• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Discussion VC:MP 0.4 beta preview

Started by Klerekast, June 07, 2008, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juppi

You didnt get the main point, its not only the learning but also re-coding, so if everything has to be coded basicly from the beginning there will be downtime on servers. And its quite hard to learn pawn completely in few days without knowledge of C or similar. Basics are possible, but then what? Many of the servers have complex scripts which have taken a lot of time to code. After learning to use pawn you need to re-create everything.

Having mIRC support will give server owners time to adapt, doesnt take anything off from others? I dont quite understand your opinion on this.

mercury

mirc scripting is not that stable. i think recoding will be better. because if mirc scripting exists, server owners will not code their modes on pawn. they will use mirc. nobody will care about pawn.

[SDT]Twisted

Well, then no one will join their crappy mirc servers :)

But yeah, I think mirc should be an option because then the server owners could have a decent server until they recode their script in pawn (Or learn it, in my case).

Ricardo Diaz

I suggest Automatic check for HP and armour to detect hacker before they come in and ruin the game fun! ;)
Example:
-Before spawning the player, the server slaps him (reduce hp) then check if the player HP is ot reduced the player will be automaticly kicked or banned if e repeat it many times, if the player's hp is reduced the server will set back on his HP to 100% and spawn player normally,
i hope these suggestion will be useful,
Best regards,
Ricardo

Force

This can already be implemented with a script  :-X