Author Topic: Interest towards VC:MP  (Read 9921 times)

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Interest towards VC:MP
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:48:00 pm »
I am not that guy who posted that topic about 0.4... and I've never said anything about VC:MP as you can see ,I have only 1 post(two with this).I don't have any problem,I just came here to say that the progress of VC:MP is very slow.You started the beta in august 2013 if I'm not wrong and still we are in this beta period,shall I ask if it's normal ?I've never seen in my life something to be in beta for more than 1 year.In 1 year I can do a lot of things,it's not a little time,that's the truth.I know not all of my points are true for you but that's what me or at least all the VC:MP players see;sorry for not mentioning maxorator too,just missed to type his name,I wanted to say that there are only 2 devs active and 6 lazy not busy.If you say so Stormeus,why VC:MP didn't upgrade in 5 years?If you pretend so and say you ''developers'' are busy why you and maxorator have some time to look into VC:MP and others do not like you?
I wanted to say that you need to recruit some people in the VC:MP devs group because 2 are not just enough to develop this mod for VC.Sorry for briging again SA:MP in this discussion,I just don't know another good example,they have an active team and just like you they have a job but the difference between they and your other 6 members of the devs group is that they at least give some time for their creation and not making it like a shit.
I hope that you don't take me wrong,I just exprimate my minds here because I love VC:MP just like other players do,I like this community,years ago when I joined my first time in SA:MP I didn't like it because it was a huge community,a huge map and I wasn't really a good fan of SA then when I tried VC:MP I just loved it,it wasn't that big community and it was just great but now that community decreases very fast day by day.You can succeed this mod if you become a little more active,let's do not see the past and let's see the future because if you continue like that VC:MP will end up in just some months having 0 players like LU.

Now do not let's play in the hiring developers just let it 0.4 will be released as soon as possible

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
I just came here to say that the progress of VC:MP is very slow.You started the beta in august 2013 if I'm not wrong and still we are in this beta period,shall I ask if it's normal ?I've never seen in my life something to be in beta for more than 1 year

You answered that your self.

I wanted to say that there are only 2 devs active and 6 lazy not busy.

I wanted to say that you need to recruit some people in the VC:MP devs group because 2 are not just enough to develop this mod for VC.

As you can see the source is quite protected and I have to (you also have to) believe that it's for the sake of consistency. Making the source public would span dozens of copies and distributions. With probably 1 or 2 lines of code different from the original. But those lines of code could make a huge difference when a server and a client talk differently.

So a new person coming to play this game wouldn't know which client to choose from and on which server does his client work on. Not to mention that you as a server owner will probably have to host a dozen more servers if you want to attract more people because those people will use different clients on their own that each work with their specific server.

Scriptwriters will have to document for every distribution out there and know the differences and bugs in each distribution as well. And as you can see all of this leads to an even bigger chaos with even more serious issues and bugs introduced. There wouldn't be a standard anymore and where there isn't a standard there is chaos.

And I haven't even started on distributions which can contain malware and all kind of viruses that you willingly install on your computer thinking it's legit. An antivirus wouldn't detect that easily because it's embedded into the code instead of being injected or attached to another executable. And even then you would think it's normal behavior and is just another false/positive alert since the client attaches to the game process and does some heavy memory modifications at runtime to control behavior of the game.

Now back to the issue why there are so few developers involved. Because it's hard to trust someone with the source code as already mentioned. Any one of these punks could mess around and release the source which would result in what I've just mentioned above. They just can't trust some anyone with the source code.

You seem to complain that the development doesn't go as fast as you want or as good as you want. But let me just tell you: Why don't you do it your self? Yes you read correct! Why don't you create a VC:MP version of your own and then see how hard it is.

This is free software people. Nobody is getting paid to work on it and nobody earns anything from it. Which means you have to get a real job (one that pays) to be able to make a living. And the real job will be more exhausting then working to maintain VC:MP. And the real job doesn't care that you must also go home to work on your hobby. The real job pays you and you have to deliver or else... And when you finally get home after an exhausting day at work. Coding for VC:MP will be the last of your worries.

Developers have a life too. Just because you don't have a life that doesn't mean they don't either. If you are some some 13 year old kid then you couldn't possibly understand this now. But you will, in a few years you will fully understand it and get to experience it as well. And then you'll see how hard it is.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:49:58 pm by S.L.C »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:11 am »
I just came here to say that the progress of VC:MP is very slow.You started the beta in august 2013 if I'm not wrong and still we are in this beta period,shall I ask if it's normal ?I've never seen in my life something to be in beta for more than 1 year.In 1 year I can do a lot of things,it's not a little time,that's the truth.

0.4 is a complete rewrite of the multiplayer mod

I'll be thoroughly impressed if you can write an entire multiplayer mod with the complexity of 0.4 in a year.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Einoriuks

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 12:08:11 pm »
You are complaining about 0.4's (non)release by years... And now, when it is almost released, you are complaining about it's slow development ?!
What a shitty atitude !
You will never stop to complain about vc:mp, because this is your tipical atitude !
You spelled the word "attitude" wrong,anyway.

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 02:04:36 pm »
You are complaining about 0.4's (non)release by years... And now, when it is almost released, you are complaining about it's slow development ?!
What a shitty atitude !
You will never stop to complain about vc:mp, because this is your tipical atitude !

If you don't have any intention of actually discussing the topic of the thread, you're welcome to leave.

Offline Einoriuks

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 04:24:55 pm »
What a shitty atitude !

If you don't have any intention of actually discussing the topic of the thread, you're welcome to leave.
No need to be rude.

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 04:55:22 pm »

That's because in his language attitude is written with a single "t" (atitudine) which makes the mistake understandable. A mistake like this is probably insignificant and as long as the message is received correctly. No reason to be too strict here.

Offline Honey.

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 07:21:47 pm »
Is there any reason to Continue the topic anymore?

Offline Einoriuks

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 08:55:26 pm »

That's because in his language attitude is written with a single "t" (atitudine) which makes the mistake understandable. A mistake like this is probably insignificant and as long as the message is received correctly. No reason to be too strict here.
I know that.Eh,and what's the problem?He's romanian,as well as me.Why can I spell the word?

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:27 pm »
I know that.Eh,and what's the problem?He's romanian,as well as me.Why can I spell the word?

What the fffffff**** is wrong with you people? Haven't you ever (in your whole miserable life) happen to not press a key hard enough for it to not be considered a valid keystroke which resulted in a skipped character? Stay on the god damn topic or get the f*** out and annoy someone else.

Offline Einoriuks

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »

What the fffffff**** is wrong with you people? Haven't you ever (in your whole miserable life) happen to not press a key hard enough for it to not be considered a valid keystroke which resulted in a skipped character? Stay on the god damn topic or get the f*** out and annoy someone else.

Calm down,kid.Go outside and take a deep breath.

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 11:07:46 pm »
Locked before a personal argument breaks out further. The OP's been answered anyway.