Author Topic: VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #3  (Read 57010 times)

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Re: VC:MP 0.4 Public Beta #3
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2014, 08:03:02 am »
I mean. in MVL can be loaded custom script which allow you do something with vc. For example you can shoot m4 with explosion and it is require python.

I don't get it.
This is a multiplayer mod, where you are able to create your own scripts. All new features will be implemented exactly like the old features, what would be the point of creating another system that loads scripts, since the actual system is already doing that.

Ps: I never scripted for mvl, or added any script, so if there is something that I'm wrong, tell me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:08:43 am by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline dynavolt71

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2014, 02:03:24 am »
Maybe you right this is multiplayer. But where i can found callbacks and function list on 0.4 ?
[PAWNO]Fix Error " Failed to set data for "" " - http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5743.0

:'(

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2014, 08:15:11 am »
http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5028.0

Last update was a while ago, will get around to updating it later.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2014, 08:16:44 am »
Maybe you right this is multiplayer. But where i can found callbacks and function list on 0.4 ?

Check the news board, there is already that list.
But id you reffer to a wiki of 0.4, then you have to wait for the release of the client first, OBVIOUS.

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Rugg

• Street Thug
  • OSK Clan | Co-Leader
    • View Profile
    • OSK Clan
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:49 am »
this is great work :'(

Offline dynavolt71

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »
Seems good. but to add new weapons, same method like add weapon in MVL ?
[PAWNO]Fix Error " Failed to set data for "" " - http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5743.0

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »
You place the files in a separate folder and they get loaded

Offline dynavolt71

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2014, 02:10:52 pm »
packaged on 7z archive ?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:12:40 pm by dynavolt71 »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2014, 04:25:01 pm »
packaged on 7z archive ?

Yes. There's a certain name format that the server uses to determine what type of weapon a custom weapon should act like.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Franklin

• Wiseguy
  • WiSeGuY
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2014, 10:22:52 pm »
vcmp 0.4 will have a beta 4? or only the devs are fixing the errors for release of the 0.4?

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2014, 11:41:55 pm »
0.4 may have to be issued because the longer it been now a long time and it was a lot of beta testing. Spend and go with it.

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2014, 06:57:42 pm »
One question though. When we'll be able to download the 0.4 server and build our own modules. I know you said that you don't want anyone to bother you with this question. But let's say that I wan't to build a new module. Probably add support for a new scripting language like ChaiScript. Wouldn't be easier if you would allow people to contribute? Who knows maybe it's just me thinking that but sometimes that speeds up development. I'm new to VC:MP but I find it interesting and would like to learn more.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:51:58 am by S.L.C »

Offline Castagna

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Made Man
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2014, 12:30:27 am »
One question though. When we'll be able to download the 0.4 server and build our own modules. I know you said that you don't want anyone to bother you with this question. But let's say that I wan't to build a new module. Probably add support for a new scripting language like AngelScript. Wouldn't be easier if you would allow people to contribute? Who knows maybe it's just me thinking that but sometimes that speeds up development. I'm new to VC:MP but I find it interesting and would like to learn more.
VC:MP is not an open source project, neither 0.4 will ever be now. Plugins were released for the plublic in case you would like to see progress/features, both linux and windows servers will be released within a reasonable period before the final 0.4 release for servers owners to re-write/create their servers. I doubt about the chance of having more plugins compatible with 0.4 servers, besides from the Squirrel language (kinda new official language), Python, and so on. Even if you speak about speeding up the development, note that all the planned plugins are almost done, it wouldn't speed the things up if we stretch out for unplanned codding lang plugins.
Castagna - EA Founder

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2014, 06:52:26 am »
VC:MP is not an open source project, neither 0.4 will ever be now. Plugins were released for the plublic in case you would like to see progress/features, both linux and windows servers will be released within a reasonable period before the final 0.4 release for servers owners to re-write/create their servers. I doubt about the chance of having more plugins compatible with 0.4 servers, besides from the Squirrel language (kinda new official language), Python, and so on. Even if you speak about speeding up the development, note that all the planned plugins are almost done, it wouldn't speed the things up if we stretch out for unplanned codding lang plugins.

But that would be just like a personal project and wouldn't interfere with the developers business to slow them down. And nobody asked to release the source code. Just some binaries to test our modules with and get used to the new version or maybe to even try and port our things and see how it goes. Anyway, sorry for bothering and I hope you'll take into consideration what I've said so far.

Offline Castagna

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Made Man
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2014, 08:01:10 am »
You could port things maybe once the whole thing is done, everything under development approval. Anyhow, I would let your question in hands of any VC:MP developer.  :)

Castagna - EA Founder