Author Topic: Miami-Dade: Racing Promotional Video  (Read 17673 times)

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Re: Miami-Dade: Racing Promotional Video
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:29 pm »
oh... ok...

we are waiting.

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 03:40:19 pm »
Meh, MDR v1 with mirc scripts was definitely the best one, it had no advanced functions like time difference between us and the opponents. It was a simple race with many players. I remember when there were only a few days to end of the school year, I was playing till midnight (and got to stand up at 6 am), because it was really interesting and it was also the first racing server.

But now that's all gone :/.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 09:02:47 pm »
Meh, MDR v1 with mirc scripts was definitely the best one, it had no advanced functions like time difference between us and the opponents. It was a simple race with many players. I remember when there were only a few days to end of the school year, I was playing till midnight (and got to stand up at 6 am), because it was really interesting and it was also the first racing server.

But now that's all gone :/.

MDR was teh shitz back then, now that we've got v4 coming along in C++ it's allowed us to do a shittone tonne more than what mIRC ever gave us. It would be nice if MDR went back to the glory days of v1 but I really don't think thats going to happen, half the people that play it these days don't have a clue wtf to do.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 02:37:50 pm »
now that we've got v4 coming along in C++ it's allowed us to do a shittone tonne more than what mIRC ever gave us.

Great that you said that, I forgot that all the time. What do you mean it's coming in C++? MDR will use his own server.exe? On one screenie, that some of you posted at MD forums, I read that v4 will feature virtual worlds. Is this true? And what else will come along with v4, because I don't see any changelog.

half the people that play it these days don't have a clue wtf to do.
Haha orly? I think it's obvious what to do, when joining a race server.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 04:38:26 pm »
Great that you said that, I forgot that all the time. What do you mean it's coming in C++? MDR will use his own server.exe? On one screenie, that some of you posted at MD forums, I read that v4 will feature virtual worlds. Is this true? And what else will come along with v4, because I don't see any changelog.

It won't be using it's own server but a plugin system that has been developed for the server. We will also have virtual worlds yes! Changelog will be made available in the days leading up to going public, but a few new things would be boat races (which have been asked for since v1) and lap races which last up to 8 laps now rather than 3. There are a few other features which are being developed but these are secret until the release.

Haha orly? I think it's obvious what to do, when joining a race server.

You would be very surprised, a lot of people can't seem to follow some pickups.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 11:43:43 pm »
Changelog will be made available in the days leading up to going public,

Do you know +/- when?

You would be very surprised, a lot of people can't seem to follow some pickups.

Hmm, what about the radar icons? I know they can not be deleted, but is this because a client or server bug? If possible, they could simply appear, where the next "checkpoint" is.

Offline Morphine

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 03:33:16 pm »
Just as a matter of interest, is scripting VC:MP servers in C++ a better approach nowadays? Since stormeus and I are planning to script a C++ server too.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 09:50:11 pm »
Just as a matter of interest, is scripting VC:MP servers in C++ a better approach nowadays? Since stormeus and I are planning to script a C++ server too.

Depends what you prefer and find easier really.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:52:36 pm »
Any progress?

btw. you may find it useful > model id 3002 is the pole position big sign (checkpoint flags) and the name, maybe this could be placed over the last checkpoint ;).

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:15:18 pm »
Any progress?

btw. you may find it useful > model id 3002 is the pole position big sign (checkpoint flags) and the name, maybe this could be placed over the last checkpoint ;).

Nice model :)

I made a picture :

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:21:18 pm by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »
Any progress?

To be honest were just waiting on Project Apollo's secret weapon. Then we need to iron out some weird crashes in the server and bobs your uncle.

Offline kenwood

• VC:MP Lead Tester
  • Wiseguy
  • touch me im sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 05:03:49 am »

To be honest were just waiting on Project Apollo's secret weapon. Then we need to iron out some weird crashes in the server and bobs your uncle.

Ok here I m. :-*
old gamers never die.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 03:21:23 am »
I thought i'd just post a quick update for you people, over the past few days we've finally managed to get our checkpoint streamer working for the first time in about 3 months and spent tonight testing (some of you may have seen).

We've also added various different features and ideas to the server here and there and really we are just waiting on our secret weapon to finish this thing off. We believe this is the best racing experience that you will get on VC:MP and hopefully you all enjoy it when we open our doors to the public, should be early next year at the latest. :)

Offline BIG[H]

• Made Man
  • Sight of light
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 01:52:11 pm »
Awesome Bro!. No Matter What. Ka is Best Clan.

I saw 1st time juppi in vcmp :X
Outdoor city server Administrator, FS server owner!

Offline OutlawZ

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 08:07:08 pm »
heh this is getting exciting, can't wait