Author Topic: New Member ...  (Read 3562 times)

Offline iTTEX

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
New Member ...
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:13:40 pm »
Howdy,

My name is João and I'm from Portugal. I played San Andreas Multiplayer for some years but the game that I always appreciate/like was Vice City.

I've find Vice City Multiplayer maybe 5-6 years ago, but when I try to play the server was full of hackers and that kind of stuff and I simple didn't play again. I'm trying to leave a Poker addiction that's why I need a distraction, and I pretend to start playing Chess and Vice City full time. I'm the kind of person that likes to talk a lot when is playing and sometimes I'm a little bit boring, if that happens I'm sorry is just my nature.

What I generally want is that some user helps me start with the right foot. I have some particular questions:

1. What is the server with most players? There is that kind of hackers in that server?
2. There is some role-play server in VC-MP? Vice City Deathmatch is not really my style.
3. Do you know any Portuguese player?  :-[
4. How many players have a normal server?
5. Vice City Multiplayer application have regular updates?

I take the game a little bit serious and I like to play with persons that like to play the same game as me, in this particular case Vice City, but there is some persons that just like to break everything and don't care about other persons.
That kind of players should all play in the same server...

Best Regards,
João Rodrigues

Offline MatheuS

• Made Man
  • Pawn And Squirrel Scripter
    • View Profile
    • Brazillian Community
Re: New Member ...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:27:58 pm »
Welcome/Bem Vindo
GL/Boa Sorte
Iam Speak Portuguese, My From Is Brazil  ;)

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »
Welcome to the community.

1. LW (little whitey's) is the server with biggest player count recently. Hackers are everywhere, but admins are constantly banning them.
2. Yes there are a few role play servers, I know just one - Argonath. But role play in VCMP is a bit different than in SAMP, due to VCMP scripting limitation. Anyway, most servers are more about fighting or mixed fighting-role play (buying cars, properties etc.).
3. You'll always find someone ;). But there are some Brazilians around, so you can talk with them.
4. Difficult question. Even good servers may have 0 or few players online. There are many empty servers, you will see this on the vcmp server list.
5. No regular updates. The latest R2 version was released at then end of year 2009 (with a few updates next months) and 0.4 being in progress now with ups & downs for. Huh, ask older players for how long :). There is currently a public test of the new version, but you should start with the mentioned R2.

Offline Voyboy

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:11:37 pm »
Welcome to the vcmp and have fun  ;).

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:16:54 pm »
You are welcome :P

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:33 am »
Welcome to the vcmp and have fun  ;).
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline iTTEX

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:33:43 am »
This forum have more activity that the one that I was waiting. That makes me happy and gives me strength to start playing and never stop.
I will be as more active as possible in-game, in this forum and in the irc server.
[AoD]NC thank you for your responses mate.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:36:05 am by iTTEX »

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 02:32:08 am »
Have you already played vcmp?
It you have got more questions, feel free to post them here ;).

Offline iTTEX

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 11:08:51 am »
Have you already played vcmp?
Yea. Today I'm going to play a lot of time.

More two questions:

1. What frame limit that I should use? When I was playing samp is normaly 48. My computer is a little bad, should I use frame limiter while playing vc-mp? What is the command?

2. Normally in vc-mp the gangs do "cw" clan wars?

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »
1. The default VC fps limit is 30, so if you had 48 in samp, there should be no problem with 30 fps in vcmp. There is a frame limiter option in display settings. Turning it off will get you almost unlimited fps, which only depends on the power of your computer. But many server owners have disabled this option, so you can play only with frame limiter on (30 fps). It's enough.

2. Clan wars. Hmm. Definitely less than in SA multiplayers, where they have sparring cws even everyday. CWs are mostly during some special tournaments.