Author Topic: Miami-Dade: Racing :: Release Trailer  (Read 9257 times)

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
Miami-Dade: Racing :: Release Trailer
« on: January 12, 2012, 06:17:11 pm »
Miami-Dade: Racing :: Release Trailer

Yes folks, you read that right, Project Apollo have uploaded the release trailer for MDR, the date of release can be found in the video. We hope to see everyone there, racing (and not tammering!) when the server opens up to the public. Hopefully it's been worth the wait for you guys. :)

Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppbYmV9hP5U

Look for the script changelog and information about a few other things, (such as our secret weapon), in the coming days.

Stop asking about the damn chatbox!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:47:08 pm by Force »

Offline Sephiroth

• Wiseguy
  • www.xe-servers.com www.ulk-gang.com
    • View Profile
    • ULK - United Legion of Killers
Re: Miami-Dade: Racing :: Release Trailer
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »
nice.

high quality signature
[03:49] <%Stormeus> I picked up PHP when I was around 10

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 11:31:08 pm »
Good Job !

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:44:13 am »
This weekend? Shit I have many exams next week, will be hard, but I want to see the new racing script.

Anyway am I blind or what, because I haven't seen in this trailer anything new, comparing to v3 (maybe just more tammering)?

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:52:01 am »
This weekend? Shit I have many exams next week, will be hard, but I want to see the new racing script.

Anyway am I blind or what, because I haven't seen in this trailer anything new, comparing to v3 (maybe just more tammering)?

It's hard to tell without actually playing on the server, it's more back end stuff and our secret weapon. But v3 was a buggy piece of shit, from what we've tested of v4, it no longer is.

Offline Nadeem

• Made Man
    • View Profile
    • The Zetz
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:47:11 am »
nice  ;)

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 01:45:46 am »
Ok, can't wait to see it at least for 5 minutes. Is there going to be a "main event" this weekend (that everyone should join the server at a specified hour?).

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 02:45:37 am »
Ok, can't wait to see it at least for 5 minutes. Is there going to be a "main event" this weekend (that everyone should join the server at a specified hour?).

We hadn't really considered that, but I'm sure the developers will be online the first few hours of release. Hopefully there will be some more details regarding Project Apollo released soon.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:00 am »
* Force walks in and drops an eggy fart.. I mean, Project Apollo's secret weapon

http://forum.project-apollo.co.uk/index.php?topic=71.0

* Force runs off
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:53:26 am by Force »

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 04:11:23 pm »
Wow I am impressed. Looks great, I wish you that every MD player will register there.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 10:29:36 pm »
With the Miami-Dade: Racing release one step closer after yesterdays announcement of the 'secret weapon' I can now reveal the changelog for Miami-Dade: Racing v4.

Miami-Dade: Racing v4 - Features/Changelog

With Miami-Dade: Racing moving onto it's 4th gamemode version (now in C++) here is a list of things that you can expect to find or be changed within the gamemode;

Racing
   - Whilst racing the GTA time will now transition at a rate of 1 minute per second, which means on some of the longer races night may fall.
   - A brand new checkpoint streamer allows for races to have 50 checkpoints (per lap) regardless of the number of laps.
   - Lap races now have a higher count of 8, with the default still remaining at 3.
   - Boat races (which have been asked for since v1) have now made an appearance.
   - Grids will no longer bug out and everyone will be given the correct car.
   - The grid for a race will be the reversed results of the previous race, if this data does not exist players will be gridded in ID order.
   - The online rank (points scored this session) will remain the same but will no longer bug out like it has done in previous versions.
   - Some race are also now 'virtual world' races, which means that you can only see yourself and no one else, giving you a clear run to set a record with no one in the way
   - A brand new checkpoint streamer should stop issues where checkpoints would randomly fail to spawn for a player.
   - The new checkpoint streamer also means that there will be no issues where pickups are randomly left floating around the server.

Accounts
   - There are no longer independt accounts, accounts are now supplied by the Project Apollo Community (PAC).
   - There are no longer any in-game stats, these have been replaced by record points.
   - You can read more about PAC in our previous announcements.

Records/Personal Bests
   - Record points are awarded to people who have a time that is in the top 10 times for each race, this gives a better focus on the record setting aspect and not just winning the races.
      - At the end of each month, the top 6 players will be rewarded points for the overall standings and results will be posted in the monthly winners list.
      - All records and points will be reset back to 0 and everything will start again.
   - We have designed a new stats site which shows a list of all races, overall points, record points and a featured circuit as well as the server status.
      - A featured race will give you 3 bonus record points added onto the usual record points, these will last for a month and will be decided before the next month.
   - Clicking on a race name will list every time that has been set for that current race, with the number of points shown next to the top 10 times.
   - You are able to see the gap to the record whilst in-game by typing /c cpinfo record.
   - Personal best times are also stored and shown when you are sent to the race, you can compare your race time to your personal best time using /c cpinfo personal.
   - The website for your records can be found at http://racing.project-apollo.co.uk.

Website
   - We now have a website for Miami-Dade Racing it can be visited by viewing http://mdr.project-apollo.co.uk
   - The website will contain a link to our forum, media page, live timing screen and live map.
   - Live Timing
      - The live timing page will show a timing screen which gives lap times and sector times of each player in the race.
   - Live Map
      - The live map will show you everyones location on the map, the race running order and race information.

Offline sseebbyy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »
WoW    :o [GooD]

PS: When will be open the Racing Server ?

You said "This Weekend" but... "this" weekend not was from 13 to 15 January ?

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Mattz

• Made Man
  • BK-201
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 12:19:29 am »
Yes, we meant "this" weekend from the 13-15th. The server will be up in a few hours, so please be patient  ;)

Offline sseebbyy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 12:35:55 am »
The Time In Romania: 11:35 PM !

The weekend is end  ;)

Offline Mattz

• Made Man
  • BK-201
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 12:45:24 am »
Hopefully we can get it ready in the next 10mins before your weekend ends. We are checking for bugs at the moment.