Author Topic: Tutorial on How to Make You're Own Server  (Read 20085 times)

Offline kitt85711

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
Tutorial on How to Make You're Own Server
« on: May 30, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »
Well this is how I did it. First I went to VC:MP site. http://www.vicecitymultiplayer.com/
Then I downloaded the windows server, and let it load. Make a folder separate  to put that download in. Open it up and find that folder to unzip it in. You will get 5 items. vcmp-srv.exe, server.cfg, server0.3zr2(pawn)(updated2).exe, announce.exe, and a folder named gamemodes. You will get 6 items if you click on vcmp-srv.exe. It's a txt named server_log.txt. Open up the server.cfg. Fill in the answers. Example:

echo Executing Server Config...
friendlyfire 1
lanmode 0
maxplayers 50
port 5192
hostname VCMP
gamemode0 mode 1
rcon_password none

For the host name just put the name of your server. For the port just leave it or put in your port. It might automatically put it in for you. You can change the number of the max players. For me its 20. Put your rcon pass if you want to be a UC admin. 1 means on 0 means off. For me I found Monkey Scripts. I downloaded it here. http://www.mediafire.com/?zmnidi0gzvr I tried to find GUPS but couldn't. You cant run your server with out one of these, I tried it and I had no skins to pick and I crashed. For Monkey Scripts you will get 3 items. A readme.txt, scp.pwn, and scp.amx. Follow the readme and replace the items that are already in the gamemodes (Just move them somewere or you can delete them) (I deleted the readme already in gamemodes because I didnt need it)

Now you have 2 or 3 items in gamemodes, depends if you deleted that readme. If you have it open already or open it, open server.cfg. Replace the "gamemode0 mode 1" to "gamemode0 scp 1". Now open the vcmp-svr.exe, keep it open and click on announce.exe. Nothing will pop up but go to the VC:MP servers and refresh the servers, look for your server and look you have a server, uploaded with Monkey Scripts.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:14:49 pm by kitt85711 »

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial on How to Make You're Own Server
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:45:57 am »
I tried to find GUPS but couldn't.
You could get GUPS here:

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1666.0
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline RasikhQadeer

• Street Thug
  • Hero_Great! The Great Scripter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:57:35 am »
hi my problem is that my server did not show up in the internet tab plz help me i open vc mp svr file then firewal cam up then i clicked unblock and i opened up i firewall settings and add programs svr announce vc mp and i uncheck them so firewall wont block them so the problem is my server is not showing up in internet tab plz help  :-\

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:00:55 pm »
hi my problem is that my server did not show up in the internet tab plz help me i open vc mp svr file then firewal cam up then i clicked unblock and i opened up i firewall settings and add programs svr announce vc mp and i uncheck them so firewall wont block them so the problem is my server is not showing up in internet tab plz help  :-\
I had the same problem and its still not fixed.. btw try to port forward
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Morphine

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 05:00:23 am »
You yourself will NOT see your server in the Internet Tab for one simple reason.
<It is your own server.>

Offline Venkat

• Street Thug
  • ULK, Bitch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
You yourself will NOT see your server in the Internet Tab for one simple reason.
<It is your own server.>
wrong.

Offline Morphine

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:22:40 am »
I've been told so but oh well. Never bothered to check the internet list since it's always on my favorites list.