Author Topic: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NEW TOPIC.  (Read 7772 times)

Offline Hanney

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NEW TOPIC.
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »
These are just some general guidelines users should follow before creating a new topic.

1. Disable/remove all modifications
The VC:MP team will not be obligated to give you support if you have any mods installed, especially the following:
  • CLEO
  • Murdock's VCA
  • DnA's modified client (with reconnect)

We cannot guarantee the stability of your game if you are using mods. Try playing VC:MP on a clean installation if you are not doing so already and try again.

2. Search through previous topics within the Support board before posting

The problem you are experiencing may be a common occuring problem/question that has been thoroughly discussed many times before and has perhaps even been addressed. Furthermore, the "Tutorials" childboard may also be of use in helping you to achieve what you wish to do.

3. Use a descriptive topic title

If you have had a look through older topics and can't find anything of relevance then this brings me to my next point. When creating a new topic please make sure that the topic title is descriptive. By this I mean no topics with "PLZZZ HELP ME!!11" or "HELP, HELP!". An example of a more suitable topic title would be something more meaningful such as:

"I can't connect to any servers.",
"Single player launches when I launch VC-MP!"
or "Where can I get ping softwares please?"

By doing this each topic title becomes more descriptive and less vague as opposed to 20 topics with "help pls!!" which isn't very helpful and makes it a nuisance for other players to navigate through topics.

4. Provide as much helpful information as possible in your post

Depending on the situation additional information may be required or may just be of extra use in helping others to help you with your problem. Such information may include -

What is your problem, aswell as the symptoms?
When did it start occuring?
Do you have a theory to why it may be happening? e.g any recent changes to vc-mp related files, or your system itself?

Again... depending on the situation other bits of information may become useful such as your Operating system, VC-MP version, Vice City .exe version, and perhaps even what type of Router you have depending on if it's a network connectivity related issue. We are also aware that language barrier problems can become a problem aswell so just try your best.  :)

5. Once posted, be patient.

If no one posts in your topic it's more than likely because they can't help you. Bumping the topic after one day of no replies and shouting in an aggressive tone "WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HLEP ME!!!11???? PLZZZZZ" doesn't help either. If anything all this will do is make anyone who reads the topic be put off on helping you due to the way you act. Please do not also send private messages to other members such as the Developers and Beta testers asking them for support with your problem and linking them to your topic.

Most if not all of the above is just applied common sense yet even at first glance looking over the Support board it caught my eye how many people fail to do these steps. There will also be some people who won't even look at this topic to begin with then proceed to fail at following every step but... some people are just frozen yogurts. ^^

- Hanney

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:11:40 am by stormeus »
<@AdTec_224> so where is this 0.4 source code?
<SFi7z> http://i.imgur.com/NuyRc.jpg
<@AdTec_224> and that is just a picture of the 0.4 chatbox ><
<SFi7z> yes
<@AdTec_224> which can be taken from anywhere
<SFi7z> haha

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A NEW TOPIC.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:11:51 am »
Updated to include a part about mods
Do not PM me for support.