• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

How do I configure a VCMP 0.3z R2 Server?

Started by WizardCM, July 31, 2010, 02:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardCM

Hi everyone!

I downloaded VC-MP yesterday (the client & the server) and got it running with almost no problems.
But, because I'm using the default mode that comes with the newest release, it gets a bit boring. Now, I spent a couple hours last night trying to find how to make my own mode, and after trying build mode so many times, I gave up.
Basically, I could get into build mode with no problems (both ways), but if I tried to spawn a car (/vehicle 130) nothing happened, and if I tried to change skins (/skin 2) the game would give me an unhandled exception that the VC-MP client would also spit out.

So what I'd like to know, is how would I be able to properly configure my own game mode without having to use the build mode, and how is a full 0.3z R2 config file (and mode files, of course) laid out?

Thanks in advance.

Tonys

To use build mode download 0.3x it's the only one that works for build mode.
Depending on which server you downloaded the PAWN or mIRC just open up the config file and edit what need to be edited.

WizardCM

Tonys, your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Now I'm gonna have to learn Pawn. :P

Hmm, after I compile the server crashes when I try to start it, even if all I do is recompile the original. Any idea why?

[AoD]NC

Tonys

Quote from: WizardCM on July 31, 2010, 01:50:20 PM
Tonys, your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Now I'm gonna have to learn Pawn. :P

Hmm, after I compile the server crashes when I try to start it, even if all I do is recompile the original. Any idea why?

No problem.

If you wanna learn PAWN I suggest taking a look through the publicly released gamemodes and see what you can learn from them or google up PAWN tutorials (probaly better) and start off there.  As NC above said check your server log it might tell you the reason why.

WizardCM

After looking around a bit I decided to download the VCMP 0.3z server and that (finally) doesn't need PAWN, but works with regular ini files. Now to start making a gamemode!

[AoD]NC

If you don't like PAWN you can try anytime squirrel. Config.ini in Squirrel is similar to that from R1/R2 server without pawn.

And btw. placing some cars and skins won't make your gamemode really cool, you need also scripting ;).

[Saint]

Quote from: [AoD]NC on August 02, 2010, 12:25:14 AM
If you don't like PAWN you can try anytime squirrel. Config.ini in Squirrel is similar to that from R1/R2 server without pawn.

And btw. placing some cars and skins won't make your gamemode really cool, you need also scripting ;).

very small functions to create a really good script, moreover, half of them are not working  :(

88.83.197.243:7778

[AoD]NC