Author Topic: MDR GTA (Sever Coming soon HELP WANTED) (Update 1.2.2)  (Read 13745 times)

Offline creepers

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
Re: MDR GTA (Sever Coming soon HELP WANTED)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 03:21:55 am »
3zr2 servers use the script. most servers are 3zr2 sooooo irc is useless for now...

Why is IRC useless? Not all servers use pawn scripts. In fact a small number of servers use pawn.
*facepalm* how many times do i have to tell you most servers are 3zr2. 3zr2 servers use PAWNO
December 18, 2007
January 6, 2008

Offline Boss

• VC:MP Beta Tester (inactive)
  • Made Man
  • Boss
    • View Profile
    • TDH Clan Site
Re: MDR GTA (Sever Coming soon HELP WANTED)
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 03:54:15 am »
Why is IRC useless? Not all servers use pawn scripts. In fact a small number of servers use pawn.
In fact, there is a small number of ALL servers. lol
Anyway, as I have already mentioned, once VC-MP's pawn gets plugins support, its functionality will be endlessly superior to that of mrc scripts. So switching to it is a kind of a rational step towards MP's improvement.

Offline Mr_Duck

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Re: MDR GTA (Sever Coming soon HELP WANTED) (Update 1.2.2)
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:54:57 am »
We are accepting Gang App's from all offic Clans of VCMP. Post with a Spawn Location Two Spawn car locations and two guns you would like to spawn with.
This is all free no donations are need but we accept them. :>>
3 Gang slots are open for free.
Reply with the following Information,

"Name
Gang / Clan Name
Story / Gang BIo
HQ and why
Spawn cars and Why
HQ Location ((a F8 Or the /s Location))
Spawn Car locations ((Same as HQ location)) With colorcodes Example "Sabor 37 5"
All Spawn car color ID's like Yellow and white or Black will be made Pink.
Members
Code
3 Question test your members will know the answers too. Or a Gang Password/

Why do i need to make a test?
To avoid people joining your Gang that you do not want to join upon spawning in your gang they will be sent to a location where they can not escape they must answer the questions correctly or enter the gang Password to spawn at your HQ>

Offline VRocker

• LU Developer
  • Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Unleashed - GTA3 Multiplayer Mod
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:50 pm »
*facepalm* how many times do i have to tell you most servers are 3zr2. 3zr2 servers use PAWNO

Actually not all r2 servers use pawn (pawno is the IDE, not the language ;)) A lot of servers still use mirc, very few use pawn atm. from the people i've spoke to, they're not going to switch either.
Also out of the 6 servers i host on vrocker-hosting.eu, none of them are pawn.

Anyway, as I have already mentioned, once VC-MP's pawn gets plugins support, its functionality will be endlessly superior to that of mrc scripts. So switching to it is a kind of a rational step towards MP's improvement.

Plugin support would aid in switching people to pawn yes, but you have to accept that a few people are unwilling to switch because either
a) they cant be arsed to learn pawn
b) There will always be features missing from pawn that people can do in mirc with ease
c) converting scripts takes time, and who wants to spend a day or so converting a script which has worked fine for 2 years
d) some people (like me) dont actually like pawn, and disagree with having to jump through hoops to do simple things. Script languages should be simple.

Offline Boss

• VC:MP Beta Tester (inactive)
  • Made Man
  • Boss
    • View Profile
    • TDH Clan Site
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 04:24:06 pm »
a) they cant be arsed to learn pawn
You're using "learn" and "pawn" in one sentence? lol. Pawn is a heaven compared to mrc's syntax.

b) There will always be features missing from pawn that people can do in mirc with ease
A VERY doubtful statement, especially since no more mrc functions are going to be implemented.

c) converting scripts takes time, and who wants to spend a day or so converting a script which has worked fine for 2 years
Enough time is given. And people who cba... meh, they always exist. Plus, you're saying "spend a day" like they'll have to do it every week lol.

d) some people (like me) dont actually like pawn, and disagree with having to jump through hoops to do simple things. Script languages should be simple.
If Pawn is not simple, what is? Out of the languages I use most (C#, php, Action Script 2.0 and pawn), I find pawn the easiest one (even easier than AS 2.0 lmao). It may require to do some extra stuff compared to the languages which have lots of server-side build-in functions, but still it IS simple (and clearly simpler than mrc).

Offline Skirmant

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 06:33:45 pm »
Code: [Select]
If Pawn is not simple, what is? Out of the languages I use most (C#, php, Action Script 2.0 and pawn), I find pawn the easiest one (even easier than AS 2.0 lmao). It may require to do some extra stuff compared to the languages which have lots of server-side build-in functions, but still it IS simple (and clearly simpler than mrc).
Well I don't know much about how superior the "easy" pawn side is, but I'll stick with mirc. Reconverting my script would be way too much of a mess.