• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Message Regarding FAKE Tommis's

Started by Tommis, November 23, 2008, 09:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommis

Hello,

Over the past few months, it has come to my attention many times about players impersonating myself. What might I mean by this? People who place their nick name as [XE]Tommis or something close to that thus making other players believe that it is myself.

To server owners, and all, below are the ONLY IP ranges I play on, if my IP does not fall in this range, then the player is not me.

99.x.x.x
72.x.x.x

As to why they impersonate me; I have no idea. I ask you all kindly to try to stop this outrage. Thank you.

Regards,
Tommis

Mattz

I really hope this foolishness stops. :/

Tanner

Well, i didnt see fake-tommis nick in any vcmp server.

youlikethaaaat

given level 10 to one before realizing a second later (due to not proper english ^^), they got a nice ban ^^

maybe some sort of master ban list would be good?

Tobi

Hmmm who is this dude,anyway don't worrie tommis your nick are protected 8)

thanks to Darky for the awesome Siggy xD
Ashley: HEY HOMOZ I POSTED THIS RATHER RELIVENT AND IMPORTANT THREAD LIKE ALMOST 4 DAYS AGO AN I SEE 18 VIEWS BUT ONLY ONE RESPONCE HOW MANY OF U ARE BRICK WALLS BC IT FEELS LIKE IM TALKING TO ONE

Don

Quote from: Tobi on August 10, 2009, 12:21:31 AM
Hmmm who is this dude,anyway don't worrie tommis your nick are protected 8)

Hahahaha!
You'll be forever, a pielover.

Sephiroth

Well just an update..
We've had plenty of attempts by people to use your account on XE and LW, also many different variations of it, and I've banned them all and their ranges after checking the alias.ini to see how many are in those ranges, and it was only them in those various ranges, they've all been subnetbanned by me personally. It hasn't happened since then.

Regards,
ULK.Sephiroth

MrAcmering

to delete this tommis's fake just add on XE a login like LW... and they will be kicked for failing the login  ;)

YaY

Ghostface_Killah

obviously he's not an admin on xe so he doesn't now about that lol

Sephiroth

Quote from: Ghostface_Killah on October 30, 2009, 03:34:24 PM
obviously he's not an admin on xe so he doesn't now about that lol

good point lol

Squida

Quote from: MrAcmering on October 29, 2009, 09:39:06 PM
to delete this tommis's fake just add on XE a login like LW... and they will be kicked for failing the login  ;)

stop bringing back the deaaaddddd!