• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

R2 player animations?

Started by Javi, February 08, 2010, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javi

So I was just wondering why R2 is using the same player animations as 0.1. By any chance is the next release using 0.3z animations back?

Skirmant

I think all of the animations are here. /handsup, /sit, /sell, /buy are still working.
And the ids don't seem changed. What animation can be possibly missing?
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

Javi

Oh, I didn't mean that; I was talking about the fighting animations in general, you know the player is falling different, dieing different, etc...

Boss

Quote from: Skirmant on February 08, 2010, 04:14:01 PM
I think all of the animations are here. /handsup, /sit, /sell, /buy are still working.
Yeah, yeah, we all know you like mrc scripting. In fact, SetPlayerAnimation doesn't work in pawn yet.

As for the combat animations - what exactly is bad about them?

Skirmant

Quote from: Boss on February 08, 2010, 04:34:25 PM
Quote from: Skirmant on February 08, 2010, 04:14:01 PM
Yeah, yeah, we all know you like mrc scripting. In fact, SetPlayerAnimation doesn't work in pawn yet.

Those commands are not added by scripting. They are there originally.
For example /sell gives you talking animation.

I also noticed a strange thing in r2. When I take an adrenaline pill I don't go into slow motion like before.
Instead I can see my own character lagging.
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

Javi

Quote from: Boss on February 08, 2010, 04:34:25 PM
As for the combat animations - what exactly is bad about them?
0.3z ones were pretty much better, it became hard to get used to them after a long time playing 0.3z.

Boss

Quote from: Skirmant on February 08, 2010, 04:52:35 PM
Those commands are not added by scripting. They are there originally.
Huh? /me will check

Quote from: Skirmant on February 08, 2010, 04:52:35 PM
I also noticed a strange thing in r2. When I take an adrenaline pill I don't go into slow motion like before.
Instead I can see my own character lagging.
I think someone posted about that issue.

Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 04:54:35 PM
0.3z ones were pretty much better, it became hard to get used to them after a long time playing 0.3z.
It will be easier to "fix" them if you tell what exactly was better. Were they faster, slower, better synced or what? I didn't play r1 enough to memorize them. :s

ManiAc

Well to me and almost all players R1 sync is better, because R2 one is bad,And even more for the ones who never played 0.1d or MTA

The good of R2 is it doesn't crash

Aaron

I think the r2 sync is smoother but that's what causes the one thing that I think is bad about the r2 sync compared to r1; it plays full animations, r1 didn't "sync" the fall animation it just made players instantly appear on the ground if they were hit with a shotgun, but in r2 its longer since it shows the falling animation, and sometimes causes players to slide around after they got up and since they are still on the ground(due to lag, the animation is too long), they could be up and shooting on their screen but they cant hurt you.

Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 04:05:22 PM
So I was just wondering why R2 is using the same player animations as 0.1. By any chance is the next release using 0.3z animations back?

Its different/better than 0.1 sync, check out that VCO mod, falling isn't synced its similair to 0.1

Im sure I remember jumping in 0.1 and my player would dive like dodging a car in single player. LOL

Oh and one more thing, the r2 sync works flawlessly in LAN  8)