Author Topic: What about version 1.1?  (Read 12118 times)

Offline AMachini

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
What about version 1.1?
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:48:47 pm »
Hello guys. I want to buy Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on Steam but it looks that VC:MP 0.3z r2 only supports version 1.0 (the version on Steam is 1.1). Will be supported the version 1.1 of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in VC:MP 0.4? My purchase depends of your answer. Sincerely I want to buy it mainly because of the multiplayer. Greetings guys :)

Offline ZeruelHD

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Re: What about version 1.1?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:13:46 pm »
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/site.php?postnum=1920 (You must take 1.0)

OR

http://www.gtainside.com/download.php?do=getfile&id=369&t=1 (That im using in german steam version is blood not avaible thats why im using thats here )

Download once from this file.....

Replace with your gta-vc.exe :)

sorry for engrish :P :D

Add me on Steam when you need more help : zeruel99

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:28:12 pm »
Hello guys. I want to buy Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on Steam but it looks that VC:MP 0.3z r2 only supports version 1.0 (the version on Steam is 1.1). Will be supported the version 1.1 of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in VC:MP 0.4? My purchase depends of your answer. Sincerely I want to buy it mainly because of the multiplayer. Greetings guys :)

The Steam version is planned to be supported in 0.4. For now, check out Zeruel's response. Happy playing!
Do not PM me for support.

Offline AMachini

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:49:11 pm »

The Steam version is planned to be supported in 0.4. For now, check out Zeruel's response. Happy playing!

Thank you stormeous! You made me happy with this answer.
And ZeruelHD, thank you for your tip, but I prefer to not modify the game at all. I'll play single player missions meanwhile :)
Another question: What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.1? ???

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 12:32:57 am »
What's the difference between 1.0 and 1.1?

The 1.1 patch for Vice City was a very, very minor patch that fixed some problems people were reporting with polygon corruption back in 2003/2004. It's not a prevalent issue, and no one reports it nowadays even with a 1.0 EXE, but the problem with 1.1 is that it almost completely rearranges the way memory is structured, making it more annoying to reverse engineer it when all the addresses that were discovered had changed.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline AMachini

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »

The 1.1 patch for Vice City was a very, very minor patch that fixed some problems people were reporting with polygon corruption back in 2003/2004. It's not a prevalent issue, and no one reports it nowadays even with a 1.0 EXE, but the problem with 1.1 is that it almost completely rearranges the way memory is structured, making it more annoying to reverse engineer it when all the addresses that were discovered had changed.

Oh, okay, so I'll be patient.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »

Oh, okay, so I'll be patient.
You can actually keep your steam version exe.
If you want to play VCMP you just point the client to the 1.0 exe.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 11:16:15 pm »
If you are interested in installing mods for your Vice City, you should take 1.0 anyway. Every VC mod works on the 1.0 version, but not many on 1.1.

Offline AMachini

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 06:32:19 am »
You can actually keep your steam version exe.
If you want to play VCMP you just point the client to the 1.0 exe.

I don't understand what are you saying. Could you explain me please?

If you are interested in installing mods for your Vice City, you should take 1.0 anyway. Every VC mod works on the 1.0 version, but not many on 1.1.

I don't want to install mods, [AoD]NC:

I prefer to not modify the game at all.

Offline Jellyfish

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 04:57:43 pm »

Well the VC:MP client asks you to locate your VC:MP directory doesn't it. I imagine it would be something along the lines of moving the steam.exe somewhere else and simply placing the 1.0 exe in the Grant Theft Auto directory. It'll just detect the 1.0 version and launch the game.

Offline AMachini

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 07:58:07 pm »

Well the VC:MP client asks you to locate your VC:MP directory doesn't it. I imagine it would be something along the lines of moving the steam.exe somewhere else and simply placing the 1.0 exe in the Grant Theft Auto directory. It'll just detect the 1.0 version and launch the game.

Nope. Steam downloads the game in a folder, just like installing it with CD. If I do this I'll replace the executable file, or not?