Author Topic: Roleplay servers  (Read 25920 times)

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay servers
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 11:24:55 pm »
but the squirrel servers are listed in vrocker's only not in max's one as you can see in the following link which is basically max's official list consisting of only pawn based servers :
http://vicecitymultiplayer.com/official.txt

News flash: there are plenty of Squirrel servers on the "Pawn" official server list. See XE, LW, and Vice Legends during its existence.

EDIT: The only active Pawn server actually on the "Pawn official server list" is Argonath RPG.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:27:29 pm by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 11:31:43 pm »
ah , i missed that it has got LW there .well ok then I agree with your but owners of  our server should get to know on what basis you people accepted or on what basis you denied VCCNR to get into official list.

I feel it would be fair.
Vice City Cops 'n' Robbers is good for an even more relaxed style of gameplay than Argonath.

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 11:48:22 pm »
Servers are generally nominated for one or more of several criteria:
  • Being run by a developer

Servers being run by an active developer are almost automatically added to the official server list, as the term "official" ultimately means servers that are promoted by the development team.

• Highly recognized community establishment

The server has been a long standing member of the VC:MP community and is frequented by many players on a daily basis. The server has some sort of historical significance to VC:MP and is currently active and moderated.

e.g. Littlewhitey's, XE, Argonath (dates back to 0.2 and earlier)

• Significant technical achievement

The server pushes the boundaries of what can be done in VC:MP, usually with the help of server plugins (Squirrel), and introduces new features that would not normally be possible.

e.g. Miami-Dade Racing, Littlewhitey's (written entirely in C++), Vice Legends (achievement system and the player panel)

• Unique gameplay

The server offers unique gameplay than the usual fare of DM and is usually one of the first of its kind (see: community establishment). Thus, active servers of this kind may be nominated for official server status. That's not to say that all RP and race servers automatically meet this criterion. (See list of disqualifiers below.)

e.g. Miami-Dade Racing, Miami-Dade Destruction, Argonath RPG, eXtreme Attack/Defense

Servers may be disqualified for one of several reasons, including:
  • Lack of moderation

There are no active administrators on the server to stop hackers, creating an unsatisfactory experience while playing.

e.g. UltraMegaServer (UMS), Sky-City

• Broken scripts

If the scripts are significantly broken, a server may be delisted.

e.g. UltraMegaServer (UMS)

• Abusive administration

There may be administrators, but administrators that constantly harass players or actively encourage and wage war against other servers are not wanted and need not apply.

• Decline in quality or prestige

Servers that were once considered meeting the criteria for being an official server may be delisted later on if they fail to keep up with developments in the VC:MP community.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 11:54:07 pm »
ok thanks for that but I would like to hear on which point my server fails and on which it pass , I need to know it to improve my server , i hope your team won't mind that.
Vice City Cops 'n' Robbers is good for an even more relaxed style of gameplay than Argonath.

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:16 am »
It may fall under unique gameplay. If a developer were active, we'd usually join the server and try it to see if it should be official, and then that beta tester would put it to a vote. A lot of the stuff involving official servers is really subjective; what I posted is a general list of guidelines to see if you could make it.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:59 am »
well I think (just my thinking , idk yours or any other here) my server can fall under 2 categories "Significant technical achievement" because of many ingame commands which are not so easy to develop without lag (script lag not vps lag) and because of the technical advancements at the forum related to the ingame server like the player panel and the admin panel as i had described in my Server topic :

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5626.0

the other category is as you said "Unique Game play " as there is no other server with such stuffs upto date in VC:MP.

Still I would love to welcome all the views of beta testers to improve my server , thanks for your time and replies.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 04:23:08 am »
well, I cannot help in your assumptions but its not dm in any case.
Its the only so called rpg , rest rpg servers are out dated and usually offline giving reason to their script.
Next time don't assume and visit the server.
I'm not assuming, I have visited the server. Being able to rob banks and having a few cool commands like /c kidnap or /c rape doesn't really make the server a heavy RP server. The Cops and Robbers scheme itself is pretty much based on deathmatching and like one of your moderators said "the server is pretty much Cops and Robbers themed but with RPG elements" or something very similar. Well that seems to be the case. Look up LS-RP or Project Reality on SA-MP for instance, that's real heavy RP.
This is my point, actual roleplaying. To be quite honest though, even those servers aren't displaying the highest standards today. They still have a small amount of players with the roleplay I'm talking about, but a large amount of their community have bad roleplaying ability these days.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 11:04:34 am »
well, I cannot help in your assumptions but its not dm in any case.
Its the only so called rpg , rest rpg servers are out dated and usually offline giving reason to their script.
Next time don't assume and visit the server.
I'm not assuming, I have visited the server. Being able to rob banks and having a few cool commands like /c kidnap or /c rape doesn't really make the server a heavy RP server. The Cops and Robbers scheme itself is pretty much based on deathmatching and like one of your moderators said "the server is pretty much Cops and Robbers themed but with RPG elements" or something very similar. Well that seems to be the case. Look up LS-RP or Project Reality on SA-MP for instance, that's real heavy RP.
This is my point, actual roleplaying. To be quite honest though, even those servers aren't displaying the highest standards today. They still have a small amount of players with the roleplay I'm talking about, but a large amount of their community have bad roleplaying ability these days.
^ This I agree. Even in Argonath, noobs come in and start typing DM commands. They really don't know what ROLEPLAY means cause they spend to much time on DEATHMATCH servers..
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 11:26:31 am »
It's basically why I'm going to IVMP. SAMP has WAY too many servers to compete with and it's getting outdated, VCMP is simply way too small and has virtually no real roleplayers to start a roleplay server on.

Offline Darfy

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 12:22:16 am »
I would like to hear on which point my server fails
You might want to ask some of your staff members if they have any idea, because I have a feeling they do :)

Offline ksanjay

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 07:36:30 am »
nice information

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 10:50:44 am »
You might want to ask some of your staff members if they have any idea, because I have a feeling they do

Ah, I can be much more mysterious in my words so better be clear when you are pointing at something.
I like shot and clear words :D

if you don't want to say it in public , pm me that :)

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 09:56:20 am »
One of the big things that keeps SAMP alive and introduces people to it is roleplay servers. I dont think VCMP could handle a decent one though.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 12:44:34 pm »
San Andreas was already born as a game with RPG elements by Rockstar. You can't argue that with Vice City. Don't even compare this to IV. Vice City like III are the kind of a testing ground for the more popular GTA games. VC:MP does have the capability to make an RPG server but it's the way the owner make the server. Yeah Argonath RPG and Cops and Robbers aren't really good RPG in your opinion but they can do better. Argonath 2.0 which is squirrel based is more advance then the current version and has many things I'm still impressed with. For now, Argonath RPG is the best pawn RPG server there is.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 01:40:24 pm »
RP not RPG. RP is about portaying a character/life, RPG is about gaining levels and becoming the most powerful being in the game.

RP on VCMP is just as possible as it is on SAMP, but VCMP doesn't have the players.