Author Topic: Approximate date of release 0.4 ?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
Approximate date of release 0.4 ?
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:07:22 pm »
Could you give me the date of issue 0.4? I'm ready to move to version 0.4 but I do not know if the project does not fall and again a year to wait for a bete.

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
Re: Approximate date of release 0.4 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:54:50 pm »
The 0.4 version was released two months ago. What other version are you referring to? The stable version? The stable version will be released when the developers think no other critical bugs exist in the current release. It's not something where you can give an approximate time and date of the actual release.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »
This is exactly why people aren't moving to 0.4, they still think it's just a tiny beta and it will end after another week.

The 0.4 beta we have now can be seen as a release product, which will have updates and fixes on the way. So stop worrying and move over to 0.4 :)

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:51:23 am »
We won't have an exact release date until we're confident that it's completely ready for showtime, which also entails server owners being prepared.

However, since there's been a lull in bug reports and changes to the code, Thijn is correct, this is very much a release-ready version. We've also released the server anyway, so there's no way for us to "end" the beta other than by releasing a full version. The servers don't have killswitches in them.
Do not PM me for support.