Author Topic: Proposition score and Website link  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
Proposition score and Website link
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:12:07 pm »
Proposition 1
Is it possible that add score / kills the client nickname in 0.4? It is not so important but it could have been.

Proposition 2
The second suggestion is to add the ability to link to the forum server to Server Info.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:24:50 pm by Mariu22S »

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Re: Proposition score and Website link
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:27:46 am »
If you are really going to take a look at this, take a look and at my suggestions from August 07, 2013.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:36:01 am by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:09:18 am »
+1

Why not go ahead and add a whole rules list in that case. The score thing in the playerlist is in my opinion unneeded, but if you are going to add it why not add more. To be honest, I kinda like the LU query protocol (or UGP what VRocker calls it I think). You can request all kinds of data from the players like skin, position, health, score, etc.

If you're going to add more stuff to the query protocol, it would be nicer to switch to one that has it properly implemented: UGP.

Offline ysc123

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 06:52:30 am »
+1

Why not go ahead and add a whole rules list in that case. The score thing in the playerlist is in my opinion unneeded, but if you are going to add it why not add more. To be honest, I kinda like the LU query protocol (or UGP what VRocker calls it I think). You can request all kinds of data from the players like skin, position, health, score, etc.

If you're going to add more stuff to the query protocol, it would be nicer to switch to one that has it properly implemented: UGP.
I think I can write a plugin to replace current query protocol.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:51:53 pm »
+1

That will need to be run on a different port. Not ideal. It's better if this gets implemented into the server itself.
Sure, if they don't want to do it we can do it with a plugin but still...

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 02:03:53 pm »

Please don't do anything that relies on intercepting packets to the server or altering documented behavior. See Thijn's post. You'll need to run your plugin on a separate port, and if you completely replace the query protocol instead of adding a new one, you will not be listed on the masterlist.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:05:29 pm by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.