Author Topic: Miami-Dade: Racing - Online  (Read 9529 times)

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
Miami-Dade: Racing - Online
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:36:11 am »
Miami-Dade: Racing back online!

The Project Apollo management are happy to announce that MDR is now back online for everyone to enjoy. See our previous announcements for what we've done over the past half a year.

It's been a long wait but it's finally here, hope you all enjoy it. Just remember DO NOT USE a hotmail/live e-mail address else the server will moan at you. (Oh and make sure it's valid, you'll need it.)

As always donations are welcome!

Head to 91.237.197.34:5192 to join the server now and don't forget to add 91.237.197.34:5192 to your favourites!

Other News

We are sorry to announce but for the forseeable future, we have closed down the Madness and Conquest servers. It's not that we don't care, it's more a case of the servers don't have an active enough player base to warrant them running. The re-release of the Racing server starts the big changes that are and will be happening to Project Apollo, unfourtanetly, this is one of those changes.

Thank you to everyone that used and abused those servers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:26:57 pm by Juppi »

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Re: Miami-Dade: Racing - Now online
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:32:23 am »
now offline ???

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Mattz

• Made Man
  • BK-201
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:37:42 am »
now offline ???

Sorry for the inconvenience, some bugs appeared out of the blue and we were forced to temporarily shutdown the server.  It should be back up shortly.

Offline sseebbyy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:47:02 am »
Damn ... I deleted my comment it while you posted yours...Srry. (Restored it) Edit: Mattz

I tried to get on the server at that time when there were 11 active players but I could not connect because my ping was too high on server.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:18:14 am by Mattz »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Mattz

• Made Man
  • BK-201
    • View Profile
Re: Miami-Dade: Racing - Online
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 03:11:15 am »
It's back now.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:25:42 pm »
It still crash sometimes when I collect the first pickups ._.

What I would change:
-remove the fix commands. It is really unfair that someone knows that command, while others don't. I would like to see an automatic car fix, for example if the player has already passed half of all pickups (x/2), the car would be fixed.
-too long lap races. More than 2 long laps are simply boring for me ;s.
-make less races with "virtual worlds". I want to tammer a real player, not a tree ><.
-due to r2's bug with the coloured messages, the chat sometime look like

if you know what this is D:

That's all... For now :(.

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 12:58:02 am »
Your not supposed to be tammering people, your supposed to be racing, virtual worlds won't be removed.
It's not our fault people can't read the help message when they join.
Whats wrong with longer lap races? Races that last 30s are just boring.

Right now we have bigger issues to iron out like the whole fucking thing refusing to work for half the players on the server for no fucking reason what so ever.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:53:36 pm by Mattz »

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »
Right people everything should be back online and working. I have taken a couple of hours to completely re-write the gridding system for the race, hopefully there are no more issues.

Make sure you read these before joining!

http://forum.project-apollo.co.uk/index.php?topic=65.0
http://forum.project-apollo.co.uk/index.php?topic=66.0

Offline rathan

• Street Thug
  • vISIT MY FORUM www.f1-server.tk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »
wow nice

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:28:18 am »
Your not supposed to be tammering people, your supposed to be racing, virtual worlds won't be removed.

Well, you didn't got my point or maybe I have not wrote it unclear. I meant, that I join the server to compete with other players, not to drive alone :(. Maybe I have such a luck, but there are always too many virtual worlds races when I play. I understand them for some short races like the airport drag, but for longer?

Whats wrong with longer lap races? Races that last 30s are just boring.

I agree, a 30 second race is just "okay, press W and drive through finish line". But there is that one short track race, near the bank, where we have eight (!) laps driving like in speedway (but those in speedway drive "only" three laps"). For me this is too much, pressing handbrake + left 16 times with short break when driving forward, to the next curve. Maybe other have another opinion, but this is mine :).

And at last a screenie:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:48:56 am by [AoD]NC »

Offline sseebbyy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:30 am »
And at last a screenie:

I Saw (too) players in this position.

Juppi

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »
Maybe I have such a luck, but there are always too many virtual worlds races when I play. I understand them for some short races like the airport drag, but for longer?

Some longer races are required to be raced in virtual worlds, take a track with some narrow alleys for example, someone could intentionally/unintentionally block the whole track and ruin everyone's race (this used to happen quite a lot earlier). And remember that you can always affect the race rotation by voting after you've finished. ;)

You can see a list of all online races here.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:47:15 pm by Juppi »

Offline Force

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 11:40:24 pm »
An update has been released to Miami-Dade: Racing, the following changes include:

• Checkpoint information has been changed to be more like it was in VCR v1.
  • The actual checkpoints have been changed so that they are like VCR v1 checkpoints, with stars above them.
  • Added in a team system to MDR. Each team can have a maximum of 3 people in it. The following commands that we added were:
    /c createteam <teamname> <password>
    /c jointeam <teamname> <password>
    /c leaveteam

Anyone that is in a team will score points for the team when there is more than 3 people in-game and the online rank is working. Any points that a player accumulated will be added onto the teams score when the player leaves the server.

At the end of each month, just like the records, points will be reset back to 0 and the top teams will receive points towards their overall total. (We will think of some rewards in the future and the possibilty of team colours for vehicles.)

These updates will be applied when the server next restarts.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:47:56 pm by Force »

Offline Caravela

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 06:05:00 am »
Great server, probably my favourite at the moment.

Here's a video I shot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThsQbRdDvbg