• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

SetVehiclePos doesn't work correctly

Started by duszek21, March 16, 2010, 08:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duszek21

Hi, i want to create a BringCar command in my script, and i use SetVehiclePos function, but it doesn't work correctly. I testing it for long time i i know that this function work until someone use this car (get in and ride). Is there any way to this?

----
Sorry for my English. I try to write as best i can, but I'm bad at english grammar and times...

Kingston

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1876.0

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1656.msg11886#msg11886

GetVehiclePos(vehicleid, &Float:x, &Float:y, &Float:z)

SetVehiclePos(vehicleid, Float:x, Float:y, Float:z,Float:rot)

Website Of Kingston
109.65.6.122:5192

duszek21

Kingston, thanks for answer, but I read this before I wrote this Topic (look this post http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1656.msg14236#msg14236 ). And I know how use this function. I want to how to get around this error. Is there any way to this?

thijn

You can use a timer,
First you will set your own vehicle to the ID you want to teleport,
then after some seconds (1/2 will be enough i think) you set the location to the location you were.

duszek21

Thanks, but i know how to create this command. My problem is SetVehiclePos. Is there any way to get around this error (SetVehiclePos doesn't work correctly - subject of topic...)? ???

Boss

Well, you could try recreating car after someone enters (and exits) it, but, even if it works, you still won't be able to teleport the car with someone in it.

So, no I think.

duszek21

First: I tried respawn car, but after that SetVehiclePos still doesnt work correctly. And SetVehiclePos never works when someone is in the car. Any other suggestions? May be an alternative for SetVehiclePos? Maybe other language of script for this server? mIRC? filter scripts? I do not know at this... i know only Pawno, PHP, Pascal and C++. And MySQL on basic level.

Boss

I suppose it works in mrc version of the server but, other than that, you'll have to wait for a new version release.

thijn

Quote from: Boss on March 17, 2010, 06:16:34 PM
I suppose it works in mrc version of the server but, other than that, you'll have to wait for a new version release.
Nope, It doesn't.
You'll have to do the same as I said here:
Quote from: thijn on March 16, 2010, 10:54:03 PM
You can use a timer,
then after some seconds (1/2 will be enough i think) you set the location to the location you were.

Boss

Quote from: thijn on March 17, 2010, 07:11:29 PM
Nope, It doesn't.
Well, !getcar function works at LW (which is mrc) somehow.

Quote from: thijn on March 17, 2010, 07:11:29 PM
I think he could use some code.