Author Topic: runing LAN  (Read 12254 times)

Offline Mr.Cool

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
runing LAN
« on: July 29, 2007, 09:51:25 am »
 :(  iv conected my computer with the one in the next room and im trying to use vcmp0.3. iv set it up the same on both coms but when i create a server on one it wont show up on the other. my server works fine on my com but wont even apear on the other. i know that im conecting them proporly cuz iv already played mutiplayer doom3 and microsoft combat f s between them. i only have internet on my psp so i cant conect to an online server. so if u can please help. ps this took 20 min to type cuz of the psp.

Juppi

Re: runing LAN
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 08:28:43 pm »
It won't appear automatically. You must add your LAN server to the other PC's Favourite list. First click Add favourite from your VC:MP. If you haven't changed the port (5192) type:

Code: [Select]
Your LAN IP address:5192   eg.  192.168.1.1:5192

Offline Mr.Cool

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 09:52:43 pm »
i dont exactly understand what your telling me to do but i exported my favorets list and added it to her com. but when we both loged on we couldent c each other. also i would like to add that under host/name it always says retreving info. during the game there are absolutly no people ai or real. i cant obtain weponds and theres no cars or bikes. also under players it always sais 0/0.  ???

Juppi

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 10:13:34 pm »
If you can read PDF's, here is a guide how to set up a LAN server.

Offline Mr.Cool

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 11:10:33 pm »
ok i got it to work but after i ran it it said conection regected. i gess i dont have vc 1.0. how can i tell what vershon im runing and is there any thing i can do to make it work. we r both runing the same version. :-\

Juppi

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 01:34:02 am »
If you haven't patched your Vice City, you should have version 1.0. Otherwise, reinstall your GTA to get 1.0.

Did VC:MP say something like "Connetion rejected. You're using an incorrect version"? If so, make sure you use the same version of the server than your client is, eg. if your client is 0.3, but now you are using some other version in the server side.

Offline Mr.Cool

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 04:50:41 am »
im runing 0.3x client and 0.3z winserver. if im using the rong ones than please tell me witch ones to use. iv been working on it for 2 days and i nead it to be done asap. its for a lan server so any internet rlated is not nesesary. ???

Offline Mr.Cool

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 05:42:14 am »
never mind i fixed it and now it works perfectly. thanks for every thing! ;D

Offline Mr.Cool

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 06:13:25 am »
now even though we r on the same server we cant c each other y?

Offline GIG

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 05:01:30 pm »
Just for other who read this. You cannot use the 0.3x client with the 0.3z server exe. That doesn't work. They both must have the same number, but this should be clear.