• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Beta Team

Started by Javi, February 14, 2010, 04:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javi

I guess most of you have noticed that the Beta Team is not like it used to be, there were a lot of more Beta Testers (active ones). I bet 50% of them are inactive and can't beta test, and 20% of them are not even in the VC:MP channels. Wouldn't it be a good idea of doing a Beta Team renewal?

Boss

How exactly have you figured that "50%" are inactive?

Javi

Quote from: Boss on February 14, 2010, 05:02:04 PM
How exactly have you figured that "50%" are inactive?
Lol? You were agreeing to that in the VC:MP channel and now you are refusing? Don't tell me to "PROVE IT OR DIE" as you always do though :)
I just figured it out by reading the beta testers nicks on IRC.

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:05:02 PM
Lol? You were agreeing to that in the VC:MP channel and now you are refusing? Don't tell me to "PROVE IT OR DIE" as you always do though :)
Do you expect me to unquestionably agree with anything you say or smth? I see no valid reason for that.

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:05:02 PM
I just figured it out by reading the beta testers nicks on IRC.
Well, there're lots of them (15 hops and voices atm). Why do you think that they're inactive and, most importantly, that devs need any more?

Javi

Quote<Forze> And BTW, what happened to the Beta Team?
<Forze> I bet 50% of them don't even thest
<Forze> And 20% are not even in this channel, or are inactive
<%[TDH]Boss> Dunno, ask them. :x
<%[TDH]Boss> All those guys with hops.
<Forze> Yeah I know, they are Beta Testers
<Forze> But most of them are inactive
<%[TDH]Boss> I noted that to devs but they seem to be thinking it's ok.
<Forze> Oh well, in my opinion there should be a Beta Team renewal
<%[TDH]Boss> ^

So you were agreeing on the VC:MP channel, and not here? And nothing is making me think that devs need any more testers, I'm just sharing my opinion.

Ettans

Quote from: Boss on February 14, 2010, 05:12:22 PM
Well, there're lots of them (15 hops and voices atm). Why do you think that they're inactive and, most importantly, that devs need any more?

Has someone stepped on your braincells? You agreed to Forze's idea at IRC and you had no questions/arguments and in here you talk the absolute opposite. Nobody said about instating new testers, just dropping the inactive ones.

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:18:48 PM
So you were agreeing on the VC:MP channel, and not here?

Quote from: Ettans on February 14, 2010, 05:24:44 PM
You agreed to Forze's idea at IRC and you had no questions/arguments and in here you talk the absolute opposite.

I represent my position in IRC and asume devs' position on forums so they don't have to waste time wandering all over the forums replying to every thread they may encounter. They are busy with some more important things, don't you think?

And nothing is making me think that devs need any more testers, I'm just sharing my opinion.
If devs needed any new testers or had a feeling that "old" ones are not needed, they would surely make all the required changes. If they don't, that means that they are comfortable with things as they are.

Nobody said about instating new testers, just dropping the inactive ones.
Serafim returned after he was inactive for a year. Do you want to see him kicked right away?

Ettans

Did I say anything about kicking Serafirm from the beta-team? No, I merely stated that in my opinion the developers should at least take a close look at the current team as I think few of them don't even test. It would also be nice if you could say the same thing in IRC and on forum, otherwise it's confusing.

Javi

Quote from: Boss on February 14, 2010, 05:31:38 PM
So you were agreeing on the VC:MP channel, and not here?

You agreed to Forze's idea at IRC and you had no questions/arguments and in here you talk the absolute opposite.

I represent my position in IRC and asume devs' position on forums so they don't have to waste time wandering all over the forums replying to every thread they may encounter. They are busy with some more important things, don't you think?
I think you have no idea on what you're talking about. Devs know what to do, they don't need you to cover them I guess. If you're agreeing to my idea, why don't you just say it? Your opinion is valid on here, looks like you are on my side on IRC (where devs don't really see your opinion), and on devs' side at the forums.

And nothing is making me think that devs need any more testers, I'm just sharing my opinion.
If devs needed any new testers or had a feeling that "old" ones are not needed, they would surely make all the required changes. If they don't, that means that they are comfortable with things as they are.
I'm just posting what a normal player thinks :)

Nobody said about instating new testers, just dropping the inactive ones.
Serafim returned after he was inactive for a year. Do you want to see him kicked right away?
We don't, they could just email a developer or some other beta testers to let them know about their inactivity.

Aside, let me quote what Boss said on IRC once more; he liked the idea actually :)
Quote<Forze> And BTW, what happened to the Beta Team?
<Forze> I bet 50% of them don't even thest
<Forze> And 20% are not even in this channel, or are inactive
<%[TDH]Boss> Dunno, ask them. :x
<%[TDH]Boss> All those guys with hops.
<Forze> Yeah I know, they are Beta Testers
<Forze> But most of them are inactive
<%[TDH]Boss> I noted that to devs but they seem to be thinking it's ok.
<Forze> Oh well, in my opinion there should be a Beta Team renewal
<%[TDH]Boss> ^

Boss

Quote from: Ettans on February 14, 2010, 05:36:28 PM
the developers should at least take a close look at the current team as I think few of them don't even test
I have already brought that to their attention. In fact, I will quote my post from the private forum (it doesn't contain any "secret info", any of you can make the same using forum's profiles):

Quote from: Boss
Here's a list of mine, sorted by last login date (compiled on 31.01.10).

• Today - Falcon (Developer)
  • Today - maxorator (Developer)
  • Today - Mattz (Lead Tester)
  • Today - kenwood (Lead Tester)
  • Today - Baldachyn (Tester)
  • Today - Boss (Tester)
  • Today - Darfy (Tester)
  • Today - Red_Queen (Tester)
  • Today - Sephiroth (Tester)
  • Today - Strike (Tester)
  • Today - Squida (Tester)
  • Today - Tanner (Tester)
  • Today - YaceQ (Tester)

• 29.01.10 - adamale (Tester)
  • 28.01.10 - Hanney (Tester)
  • 28.01.10 - Kill3R (Tester)
  • 25.01.10 - bakasan (Developer)
  • 17.01.10 - Rockyfella (Tester)
  • 10.01.10 - Carlambor (Tester)

• 26.12.09 - Smoke2jointS (Tester)
  • 24.12.09 - ToMo (Tester)
  • 21.12.09 - Xaix (Tester)
  • 25.11.09 - offthewall (Tester)
  • 29.08.09 - Jeranamo (Developer)
  • 25.07.09 - Anya (Tester)
  • 24.07.09 - Ryz (Tester)
  • 26.03.09 - VercettiG (Tester)
  • 26.02.09 - Simon (Tester)
  • 25.01.09 - Shanto (Tester)
  • 20.01.09 - Tommis (Tester)

• 07.12.08 - Serafim (Tester)
  • 16.10.08 - kenny01 (Tester)
  • 20.09.08 - Much_Pain (Tester)
  • 14.08.08 - Bautista (Tester)
  • 06.08.08 - Azer (Tester)
  • 22.06.08 - Cole (Tester)
  • 18.05.08 - Y_Less (Developer)
  • 09.03.08 - [DnA]oVeRdOsE (Tester)

• 18.12.07 - Den (Tester)
  • 16.12.07 - fourone (Tester)
  • 27.10.07 - HappyFace (Tester)
  • 19.10.07 - Flame^ (Tester)
  • 28.07.07 - [DnA]OpHiDiAn (Tester)
  • 14.07.07 - menzees (Tester)
  • 12.07.07 - [MK]BladaSkova (Tester)
  • 07.07.07 - FrOsTi (Tester)
  • 25.06.07 - Peter (Tester)

• 29.09.07 - Static (Developer?)
  • 09.07.07 - njr1489 (Tester?)

• Unregistered? - RZK (Tester)

Total: 50
It has been posted two weeks ago and devs did nothing, which obviously means they are not interested in a "closer look".

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:41:16 PM
I think you have no idea on what you're talking about.
I do, because I can actually witness who is active and who is not.

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:41:16 PM
If you're agreeing to my idea, why don't you just say it? Your opinion is valid on here, looks like you are on my side on IRC (where devs don't really see your opinion), and on devs' side at the forums.
Read above.

I'm just posting what a normal player thinks :)
I still don't get where did you get "activity data" from. Are you pinging beta servers?

Aside, let me quote what Boss said on IRC once more; he liked the idea actually :)
Do that five more times and receive unlimited kudos.

Ettans

44 beta testers? You have got to be kidding me.   :D

Boss

Ettans

Any specific reason to show the memberlist link? 41 members there, so?

Javi

So, why don't they clean up the Beta Testing team? As I stated before I was right, almost 50% of them are inactive.

And how did you want me to know they don't care about that?

Once more, I'd like to hear about your opinion, stop posting what a developer would say.

Boss

Quote from: Ettans on February 14, 2010, 05:56:34 PM
Any specific reason to show the memberlist link? 41 members there, so?
I am showing you that the list above is not faked by me. These people are officially considered testers.

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:57:30 PM
So, why don't they clean up the Beta Testing team? As I stated before I was right, almost 50% of them are inactive.
Inactive people do not visit forums/IRC, meaning they provide no trouble. Plus, developers trust them enough not to revoke their tester/moderator statuses. And active testers are currently enough to perform testing tasks.

Quote from: Forze on February 14, 2010, 05:57:30 PM
Once more, I'd like to hear about your opinion, stop posting what a developer would say.
You know my opinion already. You might as well want to get an insight of what (if ever) a dev would reply.