Author Topic: Which is good script for vcmp server?...  (Read 6620 times)

Offline Special

• Street Thug
  • Live Free Or Die Hard..!!!
    • View Profile
Which is good script for vcmp server?...
« on: August 12, 2014, 06:29:29 am »
i dnt know about vcmp server scripts
i need to know which is best for beginners;!

can we make vcmp server with any one of them?
C , PHP , JavaScript , SQL , Python , Ruby Or Perl...

Please guys tell me i want to make my own server...

waiting for ur replies...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:05:58 pm by Special »

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Every One...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:31:09 pm »
You could make it with Pawn and squirrel.
Use GUPS or the fixed version by me when scroll to other pages on script releases
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!
i cant able to understand

Offline Special

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:26 pm »
what is gups?

Offline Castagna

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Made Man
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:18:52 am »
what is gups?
GUPS is a released public gamemode/script made in PAWN. Though, the majority use squirrel platform, since the syntax is similar to C/C++/Java, pretty much easier then PAWN, and it kinda gives you more VC:MP scripting features/stability.

Castagna - EA Founder

Offline Special

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:48 am »
GUPS is a Script Or Software Like Notepad ++?

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »
GUPS is a scripts. The software to use is PAWN. I might upload a video about pawn if you want.
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!

Offline Special

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »
GUPS is a scripts. The software to use is PAWN. I might upload a video about pawn if you want.

Yes i want plz upload... and 1 more question Gups is script and pawn is software right.!
then what is Squirrel???

Offline Castagna

• Made Man
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:47 pm »
The software you use is PAWNO. PAWN is the scripting launguage itself.

Squirrel is also a scripting language. You can use Notepad ++ if you want to write squirrel scripts.
Castagna - EA Founder

Offline NE.Restricted

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 09:50:16 pm »
The software you use is PAWNO. PAWN is the scripting launguage itself.

Squirrel is also a scripting language. You can use Notepad ++ if you want to write squirrel scripts.
I made a mistake in writing. I meant to wrote pawno. btw thanks for help
I am NE.CrystalBlue!!!

Offline Special

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Re: Which is good script for vcmp server?...
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 12:19:22 am »
Pawno Gups Pawn Squirrel .......... can any one explain them at length?
& where i can download them..

and i need squirrel script basics...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:20:54 am by Special »

Offline T800

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 07:50:53 pm »
Hi Special,

Well, let me try to explain them as short, as possible:

• PAWN: Like the others above already mentioned, it is a scripting language, which allows you to create your own gamemode for games, like VC:MP, or SA-MP. Unfortunatelly, it won't be supported in the upcoming release of VC:MP (0.4) at all (which btw. i myself highly disagree for several reasons, but this is another story), so basically it doesn't worth to learn, if you plan to script only and specifically for VC:MP. Related materials are available below:

• Pawno: First and foremost, you'd know, that PAWN scripts cannot be used in their "raw", human readable format (.pwn files), so they have to be compiled to binary format (.amx), which can be done with a compiler (pawncc.exe in this case). This way, Pawno is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment), basically, a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for the compiler and an editor in one. In order to get it, just follow the instructions, described in my earlier post.
  • GUPS: The name is an acronym and covers the following: General Use Pawn Scripts. It's a script, written in Pawn language by Tamas, however, the original version (GUS) - for mIRC based servers - was released by Tommis.
  • Squirrel: It's also a scripting language, just like Pawn, but it's a completely different one of course, with different philosophy, structure, syntax, etc.. Another significant difference is, that these scripts can be precompiled (.cnut files), but it isn't necessary at all (.nut files). Anyways, Squirrel compiler isn't available as a binary, but you have to compile it yourself from sources. Related materials:

That's all for now :) , but please, let me know, if you need any further help.

Kind regards,
T800

Offline Special

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 01:12:26 am »
Hi Special,

Well, let me try to explain them as short, as possible:

• PAWN: Like the others above already mentioned, it is a scripting language, which allows you to create your own gamemode for games, like VC:MP, or SA-MP. Unfortunatelly, it won't be supported in the upcoming release of VC:MP (0.4) at all (which btw. i myself highly disagree for several reasons, but this is another story), so basically it doesn't worth to learn, if you plan to script only and specifically for VC:MP. Related materials are available below:

• Pawno: First and foremost, you'd know, that PAWN scripts cannot be used in their "raw", human readable format (.pwn files), so they have to be compiled to binary format (.amx), which can be done with a compiler (pawncc.exe in this case). This way, Pawno is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment), basically, a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for the compiler and an editor in one. In order to get it, just follow the instructions, described in my earlier post.
  • GUPS: The name is an acronym and covers the following: General Use Pawn Scripts. It's a script, written in Pawn language by Tamas, however, the original version (GUS) - for mIRC based servers - was released by Tommis.
  • Squirrel: It's also a scripting language, just like Pawn, but it's a completely different one of course, with different philosophy, structure, syntax, etc.. Another significant difference is, that these scripts can be precompiled (.cnut files), but it isn't necessary at all (.nut files). Anyways, Squirrel compiler isn't available as a binary, but you have to compile it yourself from sources. Related materials:

That's all for now :) , but please, let me know, if you need any further help.

Kind regards,
T800

Hi

thanks alot T800 u gave me whole information I need u r the best :)..
but i have some questions..

which is better squirrel or pawn?
which script i should learn first?
can i write and compile these scripts in notepad ++?

Offline Castagna

• Made Man
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 02:51:19 am »
Asking about which is better is probably a personal question :P

I feel better using squirrel due to the syntax overall. Squirrel servers have been improved/updated and exclusive scripting features included, so you can expect a better platform using squirrel language. But note that both languages are also limited by R2 version as well. If i had to pick one, i'd directly start learning squirrel since it is more "easier" to read, and it has a similar syntax with C++/java/etc.

This forum has exclusive PAWN scripting and general VC:MP support. I suggest you (in case you pick squirrel), submit an account in the unofficial forums which is full squirrel scripting support.
Castagna - EA Founder

Offline Special

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 06:48:05 am »
Asking about which is better is probably a personal question :P

I feel better using squirrel due to the syntax overall. Squirrel servers have been improved/updated and exclusive scripting features included, so you can expect a better platform using squirrel language. But note that both languages are also limited by R2 version as well. If i had to pick one, i'd directly start learning squirrel since it is more "easier" to read, and it has a similar syntax with C++/java/etc.

This forum has exclusive PAWN scripting and general VC:MP support. I suggest you (in case you pick squirrel), submit an account in the unofficial forums which is full squirrel scripting support.

u mean squirrel is better then pawn right? btw thanks for ur reply