• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

VC:MP GRM - Latest Version 2.5 (New Release!)

Started by Orpheus, August 05, 2008, 05:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Cornelius

Quote from: Orpheus on August 05, 2008, 05:38:13 AM
All comments,criticisms and ideas for version 2 are welcome :D

This is an outstanding program and works well on a windows machine with the .NET framework already installed.

My one comment would be that when using a machine without the .NET framework installed (and i have several that i dont wish it to be installed on for personal preferences) the setup utility proceeds to download and install the necessary components (handy for those that dont have it yet need it, but rather annoying for those that dont wish to have the .NET framework installed)

if you could compile it to just one executable thats not dependant on the .NET framework this would allow the program to be both more practical and universal.

Edit:
Has issues on screen resolutions 800*600 and below, and took along time to install the .NET framwork (10mb broadband)

If you are releasing a program to the general public i suggest you rigorously test it before launch.

To Conclued, This is a very beneficial program for everyone.
Good work

Orpheus

Hey Dr.C, thanks for the comments, well I have a re-release here, Also you can run it as a single executable ;)

For yours and everyone elses use i will also make the re-release have two downloads, one with the full set, and just a single exe, and the config ;)

The config is required for Version two as I have added lots of settings that are explained in the first post,
Hence both files will be required, the main reason the first release was not a single exe was that my knowledge of the visual basic program was not as good as it is now, I do however know  now that CERTAIN items can be removed, but with a loss... in doing so, you lose the ability to "Safely uninstall" the program, and may leave registrys behind, you also lose the ability to check for updates ( V2 does so by the way)

I tested Version two very throughly with the help of [SDT]Force, a perfect application cannot be garranteed.

This was origionally a fun project that has become a well known and ,dare i say, widly used program :)

Thanks for the comment, and i will release a version that shouldn't require the 3.5 net framework ( haven't tested without as i only have computers with it installed avaliable to me)

Two new links avaliable on First post

Regards Orph

Orpheus

Appologies for the double paste, a new Link has been added to the first post for a VCMP GRM2.0 +downloads page ( as requested / promised )

TanaX01

Good I have a question that is stupid as you create this to aser a program with the bellboys next, back, exit, cancel please if outside amiable the Link of the program by p.m. or the forum commands to me  ;)

Force

On behalf of [SDT]Orpheus:

Tanax, please can you translate that into english and whats all this crap about the bellboys and forum commands?

ReVilo

Quote from: [SDT]F_T_F0RC3 on September 08, 2008, 07:23:20 PM
On behalf of [SDT]Orpheus:

Tanax, please can you translate that into english and whats all this crap about the bellboys and forum commands?
EDIT: I contacted him privately and it's solved.
He wanted to know how to make a program (.exe) I told him xD

Orpheus

actually( just to show u up revilo :P) not all programs are .exe, some are .paf ( a protable apps application) or even .deploy :P all depends on the program XD!

Regards Orph

P.s this was not posted to have a moan, just for a lauhg , so light-hearted reply back please :P

ReVilo

I know that...
What I said was that's what he asked me  :-\

EDIT: Some added light-heartedness here XD I didn't see your PS  :P
THAT IS ALL  ;D

Orpheus

:P no problems,

The next version of VCMP GRM people will have to vote for the BEST Scripts to have downloadable from VCMP GRM, and also teh script will be fully internall, NO internet required :P but will have the internet as a fail safe incase a problem occurs :P

It will also have, Current Tab saving, and Possibly, Image Background selecting, but this all has to fit around my new ICT courses so 16 hours a week duing "school hours " (UK) so no garentee of completion date etc, also ahve another projct in the works, that i'd liek to finish first lol, but since I plan to add VCMP GRM into it also, i shall only complete so much of it, untill i then add the newer stuff to VCMP GRM, then i will make my BEST program by far, to this point, SA+VC :MP GRM & Script Builder.

Anyways its, 23:03 here so i'm gonna go :P BYE

[SDT]Orpheus turns off his PC

ReVilo

Quote from: Orpheus on September 09, 2008, 12:03:34 AM
[SDT]Orpheus turns off his PC
Lies. You must first press "Post".
HOW MUCH OF THE REST OF YOUR POST IS A LIE???

TanaX01

ReVilo

That's to create installers :P

Orpheus

C++ is more complicated the visual basic LOL

Hence the name :P BASIC  :P

tho not that basic some of the things it can do, it attempts to make them as simple as possible, anyways, I needed an install maker :P the one in VB suxs IMO ( i cant get my head around it LOL)

THANKS XD!

Punjabi

GOD BLESS ALL..<<Founder of PUN Clan.....Born to fight and Kill..>>

Orpheus

I see the new download has SKY-rocketed to 15 downloads ALREADY

Looks like i got my work cut out for me guys :P!

I still need to completely re write the code :( but i'll get there eventually :P!

Anyways, I was thinking of adding a message to the end saying, why not visit my channel on IRC at #orphsprograms but decided not to :P! anyways, I'm gonna leave ya'll now :) lol, if anyone has ideas PLEASE post them here or in my channel I can't complete VCMP grm witout the communities help!