Author Topic: ===> 0.4 Suggestions - Post here your suggestions  (Read 23530 times)

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
===> 0.4 Suggestions - Post here your suggestions
« on: September 07, 2013, 12:09:20 pm »
I made this topic to can post all our new suggestions here, to be easier for VC:MP Team to find them.

Here are my actual suggestions:
  • a function that will show/hide things from screen. (like radar, armour, health, time, stars, money, weapon' icon, the whole hud)
  • a function to attach an object to a vehicle/player. (tunning parts attached to vehicles, weapons attached to peds etc)
  • a function to shake the camera
  • a function to fade in/out the camera

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:34:19 pm by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
Re: ===> 0.4 Suggestions - Post here your suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:51 am »
a function that will show/hide things from screen. (like radar, armour, health, time, stars, money, weapon' icon, the whole hud)

Personally, I'm looking into ways of implementing this right now. Everything else seems feasible to implement.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 09:01:38 am »
This should be possible. I'm not sure which one you are thinking of but I'm thinking of the transition between Cutscene-Game and vice versa.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Machete

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 11:01:40 am »
Meh...
I want the radio to work properly.
I'm tired of listening to one song (per radio) all my time spent playing. :|

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 11:52:06 am »
Meh...
I want the radio to work properly.
I'm tired of listening to one song (per radio) all my time spent playing. :|

That's just default game functionality. Altering radio functionality would be an extremely low priority issue.

Offline sseebbyy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 12:47:49 pm »
This should be possible. I'm not sure which one you are thinking of but I'm thinking of the transition between Cutscene-Game and vice versa.

About that I am talking, but I am talking and about the fade in/out (to white) when you die/revive.

New suggestion: Loop animations (now you have LU source, so you can take a look there for the loop of animations)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:07:40 pm by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline NeskWriter

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 02:19:29 pm »
I made this topic to can post all our new suggestions here, to be easier for VC:MP Team to find them.

Here are my actual suggestions:
  • a function that will show/hide things from screen. (like radar, armour, health, time, stars, money, weapon' icon, the whole hud)
  • a function to attach an object to a vehicle/player. (tunning parts attached to vehicles, weapons attached to peds etc)
  • a function to shake the camera

Well, the Hud can be switched via game settings, but yeah, this'd be quick and easy.

-Funniest quotes-

Quote from: asad3man
i cant able to understand

Offline sseebbyy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »
Well, the Hud can be switched via game settings, but yeah, this'd be quick and easy.

Maybe scripters will have some ideas with the hud :P
Btw, if the hud is removed by a command, you will cannot enable it back with game settings :)

Offline NeskWriter

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 02:49:36 pm »

Maybe scripters will have some ideas with the hud :P
Btw, if the hud is removed by a command, you will cannot enable it back with game settings :)

yup

-Funniest quotes-

Quote from: asad3man
i cant able to understand

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 09:38:31 pm »
a function that will show/hide things from screen. (like radar, armour, health, time, stars, money, weapon' icon, the whole hud)

Personally, I'm looking into ways of implementing this right now. Everything else seems feasible to implement.
Move them outside the screen.

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:05 pm »
Move them outside the screen.

This could work, though simply keeping the game from drawing the HUD elements would be more elegant.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:14:31 pm by stormeus »

Offline MatheuS

• Made Man
  • Pawn And Squirrel Scripter
    • View Profile
    • Brazillian Community
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 10:52:53 pm »
Simple Suggestion

Type

SetWorldTime(Hour); to SetWoldTime(Hour, Minuite);

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »
SetWorldTime(Hour); to SetWoldTime(Hour, Minuite);

Already exists in Squirrel.

hh1729

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 04:42:28 am »
I thought of many suggestions in the past days and when i looked at the list of callbacks and functions, i was satisfied as many of my suggestion was already there.

1. Unicode Support if possible. I know there is problems. Most important one. Not all unicode letters we actually do not need. But the important ones. Please try developers.
2. Bots are impossible. right? But that would have shared a major part.

3. Sending key combinations to players. Server able to press a key of a client programically.
<Edit>No examples of this are getting in my mind now. But i will tell you why i had thought of this
In 0.3 there is no function to put a player in his vehicle as a passenger. So in some situations, i want the player to press tab. But if he is not pressing it, the server should send the key to the client. Anyhow, in 0.4 the problem is solved as we can put a player in any slot we want. But i wonder, similar situations arises especially in RPG, where we want the client to press a key forcefully. </Edit>

I will try to include more in future...

4. Considering client's privacy, please remove the message argument from the onPrivateMessage.
                  OnPrivateMessage(int nPlayerId, int nTargetId, const char* pszText)

5. Two events instead of some of special events.
Eg. void OnPlayerEnterVehicle(int nPlayerId, int nVehicleId, int nSlotId) is called when the player begins to enter the vehicle, if there was another event, which gets called after player enters the vehicle and shut the door. I use timers to do this. But as you know it is not a good idea.

6. The animation player drags the driver of the vehicle out.
<Edit> Let me explain it if you did not got it. In single player, when we go near a vehicle and press enter, tommy drags out the driver of the vehicle out. Just an animation. Likewise, if a player is in vehicle, another player should be able to drag him out of his vehicle if it is not locked!.</Edit>
7. Function to open and close doors of vehicles
8. Electric gates close and open with animation? I mean the movement of some objects.

Some of the functions seems very simple that some of us may think who want those functions. But you will find yourself in need of that at some point of time.

9. Passenger also should be able to driveby
10. Firetruck ability to extinguish fire. (Already added?)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:04:32 am by hh1729 »

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 07:39:09 am »
I thought of many suggestions in the past days and when i looked at the list of callbacks and functions, i was satisfied as many of my suggestion was already there.

1. Unicode Support if possible. I know there is problems. Most important one. Not all unicode letters we actually do not need. But the important ones. Please try developers.
VRocker left a nice explanation as to why this is currently is not feasible here:
http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=6092.msg36387#msg36387

2. Bots are impossible. right? But that would have shared a major part.
They're not impossible, but require a relatively large amount of effort to implement, sync, and test. I may have left a more detailed answer in another thread but the bottom line is that adding NPCs to 0.4 would significantly push back a release date, which we don't want to do.

3. Sending key combinations to players. Server able to press a key of a client programically.
Servers are already capable of binding keys to certain actions. If you can give a valid use case (preferably more) for this it can be considered, but for now it just seems sketchy for me.

I will try to include more in future...

4. Considering client's privacy, please remove the message argument from the onPrivateMessage.
                  OnPrivateMessage(int nPlayerId, int nTargetId, const char* pszText)
Oh boy, this is a topic I've been wanting to discuss for a while now.

No. None of what I'm about to say is an official statement on behalf of the entire dev team, but this is how I see it:

The messages you send in VC:MP should not be expected to be completely private. You are not sending private messages in the strict sense of them being private. You are sending PERSONAL messages: something that is intended to be delivered only to another person. However, it may be important for a server to monitor these personal messages for the sake of enforcing any rules it may have.

And now on to a more pressing point, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy when using a multiplayer game client for private communication. Even if we were to remove it ourselves, there is nothing stopping people from modifying the 0.4 server to allow it, or even reversing the entire server like has been done with Squirrel in 0.3. Packets are not hard to intercept and interpret either. Or, servers could take the lazy route and disable personal messages altogether.

If you are truly concerned about your messages being logged or seen by another admin, you have no business expecting privacy in a multiplayer game that sends those messages over an insecure channel. The idea that no one else should ever see them because they're "labeled" as private is hogwash.

To give you a further example, none of the messages you send on an SMF forum are private. Any admin with database access or a modified forum can see then. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy when communicating on a website you don't own, and they have their rights to monitor those messages as they please. If they couldn't, they could easily modify the forum to do so.

If you expect complete privacy in a private message feature like this, it's my firm belief that you should stop using the in-game messaging for that. Take it to IRC if you want privacy, or if you want to go there, use Cryptocat. However, please do not tell me personally that we should disable this across all servers because of your or anyone else's moral belief that it should be completely private. It's not private, and it never will be. It's personal.

This isn't a rant targeted at you alone. Rather, this is a post for anyone who is of the firmest, utmost belief that monitoring private messages is immoral, unethical, and wrong. These messages have been monitorable since 0.3 though, possibly earlier, yet there's been an occasional pattern where someone asking how to log messages is called out for being some sort of privacy leaker worse than the NSA. Why is it such a problem, though, and why now?

Again, I can't speak for maxorator or the LU Devs on this matter.

5. Two events instead of some of special events.
Eg. void OnPlayerEnterVehicle(int nPlayerId, int nVehicleId, int nSlotId) is called when the player begins to enter the vehicle, if there was another event, which gets called after player enters the vehicle and shut the door. I use timers to do this. But as you know it is not a good idea.
OnPlayerRequestEnter is called when a player requests to enter a vehicle. The server can choose to refuse entry there. OnPlayerEnterVehicle is called when they have entered successfully.

6. The animation player drags the driver of the vehicle out.
Not sure what this means or why it's needed.

7. Function to open and close doors of vehicles
Setting a vehicle's part status may be used to accomplish this, not sure though. I'll check later, when I'm not on a phone.

8. Electric gates close and open with animation? I mean the movement of some objects.
Objects can already be moved and they can be moved smoothly in any direction, e.g. an electric gate.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:52:56 am by stormeus »