• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

How to add skins/vehicles into the configuration file

Started by VercettiG, June 30, 2007, 06:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMP

I'm trying it but the skin selector gets stuck on some skins.
Plus, I don't rly understand how to set the teams.

PMP

Quote from: PMP on August 15, 2007, 07:50:31 PM
Plus, I don't rly understand how to set the teams.
understood,sort of  :P
But, where can i find the colours code?

Tonys

After i spawn a Vehicle and get in it it doesn't move any reason why?

Juppi

There's something wrong with the 0.3z debug mode. If you want to place vehicles, use VC:MP 0.3x to do it.

Moe

must you save every location because i went to all the places i want my characters to spawn at typed /skin SkinIDGoesHere and at the end when i was done only 1 coordinate came up out of 19 spawn characters and where must i paste the coordinates?

Juppi

You have to use /save or /s to save the coordinates of every location you want to be saved. After you have the coordinates, put them into server config.ini.

Moe

i need some help when i try inserting the cars in the server and getting coordinates i then try to move the car but it does not move can i get some help?

Mattz

Use /s or /save <name>  to save the coordinates.

Then goto your Vice City directory, you'll see a file called "vc-mp_saved_coords"
Open it
Enter it in your server config file vehicle section.
Save then start the server
And there you go.

Jack_Bauer

erm i would like to know the team color ID,like,team -1 (independant) is white,team 0 is grey i think,etc etc.i think i saw it somewhere but dont know :S

For people spawning cars on build mode and cant move them
You are using 0.3z,to use build mode you will need to downgrade to 0.3x,it should work there. Credits go to Juppi
Quote from: Juppi on September 27, 2007, 05:36:26 PM
There's something wrong with the 0.3z debug mode. If you want to place vehicles, use VC:MP 0.3x to do it.
I think some people didnt see/understand that ;)

GTA-Roloboy

Hmm, gimme some time and I'll post my team-color list :)

alec

Hello.

When I modify my config.ini with new vehicles (and change old ones) I very often get a server that fails to load past the initial room - with arcade music.

I'm certainly doing it right - using /s ingame to get the line to put in, then typing it in to the config file and double-checking it, saving the new config to the correct place and running the server.

Why?  I'm a bit frustrated at the moment as I was expecting this to be (fairly) easy!

Heeelp!

Thanks,
Alec.

Smoke2jointS

Some cars are not supported or make the game crash. If my memory serves me right, some of those cars are the Haitian VooDoo, (with hydrolics), the cuban hermes...umm maybe be 1 or 2 more. Also, try to space your cars out a lil. I've had probs in the past when placing tons of cars in the same place, or tons of cars that are of the same model. There's also a limit to how many cars you can place ingame. I think it's 200. Try erasing a few of your cars (saving them aside so you don't lose thier place) Whitle it down to like 150, check if the server works, then add 10 checking if the server works, and so on till it crashes. I'm pretty sure it's 200 tho.

alec

Thanks for the good (and fast) response.  Is there a list of the cars that work and those that don't.  That would be very useful!

I remember now that I do have a Cuban Hermes in my vehicles list.  Maybe deleting that will fix it.

Thanks.

GTA-Roloboy

Quote from: Smoke2jointS on August 08, 2008, 09:28:52 PM
If my memory serves me right, some of those cars are the Haitian VooDoo, (with hydrolics), the cuban hermes...umm maybe be 1 or 2 more.

Yep, Those I can remember:

Voodoo [ ID 142 ]
Sandking [ ID 225 ]
Dodo (Always) [ ID 181 ]
Cuban Hermes [ ID 164 ]
RC Raider [ ID 195 ]
RC Goblin [ ID 231 ]
RC Baron [ID 194 ]
RC Bandit [ ID 171 ]
Police Maverick-Bot [ID 165 ]

Those crash the most in VCMP :P