Author Topic: [BUG] If the last key pressed in chat, is a binded key, it will apply.  (Read 2581 times)

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Description
If you are chatting, and your last key pressed was a binded one, it will apply, even if you just ended the message and had no intention to get key's feature.

Reproducible
Always

What you were doing when the bug happened
I typed a message with "h" at the end, in "EthicaL DM" server, and I received the list with all commands implemented in the server.
(Then I used a capital - with shift - while driving the taxi, and I just jumped, without any intention to do it)

What you think caused the bug
Pressing way too fast the Enter button to send the message written.

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] If the last key pressed in chat, is a binded key, it will apply.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:09 pm »
What you think caused the bug
Pressing way too fast the Enter button to send the message written.

It has nothing to do with that, it's most likely the binding not checking if actual player is writing in chat or not. You can use the onStartTyping and onEndTyping events to prevent that though.
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players