Author Topic: Vcmp 0.3z frame limiter problem  (Read 16864 times)

Offline Sip3ria

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Vcmp 0.3z frame limiter problem
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:06:36 pm »
my vcmp and vice city works only when frame limiter is "off". if the frame limiter is "on" , I can play 10-20 seconds and the game gets stuck and I need to reboot my computer. its nice that in vcmp 0.3z frame limiter works "off" too... but i still have a problem. in vice city singleplayer the frame limiter is automaticly "off" , but in vcmp 0.3z its automaticly "on". When i downloaded vcmp 0.3z I could play few days with no problems. but today when i started vcmp 0.3z and putted frame limiter "off" it got stuck and this showed :

Code: [Select]
Exception At Address: 0x6DF79911

Registers:
EAX: 0x00000000EBX: 0xFFFFFFFFECX: 0x00000000EDX: 0x0189EDB8
ESI: 0x001769A4EDI: 0x001769A0EBP: 0x0013FD58ESP: 0x0013FD3C
EFLAGS: 0x00210202

Stack:
0x007897A4
0x00000008
0x001769A4
0x00000000
0x0013FF60
0x6E04BD78
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x0065ED3D
0x001769A0
0x007897B0
0x001B0468
0x0065EB50
0x747E46C8
0x001AD324
0x00655483
0x001B0468
0x000F07FE
0x00000000
0x0000001A
0x001AD324
0x0064AA18
0x001B0468
0x000F07FE
0x00000000

I hope you can help me with it so I can play vcmp

Thanks already

Offline Sip3ria

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Can anyone answer?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:03:31 pm »
can anyone answer??  ???

Offline matthiasvegh

• Street Thug
  • =RA=Phil_Cassidy
    • View Profile
    • InternetDJ
Re: Vcmp 0.3z frame limiter problem
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:23:43 pm »
this seems very like a video card problem to me.  :-\
i c your problem having to reboot.
TIP: press ctrl+alt+del / ctrl+shift+esc b4 vcmp. switch to the processes tab (2nd from the left) and check if there is a process started with the letter "G" hopefully there isnt
go in vcmp, if u get an error, press ctrlaltdel, press g, press del, press enter. basically, u just selected the gta-vc process, killed it (del), confirmed (ent)

but this still doesnt solve your problem.
reinstall gta vc and vcmp.
check it
any changes? if not, give us your hardware spec, and your resoloution.
my guess is, your video card isnt installed properly (therefore you are in software mode {640*480*16}) and cant fix it. so get a driver NOW.

Juppi

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:22:00 am »
I think reinstalling VC and VC:MP doesn't solve this problem, although it doesnt cost if you try it. If you have changed your video card settings lately, try to set them back.

my guess is, your video card isnt installed properly (therefore you are in software mode {640*480*16}) and cant fix it. so get a driver NOW.

What I know about this problem, i dont think it is related to video card drivers, if the game worked earlier as it should:

When i downloaded vcmp 0.3z I could play few days with no problems. but today when i started vcmp 0.3z and putted frame limiter "off" it got stuck

Offline maxorator

• VC:MP Developer
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:01:35 pm »
When i downloaded vcmp 0.3z I could play few days with no problems. but today when i started vcmp 0.3z and putted frame limiter "off" it got stuck and this showed :
Frame limiter is supposed to be on while playing VC-MP so you won't have any unfair advantage. VC-MP is not supposed to work with frame limiter set to OFF.

So, if you can't play with frame limiter on, it is not a problem with VC-MP (as the crash log shows), but something with your computer.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:03:52 pm by maxorator »

Juppi

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 07:22:53 pm »
Frame limiter is supposed to be on while playing VC-MP so you won't have any unfair advantage. VC-MP is not supposed to work with frame limiter set to OFF.

So, if you can't play with frame limiter on, it is not a problem with VC-MP (as the crash log shows), but something with your computer.

Wrong, the frame limiter can be set off:

The frame limiter HAS been fixed. It doesn't matter if it's on or off anymore.

And, how can you know the problem is not in VC-MP? Although you can see, the problem is not in frame limiter if you read the earlier posts carefully:

When i downloaded vcmp 0.3z I could play few days with no problems. but today when i started vcmp 0.3z and putted frame limiter "off" it got stuck

BTW, what kind of advantage can player have when playing frame limiter off? I mean, if it gives an unfair advantage, shouldn't the developers have disabled that option from VC:MP? Anyway, the option is same for everyone, whoever wants can turn the framelimiter off so it won't give an advantage to anyone.

Offline maxorator

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 06:25:41 pm »
Wrong, the frame limiter can be set off:
I didn't say it won't work with frame limiter off, I only said it is not supposed to be off.
BTW, what kind of advantage can player have when playing frame limiter off? I mean, if it gives an unfair advantage, shouldn't the developers have disabled that option from VC:MP? Anyway, the option is same for everyone, whoever wants can turn the framelimiter off so it won't give an advantage to anyone.
Frame limiter off means that frames go as fast as your CPU can handle them, it's not just some higher constant speed.

It has been made so that VC-MP automatically sets the frame limiter off.

Just set frame limiter on when playing and if you can't play with frame limiter on, it's not VC-MP problem.

Here's the problem:
Quote from: Sip3ria

If he already had it off last few days, why did he have to put it off again while playing? My guess is that he played frame limiter on and after those few days he turned it off.

Anyway I don't think it is VC-MP because even you said your frame limiter problems were solved during the 0.3z version.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 06:33:42 pm by maxorator »

Juppi

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 08:39:50 pm »
A quote from another frame limiter topic:

It's kind of useless, because VC-MP sets it to on automatically, without you even seeing that it is set to on.

At least it is no problem if you play VC with frame limiter off and then play VC-MP with frame limiter still showing off though actually it is on.

Does that mean that it has no difference whether the frame limiter is on or off in VC:MP ???

Frame limiter off means that frames go as fast as your CPU can handle them, it's not just some higher constant speed.

The question is, what kind of advantage does this give to a player? If your PC can draw more frames in a second, doesn't that mean the game is smoother then? (i may be wrong, i'm not a game developer expert)

Here's the problem:
Quote from: Sip3ria
When i downloaded vcmp 0.3z I could play few days with no problems. but today when i started vcmp 0.3z and putted frame limiter off it got stuck

If he already had it off last few days, why did he have to put it off again while playing? My guess is that he played frame limiter on and after those few days he turned it off.

What i have discussed with Sip3ria about this problem, i understood that he has to turn the frame limiter off in the start, or the game freezes few moments after the start. He was able to play frame limiter off earlier, but now setting frame limiter off gives him always the error showed in the first post. (I had problems something like these in 0.3x, but they were not so serious, and they may have been due to older video card drivers)

I'm not so sure anymore, that the problem is not in the frame limiter setting. Sip3ria hasn't installed anything, programs or especially hardware, which could cause trouble with VC:MP. It's something mysterious, perhaps something related to different servers?

Anyway I don't think it is VC-MP because even you said your frame limiter problems were solved during the 0.3z version.

:o The little problems i wrote about in the other topic may not have been VC:MP problems, as i wrote above. The quote about fixing the frame limiter problems was from VercettiG (who, i suppose, knows more about VC:MP than me ;))

Offline maxorator

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 01:07:55 pm »
Does that mean that it has no difference whether the frame limiter is on or off in VC:MP ???
Yes.
The question is, what kind of advantage does this give to a player? If your PC can draw more frames in a second, doesn't that mean the game is smoother then? (i may be wrong, i'm not a game developer expert)
One frame means a certain movement in the game. So, not smoother, faster.
What i have discussed with Sip3ria about this problem, i understood that he has to turn the frame limiter off in the start, or the game freezes few moments after the start. He was able to play frame limiter off earlier, but now setting frame limiter off gives him always the error showed in the first post. (I had problems something like these in 0.3x, but they were not so serious, and they may have been due to older video card drivers)
I was confused because VC usually remembers the frame limiter setting...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:11:41 pm by maxorator »

Juppi

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 08:14:27 pm »
Yes.

I don't still understand this, because my VC:MP becomes smoother when i set the frame limiter off. The two settings have a clear difference. Maybe my game is not working properly in some way?

Besides, there is Sip3ria's problem. If the setting does not matter, what causes the crash when setting frame limiter off?

One frame means a certain movement in the game. So, not smoother, faster.

OK, my bad  :)

Offline Sip3ria

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
aha???
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 10:20:45 pm »
 ??? So do you know what do i really need to do or is there something with my video card? I bought a new graphic card: ASUS N7600GS Silent, its lots of better than my earlier graphic card. when the game "freezes" the screen goes a bit darker the sound loops in the background and when I pressed alt+TAB, and tried vcmp again it says: "Vice City couldnt find enough avaible video memory." my card has 256 Megabytes memory and the old one had 128 and it worked with it with no problems... My Counter Strike Source says this:
So is it something up with my graphic drivers or what?  ???
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 10:27:36 pm by Sip3ria »

Offline maxorator

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:44 pm »
Maybe install the driver for your new video card?

Offline Sip3ria

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
I have installed driver's
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 02:10:19 pm »
I already been downloaded driver's from ASUS page and installed all driver's from the cd's that was in the box of the graphic card. I have same kind of problem in Few Rockstar game's: Max payne, San Andreas and Vice City. San Andreas multiplayer works with frame limiter setted "off", but if its on it "freezes" like Vice City. In Max Payne I can play the game also few moments and it freezes again. And many owner's of "ASUS N7600GS Silent" says that few games of them "freezes like mine. So my graphic card driver is too old? I cant belive it because I've downloaded and installed many, many driver's for my graphic card.

Offline matthiasvegh

• Street Thug
  • =RA=Phil_Cassidy
    • View Profile
    • InternetDJ
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 07:04:43 pm »
as far as i can tell, ur using xp right?
if so, try a system restore.
to do so, do this:
1. start system restore.
>> Start\programs\accesories\system tools(not sure of the name here)\system restore.
Follow steps on pictures(made by me ;D )

choose " restore system to an earlier date."

choose a date, where the game worke

click next. your system will be rebooted. itl take longer than normal.

Hope i helped
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:06:14 pm by matthiasvegh »

Offline Sip3ria

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Is there a risk?
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 09:34:23 pm »
Is there any risk that my computer could go crazy if I do that? :-\