Author Topic: ULK - United Legion of Killers-Since 2003 - www.ulkgang.com  (Read 28683 times)

Offline ULK.SGB

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
ULK - United Legion of Killers-Since 2003 - www.ulkgang.com
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:52:32 am »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:21:52 am by stormeus »

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com
Re: ULK - United Legion of Killers
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:11:49 am »
ULK has existed since 2003. We are not fake. Seph left ULK.  Please do not post in our thread. Have a good day.

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:11 am »
http://www.ulkgang.com is the current forum. We had to use a new forum because they locked us out of our previous forum.
Only real ULK members should post in this thread.
We also have an IRC channel on GTANET under #ulk
Have a good day.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:41:20 am by ULK.D »

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:28:14 am »
The old ULK site. http://www.screenshots.com/ulkgang.com/2005-02-26 is proof. Ulkgang.com existed before.

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:52:25 pm by ULK.D »

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 03:54:01 pm »
We are the real ULK. Have a good day.

Offline hazz

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 03:58:27 pm »
Aye, the new ULK thread should read ULK - Since 2009 (2010?). This here is the 2003 one, the original.

Well this will be a bit of a rant, partly in reply to that essay on the front page of Aki's site (that in all honestly I only skimmed through), partly my own musings. This is my stance on the current state of things.

We can't really contest them carrying the tag, but we can and do object to it. Aki had a role in helping to build the clan for vcmp, no doubt in that, but he also managed to corrupt it. And then, when everybody agreed to demote him for his actions, he calls our votes fraud, and splits the clan. At least now he lives up to his reputation. People outside the clan have been considering him a de facto leader of ULK for a long time and I always objected to it, claiming us a democracy where nobody really stood above anyone. Yet when it came to aki, the principle for some reason didn't apply. Heh. At least now he's proven everybody right with his new clan of mutineers.

As to the ULK old leadership style (council) vs the democracy part. The council didn't really decide anything even back in the day. Most stuff was still voted on, and the truly active members of the council were Zircon and Head. Since the former has not really been around, I'll use the latter to make my point later. People always looked up to Head, in MTA and vcmp. The council's higher power was never really used, that I recall. And Akiharu quoting Zircon's post as part of the reason for their defection clearly shows zero common sense. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply, and he managed to take it seriously. This is a good example to illustrate what I mean when when I talk of having heart. I've used this argument in both XE and ULK - this is a game, why turn it into a bureaucracy. Just go by common sense. Head got to his prominent position in ULK and XE because he's a decent human being. Not because he had to wrestle and manipulate for power. People look(ed) up to him out of respect, even when we had no elected leader. The guy you faux-ULKs went with and look up to had to do the exact opposite to secure his position.

Does that not bother you? How can that not bother you?

This clan is about fraternization. F R A T E R N I Z A T I O N. ULK was always about the people, not the viewer count your forums hit per month or how much players your server gets. If the people want to defect to a leader of such ill repute over a manipulative guilt trip or for a better chance at admin on XE, well.. People follow people they can identify with and respect I guess. To be honest though, it does make me a bit sad and surprised to see some of the people on their list, and not so surprised at a bunch of others.

We'll be carrying the tag as the true and original owners of it. The people who created this tag and made it what it is, have all stuck together. It's a fact aki had a big part in building the new ULK, but it was also ruined in spirit by him. It's a shame they picked this tag post division, I wish they had the decency to at least get a new one for their organization.

So to the guys who went with the new one, please take a breather and think where you're at. If you're fine with being in that gathering of people, it's fine, but would you please kindly change your tag. Granted, we made a lot of this clan's history together but right now you're staining a good thing with a lot of history from way before you joined. Nobody will think less of you if you go with a new one, and on the other hand, we'd gladly welcome a few of you back to our ranks. But this tag doesn't belong to you, a lot of you were loyal brothers, so I have faith in your clear mind and hope you realize that this new thing you've joined, it's not ULK. The tag, the brand, the name, it's ours. The new organization is all yours, call it what you wish, just not ULK.

As I hear some that went with the new branch are claiming these ULKs here have 'left the clan'. I can assure you we have done no such thing and we'll be playing under this tag. Except on XE where we get kicked by the clan script. But to the admins on other servers: please do not kick us as "fake ULKs"; if anything you could do that to the new branch - though I understand that's asking for a lot - so I think simply abstaining from all this is a reasonable request.

To those who made the effort to read through this, thank you for your time.

Offline ULK.Bishop

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 05:37:54 pm »
Everything hazz just said is well-written, brings up good points and is correct.

Just they a group of trollers who don't have a point. It's doubly pointless to validate anything they say by replying.

I don't call them trollers as an insult, I call them that because they show up on irc 40 times a day trying to stir things up and because once they give up our tag, we don't have anything to talk about.

Minus our tag we have no business with them and that makes the trollers in the functional sense of the word.

And so no, it won't be new ULK or vcmp ULK since 2009, it will be "Whatever - since 2013".

But because every single last of us ULK, who founded ULK, who owns the right to the name say they are not ULK, nothing else matters.

What they do in clan that isn't stealing our name and trolling is their business.

Looking back it was time to clean the lamers out from the ranks and now we got an official list on "Whatever - since 2013's" page.

I heard people say that, that list is a list of the bullied kids from ULK who had no friends and that's why they sold out for admin on XE, they didn't have any friends to betray anyway or any respect to lose.

I'd say that's not entirely true, not including pakiharu and sephi. Besides it's a crude generalization.
It was weird to see people like kong and olvido to sell out sgb and head for admin on the same server sgb and head made for them, playing from the training they got from sgb and head.

I mean I know I put in an effort to call people out on the regular but why punish your whole clan for that.

But I get it, we had a group of people who never got any respect and never had any friends and ironically seeing them act this way now validates that exact opinion of them. The person you are is the reason you never had any friends or got any respect.

"We didn't get any respect when we were TLK, least of all from bishop, so now we try and steal their tag and troll them, because frankly, we have nothing left to lose or anything better to do. And!!! we even get admin on XE as a reward!!1on1o1n

What does the future hold for them ?

Win a war with our training and tactics we wrote ?

Or lose a war without our players ?

Give XE back to SGB, remove the phony tag and stop trolling, then you can talk about what you will build from 2013.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:33:36 pm »
Remember to keep things civil or both ULK clan threads will be locked here.

Nothing extreme stands out in particular, but just in case this discussion does reach that level.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline ULK.D

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • www.ulkgang.com
Re: ULK - United Legion of Killers - Since 2003
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:46 am »
New TLKs Kamatro, Kroto, and SFi7z.
Congratulations to Kamatro, Kroto, and SFi7z!

Offline Klaus_Meine

• Street Thug
  • [EAF]
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »
Not sure why the other ULK topic was locked, but in reply to the post by aki:

Quote from: ulkaki
Zircon LEFT ULK
Then where is his official resignation? Are there witnesses to him actually leaving?
If ulkgang.com was really the real ULK site, why has the old site been dead for 8 years?
Well AFAIK didn't you make a new website for ULK at some point in the past so they switched to that one?
MTA is not VC:MP.
Not sure what you're trying to get at here, I'm pretty sure that the ULK that was on MTA is the same ULK that is on VC:MP?
Zircon, D and others - you guys had no part in building ULK in VC:MP
That may be true, but does having a part in 'building' a clan automatically give ownership rights? Not usually.
ULK does not have an official leader.
Again this could  be true, but like I said before the founder(s) would still have ownership rights over the name/tag.

Offline ulkaki

• Made Man
  • www.xe-servers.com www.ulk-gang.com
    • View Profile
    • XE Servers
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 09:44:52 pm »
I believe the most important, and actually, the only point left for me to try and drive across is that

ULK doesn't have an official leader and every single decision is decided based on majority vote.

As previously stated, the majority has decided NOT to leave to ulkgang.com/fmjclan.co.uk and have decided to remain at ulk-gang.com. Surely you don't expect everyone on this roster to drop their tags just because a minority group within the clan decided to leave?

Also, the part about Zircon having left and only come back until recently can be corroborated by both sides. Actually, the ex-ULKs here have also insisted on this equal votes policy, repeatedly saying that no such council exists, and that they believe exactly what we believe in - THAT EVERYONE'S SAY IS EQUAL. Given their logic, my above point about majority rule really can't be made any clearer.

Offline Klaus_Meine

• Street Thug
  • [EAF]
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 09:56:44 pm »
the majority has decided NOT to leave to ulkgang.com/fmjclan.co.uk and have decided to remain at ulk-gang.com. Surely you don't expect everyone on this roster to drop their tags just because a minority group within the clan decided to leave?
The problem lies in that within that 'minority' are the original founder(s) of the clan (correct me if I'm wrong) and they're the ones who own the tag.

Offline ulkaki

• Made Man
  • www.xe-servers.com www.ulk-gang.com
    • View Profile
    • XE Servers
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »
If we really wanted to make it sound ugly, based on majority rules, anyone can be voted out of the clan (given that it is a majority vote). That means that technically, we (the majority) can say that we kicked these members out of the clan (even though that is not what we did). Unless, of course, they believe that they are "special" members in the gang - in other words, that majority rules don't apply to them - THAT even if the majority of members in the clan vote for it, they cannot be kicked.

Please understand my logic here. It's actually quite simple - much simpler than you think.