore.

To get the player name, I would work with the signal to improve it, or sync player names to be saved to a var or smt before the player leaves.

Regards,
Tommis

Youpi!

O.o i think i gave you the way to fix that
But there is one more problem
somepeople when join gets a lot of money and i don't know how to fix that :( or even why the reason it happends

Tamas

Ok, whatever i solved the problem now.
When somebody quit, than the server check his money and write to a txt file, than if he rejoins his money will automatically reloaded from txt.

The money bug is not related to script, its the vc-mp bug, dunno maybe the developer team will fix this or something..