Author Topic: GUPS 1.17 Fixed version (And a extra script!)  (Read 6696 times)

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
GUPS 1.17 Fixed version (And a extra script!)
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:21:22 pm »
GUPS 1.17 Fixed version

FIXED:
!getcar,
!deposit,
!withdraw,
!givecash

IMPORTANT: You MUST use the pawno from the script or at least copy /pawno/include/ntsys.inc to /yourpawnodirectory/include/ to modify/edit the script. If you dont you will get this:
Fatal error (xx): Can not read from file ntsys.
I told you about an extra script in the title, right? Well, its a roleplay script. To use it, open pawno, look at the top and change new ROLEPLAY_MODE = 0; to new ROLEPLAY_MODE = 1;

~Note: This script is untested~
~Note: The credit is not stolen, thus the credits to gups scripters is still there~
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:06:47 am by NE.Restricted »
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!
i cant able to understand

Offline aledark24

• Made Man
  • I am a scripter and you have celous of me....so you crashed my servers
    • View Profile
Re: GUPS 1.17 Fixed version (And a extra script!)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:51:50 am »
GUPS 1.17 Fixed version

FIXED:
!getcar,
!deposit,
!withdraw,
!givecash

IMPORTANT: You MUST use the pawno from the script or at least copy /pawno/include/ntsys.inc to /yourpawnodirectory/include/ to modify/edit the script. If you dont you will get this:
I told you about an extra script in the title, right? Well, its a roleplay script. To use it, open pawno, look at the top and change new ROLEPLAY_MODE = 0; to new ROLEPLAY_MODE = 1;

~Note: The credit is not stolen, thus the credits to gups scripters is still there~

First... you only change the name of the inc of madara and added some things of madara... nothing else..

I know the inc of madara, you only change the name and you "roleplay mode 1" pff  :P :P :o :o :o
I am a great scripter and you are celous of my works

Vice City Life Multiplayer By Saint

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:02:47 am »
GUPS 1.17 Fixed version

FIXED:
!getcar,
!deposit,
!withdraw,
!givecash

First... you only change the name of the inc of madara and added some things of madara... nothing else..

I know the inc of madara, you only change the name and you "roleplay mode 1" pff  :P :P :o :o :o
I found out that i should give the madara credit too late. It was after I posted it. Anyways, I am not a thief and I don't steal credits.
And now I have a better ntencrypt(i just didnt posted it yet) you just change stock ntencrypt(val[]) return hash(val); to stock ntencrypt(val[]) return hash(hash(hash(val)));

OFFTOPIC: You dont have to always reply with quotes
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 06:25:36 pm »
why hash 3 times? That's stupid, you will have a bigger rate of collisions when typing passwords, so you could be able to login with fsdghas when the password is bananas.

Use only one hash or none at all.
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 09:52:12 am »
why hash 3 times? That's stupid, you will have a bigger rate of collisions when typing passwords, so you could be able to login with fsdghas when the password is bananas.

Use only one hash or none at all.
A different hash is not used on login.
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 01:10:03 pm »
you lack some brain cells, but that's fine.

THE thing is, hashing it 3 times is not safe as it can produce collisions

hashing a hash is as stupid as it sounds.
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 07:32:31 pm »

return from ntencrypt("bananas"): 153616851
return from ntencrypt("fsdghas"): 155976153

You failed
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 10:56:25 pm »

You failed

What heekzs presented was a theoretical example of what is known as a hash collision. Please read at least the first few paragraphs of this Wikipedia article, because what you posted is ignorant of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision_(computer_science)

That being said, using multiple iterations of a hashing method is not insecure in and of itself, and makes it more difficult to compute hashes since each hash iteration takes longer to calculate. The tradeoff is that this also slows down your server, which would not be necessary if your hashes were salted properly.

The only time collisions would become a concern, which is highly unlikely due to the extreme unlikelihood of a collision ever occurring, is that if, by chance, one of the hashes in your sequence has a collision, then all of the hashes generated from that hash will also collide.

See also:
Key stretching
Do not PM me for support.

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:39 am »

You failed

What heekzs presented was a theoretical example of what is known as a hash collision. Please read at least the first few paragraphs of this Wikipedia article, because what you posted is ignorant of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collision_(computer_science)

That being said, using multiple iterations of a hashing method is not insecure in and of itself, and makes it more difficult to compute hashes since each hash iteration takes longer to calculate. The tradeoff is that this also slows down your server, which would not be necessary if your hashes were salted properly.

The only time collisions would become a concern, which is highly unlikely due to the extreme unlikelihood of a collision ever occurring, is that if, by chance, one of the hashes in your sequence has a collision, then all of the hashes generated from that hash will also collide.

See also:
Key stretching
I have read it but I dont understand that how do these 2 have the same hash value.
If it makes lag, I could use a timer, variable and a loop.
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 09:03:34 pm »
I have read it but I dont understand that how do these 2 have the same hash value.
If it makes lag, I could use a timer, variable and a loop.

Timers and loops are not a solution for lag as now your scripts will lag when the timer runs. The real solution would be to fix what makes it lag.

As for hash collisions, again, it was a theoretical example. Those two values will not actually produce the same hash. It's just an example of how two values can produce the same values. Hash algorithms ALWAYS have a small chance of two values having the same output, but it's miniscule; too small to worry about on an everyday basis, really.
Do not PM me for support.