Author Topic: Questions about 0.4  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Aleph-Zero

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Questions about 0.4
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »
I've got some questions that i couldn't find any answers for. Feel free to put them in a FAQ if you answer them  :P

1. I heard 0.4 will be supporting the steam version. Will it be supporting the actual steam version executable, or just putting the 1.0 executable in the folder and launching from it as a workaround?
1.1. If it's supporting the actual steam version exe, will it still support the 1.0 exe? That sounds like double the work.

2. Will it still be supporting mIRC? (Not encouraging it, really sounds like a huge holdback)

2. Who is developing VC-MP and what are their roles?

3. Do you use any kind of, private, revision control for the project? Like SVN, git, etc.
3.1 Are you accepting contributors?

4. I know the release date for 0.4 is "when it's done.", but,  by any chance, is it coming in 2014?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:23:17 pm by Aleph-Zero »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about 0.4
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:53 pm »
1. I heard 0.4 will be supporting the steam version. Will it be supporting the 1.1 executable, or just putting the 1.0 executable in the folder and launching from it as a workaround?
The Steam EXE itself will be supported.

1.1. If it's supporting the actual 1.1 exe, will it still support the 1.0 exe? That sounds like double the work.
The 1.0 EXE will also continue to be supported; maxorator would be better able to explain how much work it was since was entirely his design.

2. Will it still be supporting mIRC? (Not encouraging it, really sounds like a huge holdback)
No, and I don't even think mIRC is supported now. No mIRC server was release for 0.3z R2; only Pawn saw an official release. 0.4 will not ship with any plugins for scripting in mIRC, and doing so would be highly inadvisable.

2. Who is developing VC-MP and what are their roles?

maxorator
VC:MP Lead Developer, has written by far the majority of 0.4.

Stormeus
VC:MP Developer (in training, somewhat); mostly performs small tasks and minor bugfixing; has also written the 0.4 Squirrel plugin to be used on final release

bakasan
VC:MP Developer, has written many parts of 0.3; largely inactive nowadays

Falcon
VC:MP Developer, has written many parts of 0.3; largely inactive nowadays

VRocker, AdTec_224, Force, Juppi
LU Developers, contribute to the codebase and help with various problems; wrote the base for the 0.4 server browser as well as the unofficial 0.3 Squirrel Server

3. Do you use any kind of, private, revision control for the project? Like SVN, git, etc.
Yes.

3.1 Are you accepting contributors?
No, VC:MP is not an open-source project. Developers are recruited as seen fit.

4. I know the release date for 0.4 is "when it's done.", but,  by any chance, is it coming in 2014?
Most probably.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Aleph-Zero

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

Offline maxorator

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:42:00 pm »
1. I heard 0.4 will be supporting the steam version. Will it be supporting the 1.1 executable, or just putting the 1.0 executable in the folder and launching from it as a workaround?
The Steam EXE itself will be supported.

1.1. If it's supporting the actual 1.1 exe, will it still support the 1.0 exe? That sounds like double the work.
The 1.0 EXE will also continue to be supported; maxorator would be better able to explain how much work it was since was entirely his design.
Steam EXE is not the same as 1.1 EXE. 0.4 will support 1.0 and Steam versions, but not 1.1. To go into more technical details, there are separate VC:MP DLLs compiled for the 1.0 and Steam versions, and the launcher will decide which one to use based on which executable the user has. Steam version support does not require any actual source code changes to VC:MP, instead the source code that is compatible with Steam version is automatically generated from the base VC:MP source code based on address differences in the executables and a list of patches for a few parts that cannot be converted just by adjusting memory addresses.

Offline Aleph-Zero

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:22:12 pm »
Interesting. At first i thought you were doing pattern matching to support all exes. Could be viable with only a slight increase in the loading time though, depending on the algorithm.

About the steam version not being 1.1, i'll fix my post. I always thought it was  :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:26:05 pm by Aleph-Zero »

Offline ZeruelHD

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 05:12:06 am »
Two questions about VCMP :

Will VCMP support Controller like Xbox360

and

will be add swimming in vcmp?

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 05:36:02 am »
Will VCMP support Controller like Xbox360
No. If controllers don't work in the base game, 0.4 will not support controllers as well.

No, and probably not ever.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline rohit16

• Street Thug
  • I AM BEST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 10:45:57 am »
o.4 show reason of death like some time player burn with his own mol sometime others guy mol  die but message come player die but no reason come.so 0.4 show msg of death ???

or lag problem fix in 0.4

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 02:06:42 pm »
Lag can never be fixed through clients or servers. It all depends on hardware both player and host.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Aleph-Zero

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »

Just set the gravity to 10%. It's pretty much swimming when you go to water  ;D Slow, but you'll get there.

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »

Just set the gravity to 10%. It's pretty much swimming when you go to water  ;D Slow, but you'll get there.

Hahaha, I remember good old times when I had such a fun with my friends on my server...
You can speed up the game too, and you will move actually in the water, where you want. :D

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.